New keeper is shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've not been just watched highlights, cudnt do anything with the first x4 Brighton goals, he be disappointed with Welbecks I'd guess tho... Brighton are a top team + we had other chances... UTB..

Yes. He can pass out and distribute the ball, without needing two minutes to think about it and 5 touches.
I thought his distribution looked pretty poor and he looked quite clumsy to be honest, kicked a couple straight to their players in our half

I don't think I've seen a fanbase as quick to jump on new players as quicky as we do.
It’s hardly the whole fanbase. Just a few whose opinions are easy to ignore.

If I was a premature ejaculator, which a few posters very clearly are. I think I’d keep it fairly quiet. But these clowns seem to enjoy drawing as much attention as possible to it.

Bad form of Wilder that. Threw the keeper in at the deep when he has been here two minutes.
Totally agree,
he had his medical on Thursday night in Manchester, came over to meet team mates and do media work etc on Friday. Yawned throughout his interview on Friday and was thrown in at the deep end on saturday with no training for a week and barely a hello to his new teammates who have now possibly no confidence in him. Hardly the ideal preparation.

Well,our plastic seat based ex professional footballers with oodles of football knowledge in their “brains “ didn’t take long to bin the newbie !
I’ll see you in Longley park tomorrow when you’re clearing the dogshit off the pitch before the match. Oh and sorry to tell you,you aren’t even on the subs bench. Pond life.

Not the finest goalkeeping debut and on that performance not a big improvement on Wes (that’s being kind)

Really hope he improves/ finds some confidence

Not a great debut ... reminds me a bit of Robin Olsen. He should have saved the 5th, can't really blame him for the others, a world class keeper might save the two shots from out side the box but they were good strikes.

He also seemed to be rooted to his line for crosses and pretty poor with the ball at his feet. Wes should play Tuesday imo
He also seemed to be rooted to his line - Noticed that in his Toutube video

Although I will be giving him time to settle in and get to know his defence there were certain aspects to his game that certainly have me concerned. It’s not just about the goals of which the only one he should have stopped, was the last one. Let’s give him 5-10 games before we start getting hysterical. I actually thought that he was better with his feet than Wes, despite a couple of wayward passes. He doesn’t seem to mind receiving the ball which is a start

All I will say is I’m worried.

6 shots on target 5 goals isn’t a great start.

He doesn’t seem to be able to kick it past the half way line.

Shite debut but he's probably gonna need a run of games to be of any use. We've invested money, now we need to invest time

Unless we sign a superior GK this week then he can just sit on the bench.....

2 penalties, 2 great strikes and one where he could have done better….FFS😩
What would you have rated his performance out of 10?

Look I want him to do amazing. I’m not moaning we conceded penalties. He just didn’t look good today and no one can say he did.

I won't judge him after one match although I did realise in dread that Ramsdale was a dud in his first game after resigning from Bournemouth. Wolves 0.2.

He got announced yesterday. He's had no training session with us, no coaching from us, little idea on how we play and not played first team football for a long time. First goal was a belter of a top bins following poor defending. Two penalties from a very experienced taker. 4th goal was a well placed shot with his vision hindered by the players in front of him. Give the lad some bloody time mate. To call him shit straight away is nonsense.
100% agree but those are all reasons why he shouldnt have been playing at all. Won’t be chucking him under the bus myself but the decision to play him has to be questioned.

Psychologically this could be damaging for him, especially when fans will now start questioning his ability. Nothing to gain from starting him against a team like Brighton if you ask me.

Chris not happy that other 3 haven't signed new contracts

Wes was the first senior player we tried to tie down during the early part of the season.

He acted all Billy Big Bollocks and demanded massive wages.

He's made his bed as far as I'm concerned.

Thrown into the deep end with our kamikaze of a defense.
Don't know how many mistakes he made personally has I didn't go to the game today but Wes costs us at least a goal a game.
Post match interview with Wilder indicates he will be taking over the number one position.

I’m surprised he played, to be honest, I’d have rather have seen Ammisah given a chance.

It was hardly ideal preparation for Grbic, to be thrown straight into a game with probably only one training session and having just arrived in the country. In hindsight, it’s not a debut that will have done his confidence any favours.

Amissah has impressed me when I have seen him, sure he could do a very good job if all he has to do is sit on the bench

Watched Amissah warming up pre-match and he pulled off some good saves.

Wilder has come out and said he owns this one. Throwing Ivo in to this match but its clear he has zero confidence in Wes as he wanted to give Ivo some football before Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom