A lot better

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Moved the ball around more quickly, pressed the ball more, showed more purpose going forward. All very encouraging.

Hard to tell when you play against 10 men all game. 3 points is 3 points all day george. A bit of a chance for a confidence building 4 or 5 win missed i feel.

I think a few months of intense cows bum hitting with a banjo training could come in handy though. It's not just Porter, it's the lot who can't shoot straight. Mind you, that's probably why they play for us. If they could shoot, we would have sold em ages ago. Or never signed em. I still think we will get another striker in, just hope we don't lose anybody to make it happen. If we could eke out a relatively experienced, but not bloody ancient, cheap striker from somewhere i think we could have a decent team. Goals win games, as somebody clever probably once said.

We seem to be overloaded with defenders right now, anybody 100% maguire will still be here in a months time?

I still think we will end up with Boyd.
& he will get a sackful in this league.

Why is he hoof-it-long? One player doesn't dictate how you play, for crying out loud. When we're 1-0 down at a freezing cold Colchester and all we have on the bench is Porter and/or Ironside, you may regret your viewpoint. I'm not saying Showumni would be top of my shopping list, but a big pacy bugger to come on and cause havoc is something anybody at this level could do with.

I still think we will end up with Boyd.
& he will get a sackful in this league.

I hope so, i think he would be a good signing. Though his career has gone right down the shitter, for some reason. Well worth a go though.

At least a couple of years.

well_done_sir.gif

Friday 2 August 2013
Kris Boyd insists he put his family first when he knocked back friend David Weir and his Sheffield United team to sign on again with Kilmarnock.

Bugger. Oh well, sod him. He's crap anyway. :cool:

Why is he hoof-it-long? One player doesn't dictate how you play, for crying out loud. When we're 1-0 down at a freezing cold Colchester and all we have on the bench is Porter and/or Ironside, you may regret your viewpoint. I'm not saying Showumni would be top of my shopping list, but a big pacy bugger to come on and cause havoc is something anybody at this level could do with.

Big but not pacy and like it or not Showumni encourages a direct style. His one contribution was the foul on Maguire (play to the whistle chump) and then the shot. It came from a big ball down the middle. They tried it a few more times and it was dealt with easily.

Big but not pacy and like it or not Showumni encourages a direct style. His one contribution was the foul on Maguire (play to the whistle chump) and then the shot. It came from a big ball down the middle. They tried it a few more times and it was dealt with easily.
Right. But the point is, they only put him on when they were a man down away from home and desperate for an equaliser. He then got it for them.

Call me funny, but when we're 1-0 (or heaven forbid 3-0) down with 20 minutes left, i'm quite partial to a direct style.

Christ on a cracker, it was an off-the-cuff remark that i'd rather have Showumni than Porter. If i'm honest, I'd rather bring Deano back than have Porter. And he's about a hundred and five! I really don't want to turn this thread into a Porter one. Some of us think he's good, some of us think he's shite, some of us hope he scores a shedload of goals so we can flog him to Reading in January!

Good win, wasn't it? Football. K mac. Brandy snaps. Maguire both ends. Red card. Shots. On target. Mostly off target. Jumpers for goalposts. Cool summer breeze. Vague smell of deep heat in the air. Isn't it. Wasn't it. Marvellous. :D

fuck. ermmm we still need that 'kind' of player in the side. a 'sniffer' so to speak?

Shows his level of ambition when he'd rather play for Kilmarnock in the "does anybody actually care about this crap anymore" league than hopefully have a tilt at promotion with us. Pipe and slippers mode. Probably better off without him, if that's his mindset.

Shows his level of ambition when he'd rather play for Kilmarnock in the "does anybody actually care about this crap anymore" league than hopefully have a tilt at promotion with us. Pipe and slippers mode. Probably better off without him, if that's his mindset.

Davie Weir's take was that he wasn't sure it was the right move at this time, so spoke to him, but decided against bringing him in.

Davie Weir's take was that he wasn't sure it was the right move at this time, so spoke to him, but decided against bringing him in.

Hmm. Somebody telling porkies somewhere then?

Kris Boyd insists he put his family first when he knocked back friend David Weir and his Sheffield United team to sign on again with Kilmarnock.

Boyd penned a fresh one-year contract with the Rugby Park club yesterday after rejoining his first club on a short-term deal last season.
The Scottish Premier League's all-time top scorer held talks with several clubs south of the border during the summer and admits that his former Ibrox colleague Weir came closest to persuading him to giving it another go in England after a disappointing spell with Middlesbrough.
Ultimately, the 29-year-old former Scotland international decided he could not put his wife Christine and their daughters Brooke and Savannah through another upheaval after spending the past three years moving between Scotland, England, Turkey and the United States.
Boyd, who returned to Killie after a 12-month stint with Portland Timbers in Major League Soccer, told Press Association Sport: "I said at the end of last season that I had enjoyed being back at Kilmarnock. It was always my first thought to try and get something sorted here because my family is back here and settled.
"We had to sort a few things out but it was a pretty easy decision in the end.
"I spoke to a few other teams during the summer, with the most tempting offer from Davie Weir at Sheffield United. We are close mates and Sheffield United are a big club.
"It was a move that crossed my mind but with my family being settled here and the travelling that would have been involved, I felt it was more important for me to concentrate on playing my football here in Scotland."
But Boyd - who netted six goals in 29 outings for Boro - still believes he can be a success in England.
He said: "It's not easy being away from your family so I felt it was right to come back home and concentrate on my football. But I still want another crack at England and I feel as if I've got three or four years left in me."

Anybody think Porter will be surplus to requirements come the January window? Just have a feeling that once Taylor gets his shooting boots on,his appearances will be limited.

Nothing new there

Well done blades. Always great to start the season with a win. I think we won the first game too when we won promotion to the premiership with Warnock.

I think we were all watching the wrong game according to the BBC

"Sheffield United claimed victory in the first match of the 2013-14 Football League season with a narrow win over 10-man Notts County."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23460928

Take it Ian Woodcock is a pig?

They don't bother watching the matches for league 1 and below. They get all their information from the Press Association and just look at the Match sats

Lots of positives, lots of good performances from players playing in new roles and with a few new teammates. The formation worked well and the players played with a lot of freedom, roaming around and supporting the-not-so-lone striker well.

Felt sorry for Porter that he couldn't convert his two biggest chances. They came at him very quickly and he did ok otherwise, so stay off his back please. I have a little hope that he'll turn out a cult hero for us this season.

Brandy, McDonald and Murphy (first half) was our best performers, encouraging stuff from Westlake, McGinn and Coady too, while the others also did well.

Where can we improve?

• Finishing/shooting!

• We won't play against ten men every game, and there will be games where there is more space to run into behind the opposition defence. Taylor may be better suited to those games, as he's got more pace than Porter and will stretch teams more. Murphy, McDonald and Brandy supported Porter well, but they didn't make too many runs beyond him.

• At left back Williams did some things well, he was eager to get forward, made himself available and got into some good positions. Unlike Westlake, his problem is that he never did anything constructive when he got the ball. Even when in excellent positions to take on a midfielder who was moved to right back, he decided to pass it backwards - every time! It shows a lack of ability and/or confidence, and if we are going to improve even more, we need good attacking contributions from every position. Williams often passed to players in worse positions than himself, and Weir can't accept that in the long run. It's a shame because he's the right TYPE of full back for this set up, as I said he is eager to get forward and when he does he often opened up space for the winger to cut inside. Still it's the main position we can improve at, in my opinion, based on today.

Porter - Cult hero? lol

or play for a Scottish team that could qualify for the Champions league or Europa league next season, or even win a cup that is not the JPT

or play for a Scottish team that could qualify for the Champions league or Europa league next season, or even win a cup that is not the JPT

And get knocked out in the first qualifying round by Spartak Chernobyl?

Back
Top Bottom