Time to sack Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The goals in quick succession theme indicates something beyond just being shit. It really shouldn't happen like that. Any competent championship team should be able to prevent that, despite the ruthless quality of the league
Concede, reset. Don’t sit so deep, focus, switch back on…

He’s here next season. And the majority of these fucking losers will be on the team sheet the first game of next season. I can fucking guarantee Ollie Norwood will start the first game. I can honestly see this side being relegated next season. We are that bad. And The Prince will oversee this shit, with zero interest and enthusiasm.
Best we can hope for next season is finishing 20th.

I’m not usually one for slagging the playing, coaching or management staff off, but while ever Wilder is attached to the club, the stink of failure hangs around too.

I have genuine appreciation for what he did for us, turning us around and getting us to ninth in the Premier League against the odds. However, after he slunk off with £4m in his back pocket after losing his mojo and blaming everyone but himself, that was it for me. We shouldn’t have gone back. And he’s proving that now with his strange tactics and his bizarre insistence on trying things that have been proven not to work (Grbic, Norwood).

We probably won’t do too badly with him next season in all honesty. I can’t see us going down again. But equally we’re not building for the future by keeping him in charge, and his shortcomings will come back to the surface as soon as we face another significant challenge.

I think he should always be welcome at the Lane as a guest after all he did for us, but we should never have entertained the idea of bringing him back, and we need to address it sharpish if we’ve got any hope of progressing as a club in the future.

It's a hard one to call.

The situation was near impossible, and after the drubbings we had received, half of the squad were mentally destroyed by the time he came in.

I do think he has made us better in attack, but I also think his handling of the Fodderingham/Grbic situation has been disastrous and undoubtedly led to us losing even more games, more heavily than we should have.
Personally I think he deserves a chance to rebuild us with a full pre season and transfer window.

Get rid of mardy arse Anel, lazy twat Souza and some of the dead wood where we can to raise a few quid. Then get a couple of no nonsense CBs and sort the GK situation as a priority. If we can keep McBurnie and get Egan back up to speed then all to the good.

Add that to the likes of Robbo, Bogle, Ozzy, Blaster, Hamer, Brooks and Osula then I fancy us to put out a strong team. We also have the likes of Marsh waiting in the wings.

Anything is better than this fucking league anyway.

Dan Burn saved the Geordies certain goals by being a good defender doing his job.......................ours defenders just act and play like weak pussies.

Oh back on topic Wilder will go when Arblaster gets sold in the summer.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wilder might have already told the Crafty Arab that.

We were down before Wilder came.

You’re right there, and to be fair there were quite a few of us who looked at the squad in August after Ndiaye and Berge were sold and predicted it.

Golden rule of recruiting, you don’t sign anyone who isn’t better than those you already have, otherwise you’re dead in the water.

You’re right there, and to be fair there were quite a few of us who looked at the squad in August after Ndiaye and Berge were sold and predicted it.

Golden rule of recruiting, you don’t sign anyone who isn’t better than those you already have, otherwise you’re dead in the water.
We were down before a ball was kicked after that shit show of a transfer window.

It’s not really something interesting, but I suppose we’ll see what the thoughts are in the last three games as to selections.

Does Anel get in? Does Souza? Does it matter, of course not.

We have to still try, but games against Everton and Forest will still matter to them.

The hardest part to take is that whilst we were practically down when Wilder came back, you look at sides like Brentford, Burnley, Everton, Pigs and you see sides fighting to stay in their division.

We’ve aimlessly tried to get goals but not fought to stay up.

And sack him tonight.

It’s not worked out
No chance - why?... We are scoring goals, we got above the Derby point total... we were down in May last season ... our problem was going up last season with an average squad - bring on the Championship, I am renewing my Season Ticket on Monday and I can't wait to do it as we will be competing

Dan Burn saved the Geordies certain goals by being a good defender doing his job.......................ours defenders just act and play like weak pussies.

Oh back on topic Wilder will go when Arblaster gets sold in the summer.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wilder might have already told the Crafty Arab that.
If I were Arblaster and knew that Wilder was in charge of planning our future, I’d be pushing to be off before it negatively affected my career. I wouldn’t blame any of our youngsters for wanting out at the moment.

Meltdown. The true blame is with the ownership group. Hecky never stood a chance & neither did Wilder.
Whatever you think of him, the owner is not picking Norwood to come on week in, week out. He’s also not responsible for instilling a bit of pride in the players, something that Wilder seems to have failed spectacularly at.

Whatever you think of him, the owner is not picking Norwood to come on week in, week out. He’s also not responsible for instilling a bit of pride in the players, something that Wilder seems to have failed spectacularly at.
What’s his options? Look at the bench, look at the injuries. Norwood isn’t the reason we’ve been relegated.

No manager would be successful with this team, they’re terrible & their mentality is worse

Said it when the rumours of Hecky going started to circulate and CW's name was getting mentioned and people started questioning that decision. It's simple. From a players point of view, we're nowhere near good enough or deep enough in quality. It didn't matter who took over from PH, this was always going to happen. We were shafted last summer and left to make the best of the shittest hand dealt in PL history. A hiding to nothing and realistically expecting anymore was setting yourself up for disappointment.

Spittin' dummy out now and puling faces about CW is naïve. As painful as it may be for a lot of the vocal CW bashers to acknowledge, the only real way to know if he's the right man for the job is to give him a full season* to reshape this rabble.

*I personally think we'll need at least 2 seasons and 5 windows to craft a squad greater than the sum of it's parts to go again and have a chance of making stick in the PL next time.

This thread is unbelievable!!

How the hell do so many people not realise that the fault for this shitshow lies with The Prince.

It’s not Wilder, Slav or Hecky who have caused this seasons absolute disaster! For me The Prince is getting away Scot free with this. He’s a joke of an owner, defaulted in 8.5 million of payments to other clubs, leading to a 2 point deduction next season. On top of selling Berge & Ndiaye the week before the season started. And bizarrely allowing players contracts to run down in the belief that they play better in the last year of their contracts!

This is all on the owner. Even Pep G & Sir Alex would have no chance with this ownership!

Back
Top Bottom