U21s vs Swansea tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Peck looks good. Not seen him before, but I thought he was supposed to be small and weak? Looked quite powerful to me there, if I'm identifying him accurately. Couple of strong runs
I think we'll see a first team midfield of Peck, Arblaster and Brooks sooner or later. Individually they are very good. I think there's some scope of improvement of them as a trio. Difficult to say what they should do better, but you see some teams in the PL just exploit space and play through pressure, open up time and space for themselves through neat passes and movement. That's the challenge for the management and coaching staff. These lads have the attributes to play like a Brighton midfield, but I feel they need some guidance when it comes to movement and passing patterns.

I think we'll see a first team midfield of Peck, Arblaster and Brooks sooner or later. Individually they are very good. I think there's some scope of improvement of them as a trio. Difficult to say what they should do better, but you see some teams in the PL just exploit space and play through pressure, open up time and space for themselves through neat passes and movement. That's the challenge for the management and coaching staff. These lads have the attributes to play like a Brighton midfield, but I feel they need some guidance when it comes to movement and passing patterns.
Do you think Peck can play a RCM role at first team level potentially?

That would be a real blessing if he could, to have that option of a balanced trio in addition to just the individual quality

Enjoyed that game tonight. Strong team which looked to powerful for Swansea from the start. Arblaster is a player, along with Peck. Defence looked solid too. Impressed with the No 6 Easton.. Simple ball and strong tackling through out. All in all a Comfortable victory. Look forward to the draw for the quarter finals!.

Gives you some hope watching these. Peck, Blaster, Brooks, Curtis
And there are a few more waiting in the wings.
Reminds me of the early 60s when we had nearly a full team come through the youths.Archie Clarke had the midas touch it was a great time for blades youth system.Still a lot to do to make it these days ! Looking good though.

I hope we don't waste time getting them on the pitch together in that case then if they're a natural trio. Very rare to have this

Is Peck well under contract?
We signed Peck in the summer of 2021 on a "long term contract". That probably puts him on a deal to this summer with an option for next season.

Standard United 🙂

Decent watch,young Tisdale looked decent and Evan Easton always impresses..some decent talent we've got coming through and great to see.

And there are a few more waiting in the wings.
Reminds me of the early 60s when we had nearly a full team come through the youths.Archie Clarke had the midas touch it was a great time for blades youth system.Still a lot to do to make it these days ! Looking good though.
I will start the 1964-65 thread this summer. It will include match reports and photos. That was the season when some of the experienced players last played for us and Harris wasn't afraid of giving youth players a chance to play regularly in the 1st team .

I will start the 1964-65 thread this summer. It will include match reports and photos. That was the season when some of the experienced players last played for us and Harris wasn't afraid of giving youth players a chance to play regularly in the 1st team .
Yes remember Len,Bernard Shaw & Woody coming into the side,although not as successful under different Management the back end of the 70's with Keith,Stainrod,Kenworthy,Hamson..Still talented but we were on the slide at the time..always great to see home grown players coming through though.

Yes remember Len,Bernard Shaw & Woody coming into the side,although not as successful under different Management the back end of the 70's with Keith,Stainrod,Kenworthy,Hamson..Still talented but we were on the slide at the time..always great to see home grown players coming through though.
To have home grown players coming through seems to be more important to us than other clubs.

The way we got behind the youth team in 2011 with a huge away following at Old Trafford. When you consider we were relegated that season it appears more impressive.

Not forgetting the only one to play for England…Mick Jones

I think Blaster on the right with Peck in the middle might have more balance as Peck is seriously good with time and space to dictate the game. But fuck it it’s just a joy to watch the three of them play together at times

Question for anyone who has watched the U21s consistently.

From listening to PA's chat with the Sheff United Way last year one of the things he mentioned when asked about players contracts ending was that we need to consider what talent we have coming through the academy (amongst other things said)

Considering what we are seeing from the kids, do you think we have enough potential talent in these teams to soften the blow of some of the players we will be losing at the end of the season?

Was Macedo no.16? Everytime i've seen him he looks great, he has great technical ability. has feet like illiman.

Only saw the highlights but Brooks fantastic, Arblaster fantastic, Peck fantastic, Osula fantastic.

Peck looks good. Not seen him before, but I thought he was supposed to be small and weak? Looked quite powerful to me there, if I'm identifying him accurately. Couple of strong runs
Peck has grown about a foot taller and filled out considerably in the last 12 months. Bit of a unit now for someone who's so skillful.

Question for anyone who has watched the U21s consistently.

From listening to PA's chat with the Sheff United Way last year one of the things he mentioned when asked about players contracts ending was that we need to consider what talent we have coming through the academy (amongst other things said)

Considering what we are seeing from the kids, do you think we have enough potential talent in these teams to soften the blow of some of the players we will be losing at the end of the season?
To be honest, we would only need to renew about 5 contracts for next season out of the current expiring players, with what free agents/cheap transfer that may be available to sign in the summer (with chamionship quality, probably another x4/5). Then to add in the u21s that should/are good enough to step up and make up the first team squad and we should be in a better position than we are now, could be 4 or 5 in the match day squad regular next season.

All without really using a transfer budget, its definitely doable and with some of the u21s we got, we should have decent depth in the squad which would make it quicker and more athletic than we currently have coupled with plenty of experience. We could have a really strong and exciting young squad next season, IF we target the right players and right positions and do business early enough.

Was Macedo no.16? Everytime i've seen him he looks great, he has great technical ability. has feet like illiman.

Only saw the highlights but Brooks fantastic, Arblaster fantastic, Peck fantastic, Osula fantastic.
Yes Machedo was number 16 I was very impressed with him against Blackburn where he showed a really good touch and strength when marked tight and an instinctive feeling for where the space is and how to turn into that space. Not sure he’ll be in the frame for the first team quite yet but he’s very fun to watch for the 21’s

If we are to give these young midfield players opportunities next season then we need to concentrate our transfer efforts on signing a couple of real leaders to play behind them, players with bags of experience and big voices.

Back
Top Bottom