CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Played for U21s apparently last night.
He played 60mins before being replaced. Expect he'll be in the PL Matchday squad soon

Anybody watch it, or know how he played?
We were there last night, he did alright nothing fancy, guess it was more of a fitness exercise. Doubt he will be involved sunday though until his fitness gets stronger, wilder and his crew were also in attendance.

You may want to consider retaining Osborn for his utility value? Injuries and discipline will be greater in a championship season!

A lot depends on our financial status next season, and what money we have, (if any) to spend.
Osborne showed what he brings to the squad with the win at Luton .Arguably our best player along with Souza ,he brought energy and kept Barclay out of the game for long periods and set up our third goal . Will play in most positions and gives 100% . Always handy having a player like him on the bench who covers so many positions .

He played 60mins before being replaced. Expect he'll be in the PL Matchday squad soon

I’d be surprised if he’s in a matchday squad before the rumoured new deal is announced. We’ve got a track record of playing hardball with youth players on expiring deals. Although maybe we’d find that a harder stance to take now given the amount of players playing on expiring deals.

Would be suicide to do this.

He cannot play until he signs a contract.

I’d be surprised if he’s in a matchday squad before the rumoured new deal is announced. We’ve got a track record of playing hardball with youth players on expiring deals. Although maybe we’d find that a harder stance to take now given the amount of players playing on expiring deals.
As I understand it to the start of this season only Ndiaye has not played ball and not done exactly what the club wanted when renewing. Everyone else caved or left.

Osborne showed what he brings to the squad with the win at Luton .Arguably our best player along with Souza ,he brought energy and kept Barclay out of the game for long periods and set up our third goal . Will play in most positions and gives 100% . Always handy having a player like him on the bench who covers so many positions .
Do we need a rebrand for Ozzy into the Ji Sung Park role? Someone who can chase all day and stick on their playmaker and mark them out of the game.

From the interview with PA that people are quoting, we tried to get Illi to sign a new contract at the end of his debut season.

Unless you are suggesting we get an unproven talent to sign a new contract within the first few months of his initial contract, I'm not sure what else the club could have done.
If you’re happy that the club did all they could then fair enough. I disagree.

Genuine question.

Without the benefit oh hindsight, what didn’t the club do or what should the club have done?
We don’t know what he was offered and when he was offered it. To answer your question I’d need that information.

We don’t know what he was offered and when he was offered it. To answer your question I’d need that information.
To be fair your assertion is that we didn’t do enough to keep him without that information…

I’d argue given we filmed a signing video the contract itself, and the what we offered, was acceptable? I’ve a vague recollection of PA claiming it was making him easily the highest paid player?

Circumstances fucked us. Just don’t see we were negligent, nor was N’diayes move financially driven.

As I understand it to the start of this season only Ndiaye has not played ball and not done exactly what the club wanted when renewing. Everyone else caved or left.
Jebbo may or may not be in that situation at present depending on whether he is injured still

To be fair your assertion is that we didn’t do enough to keep him without that information…

I’d argue given we filmed a signing video the contract itself, and the what we offered, was acceptable? I’ve a vague recollection of PA claiming it was making him easily the highest paid player?

Circumstances fucked us. Just don’t see we were negligent, nor was N’diayes move financially driven.
If he didn’t sign the contract then I’d argue we didn’t do enough!

If he was replaceable I wouldn’t be arsed, but we aren’t likely to see a talent like his for a long time.

Not sure of his dad, but his paternal grandfather, Brian was a GK on United's books in the 1960s
I remember my dad taking me to watch the dingles when I was young,he was from wazzack land. Brian Arblaster played for Barnsley I’m sure as the keeper,you could walk all round the ground at that time,the smell of embrocation from the tunnel made me high,still like it !

Very well put! Awful lot of this over the last few years. People taking things out of context and using it as an excuse to be angry/upset/stick to beat the club with. Happened loads with that Yusuf interview people kept taking out of context.

I also think people don't realise how much of contract negotiation is done in the shadows. IE We go to Illi's agent and say we are interested in starting contract negotiations and his agent says "he's not interested right now". Doesn't mean the club isn't trying to get contracts sorted, it's just the other team isn't interested.
This wasn't taken out of context though it was exactly what he said and exactly how he meant it.

I think if they had said 1 year - Illy 200k a week - 10 million for the year. He'd have stayed- Its always about THE MONEY.

Let Berge go no problem - but the deal to keep Illy should have made him sign- the deal didn't so it wasn't good enough.

Arblaster to Liverpool linked today

So we loaned out our best product without a new contract. hopefully gets sorted.

Last edited:
He was absolutely set on staying but PA insisted he was gone at the last minute. Exactly the same with Berge
Staying for the season then leaving on a free? Abdullah was protecting the club financially pocketing over £30m for the two of them given there's no guarantee they'd have made a significant difference on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom