sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sander Berge owes United nothing and vice versa. I did enjoy watching the lad play for us but for the amount of natural ability and benefits he possesses, he really should have grabbed more games by the scruff of the neck and dictated and dominated games for us. He didn't because he just doesn't have that drive week in week out. Hence he's never become a top top player for someone. Nice lad though and I have appreciated his talents and him playing for us. I wish him all the best (after our match obviously) an dhole he gets a good reception from the crowd. Fickle bunch at times though aren't we so who knows whether he will be cheered or jeered.

Top player on his day and a really good lad. He’ll stay in the Prem when Burnley go down.
Whenever I've seen a Burnley match (highlights), just near the end , I've gone, ''Oh Sander's there, I'd forgot he played for them" , as I spot him jogging along in the background.
Like a vintage rolls Royce, out for a leisurely Sunday drive in the country.

It's ludicrous do give the bird to ex-players unless they've left under very inauspicious circumstances. Recently I can only fhink of that plank Ramsdale who would fall into that category.

When Berge's name is mentioned he should be given the polite greeting he deserves.

Preferably clapped for 5 seconds, silence for 30 seconds, then 5 seconds more of clapping. That would be proportionate to his performances in a United shirt so a fitting tribute.

It's ludicrous do give the bird to ex-players unless they've left under very inauspicious circumstances. Recently I can only fhink of that plank Ramsdale who would fall into that category.

When Berge's name is mentioned he should be given the polite greeting he deserves.

Preferably clapped for 5 seconds, silence for 30 seconds, then 5 seconds more of clapping. That would be proportionate to his performances in a United shirt so a fitting tribute.
And I’ll raise you 2 slight nods of the head and a warp speed thumb up 👍

He'll get booed and like it.

Too much. Too much.

Quality player.

We could do desperately do with his composure and ‘sideways passing’ this season. Without him and doyle we struggle to string 5 passes together and always rush and panic with the ball before wastefully and carelessly giving the ball away. He always looked to play to feet and control the tempo of the game to help give us control in games when we needed it. He was also brilliant at progressive runs and passes. Without him (and doyle & Ndiaye) we very very rarely establish control in games. Hamer replaces the progressive runs and passing but he is not as composed on the ball and often loses possession for us which keeps us in this cycle of defending for large periods of the game, camped in our half.

Berge belongs at this level. He’s gone now but I wish him nothing but the best. Nice lad and quality player for us.

For those who love stats some interesting ones from this season.

Hamer leads by LOADS for goal involvements. He also has superior progressive runs and shooting. Very poor pass completion%, passes and defensive actions.

Berge far superior for pass completion, passes made, progressive passes, touches, progressive carries and defensive actions. Poor goal involvements & shooting.

Doyle despite much less game time (almost 1/3 of hamer) he has more completed passes than Hamer, a much better completion % and similar amount of defensive contributions. Far less goal involvements than hamer who has pretty good stats for his offensive contributions.

I know they play slightly different positions and in teams with different styles but interesting to see. It shows how off our recruitment has been. Hamer has great attributes (offensively) but he clearly hasn’t been the midfield replacement for either doyle or berge that we needed and still need.

Never understood this.. clapping him before the match and during the match and making them feel welcome and relaxed to play to their potential against us!?

I don't have an issue with people wanting to greet and clap and say we'll done etc after the game has finished to ex players and fan favourites etc but shouldn't happen during the game.

Any other team boo and whistle them, look at the Barcelona match vs psg and dembele got a hostile return booing, jeering and whistling anytime he got close to the ball. - we should be trying to make is as hostile and intimidating as possible for every opposition player at home, somewhere they don't want to come and against us.
I don’t think any Blades will clap Berge during the match, but like others have said a short clap in the build up when he is announced seems right to me. You can’t really do it for a player at the end, so that is the usual thing at most clubs from anyone who thinks he deserves it.

As for making them welcome so they perform better, you could argue giving them some stick has the same effect - in the Barca game you mention it didn’t seem to do Martinez any harm!

When the whistle blows I will love it if Sander has a mare and gets cemented by Ben (legally).

Also, the Barca / Dembele example doesn’t really work. There’s a lot of history and bad feeling there, and that’s why he got the reception he did. I’d do the same for… (insert own hate figure 😤).

Last edited:
Berge always seemed like a nice guy and we did mess him about a bit with transfer.

A clap when his name is read out to acknowledge what he did for us, then hope he is terrible for the game.

Boos should be reserved for players who actually have "disrespected" our club and deserve a hard time. Berge was just a professional who got sold for a decent amount.

Just wish we didn't sell him to burnley

Sander Berge owes United nothing and vice versa. I did enjoy watching the lad play for us but for the amount of natural ability and benefits he possesses, he really should have grabbed more games by the scruff of the neck and dictated and dominated games for us. He didn't because he just doesn't have that drive week in week out. Hence he's never become a top top player for someone. Nice lad though and I have appreciated his talents and him playing for us. I wish him all the best (after our match obviously) an dhole he gets a good reception from the crowd. Fickle bunch at times though aren't we so who knows whether he will be cheered or jeered.
I was surprised that he went to Burnley, I can only think that he expected them to be fairly comfortable on the back of last season.

Never a player to roll his sleeves up which is fair enough as not every player does, but like you say, there were plenty of games over his period at United where he could and should have run the game with his technical ability.

I would love to see him in a decent side with quality around him as he would probably excel.

Unfortunately I feel like he will always be one of those players who when they are on it, are easily head a shoulders above everyone else, but more often than not, drift around uninvolved for the majority .

I loved watching him when he was here, bags of quality. Even if he's totally nesh.
It's only the Burnley factor that grates.
Shan't be booing.

No issue with Sander . Not my cup of tea but there is a player in there . Does not have the work ethic needed for a top team .

Ndiaye would deserve it, certainly more than Berge does.
Ndiaye strung us along all summer and then left at the last minute, Berge would have stayed rather than going to Burnley if the club weren't desperate to cash in on a ten million loss.

Won a fair few headers so far and overshot a easy through ball but I suppose that's a very good game for him.

Ndiaye would deserve it, certainly more than Berge does.
Ndiaye strung us along all summer and then left at the last minute, Berge would have stayed rather than going to Burnley if the club weren't desperate to cash in on a ten million loss.
JJ, Ndiaye didn’t string us along, he was all but signed a new contract but the Prince was still doing a deal behind Heckys back. That’s why there was no replacement ready because we thought Ndiaye was staying. I can say this info was from Paul Mitchell seeing as though he’s not here anymore so won’t affect his job - not going to be like other “ITK’ers” and not give a source. Sander shouldn’t be booed nevertheless, always been a fan of his even though he divides our fanbase.

I wish he still played for us.
Makes it look easy, mind you, we probably helped with that....

Well that went about as well as could be expected. Always been a quality player

JJ, Ndiaye didn’t string us along, he was all but signed a new contract but the Prince was still doing a deal behind Heckys back. That’s why there was no replacement ready because we thought Ndiaye was staying. I can say this info was from Paul Mitchell seeing as though he’s not here anymore so won’t affect his job - not going to be like other “ITK’ers” and not give a source. Sander shouldn’t be booed nevertheless, always been a fan of his even though he divides our fanbase.

On this basis then we have to assume that the Prince was lying to us when he said that he was crying when Ndiaye left fhe club... he didn't want him to leave and did everythinf that he cpuld to make him stay. He was so upset when he chose to join Marseille.

On this basis then we have to assume that the Prince was lying to us when he said that he was crying when Ndiaye left fhe club... he didn't want him to leave and did everythinf that he cpuld to make him stay. He was so upset when he chose to join Marseille.
I think the Prince has no issue with lying mate, wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

He would have been crying alright. Crying with joy from all that lovely money Marseille gave him.

Amazing to think that a player who we know is as soft as shite, who doesnt like it when he's pressed and kicked, was allowed the freedom of Bramall Lane this afternoon.

The old Wilder would have told Arblaster to kick him up in the air in the first minute, with Souza to level him in the 2nd.

The amount of space we gave him was ludicrous.

And for the record, I was one of the ones who booed him. I'd had two Peronis on an empty stomach and it was funny, so i joined in. So there.

Berge was the best footballer on the pitch today. Gave the ball away once in 90 minutes. Bodied Mcburnie off it twice and beat him in the air twice. Each to their own but I was disappointed to hear the booing by the neanderthals. The club got rid of him and he's been a big miss. Hamer was a bit better today but not on Berge’s level.

Back
Top Bottom