Has Hecky got what it takes? - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Hecky stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 254 49.5%
  • Go

Votes: 155 30.2%
  • One last chance at BL against Man United

Votes: 104 20.3%

• Total voters

You could also say how many who think he should go are deluded. It works both ways
Yes but we are one of the worst performing sides in Europe. Not just on results but on performances?

So to those who say it works both ways, there’s some huge red flags being ignored with no explanation.

I voted to stick with him (for now). That doesn’t make me deluded, but realistic.

After Arsenal (10 games) we’ll have played 4 of the big 6, another 2 currently in Europe alongside established Prem teams like Palace and Everton.

If we’d played Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves, Everton, Brentford say in that first ten and were still on one point then yep it’s panic stations.

As it stands we’ve played 1 of them so far.
So no matter what you was happy to lose the first 10 games in a row. So I bet you’ll be over the moon if we have 1 point.

Our performances are what should be the key indicators right now not results. Both are horrific.

And rightly so. Teams like Luton are picking up wins.

No one expects us to win 10/10 but we expect effort. The players have no fight in them that’s everyone’s issue.

Yes we can lose 6-0 to City that’s fine. But at least run around and be difficult to play against and have an identity.

Watch Luton they will undoubtedly be the poorer team week in week out but they’ll have ago and have a style and identity.

We don’t have anything currently.

A new manager to regroup the players and get them at least trying.

'Teams like Luton are picking up wins'.

They have won ONE game. Why do you lie in order to emphasise your dislike for Hecky?

Depends on your definition of "what it takes".

If what it takes is 11 fit Premier League quality players, then no.

I think so - accepting we will lose some of the better players- but now under longer contracts so we will get more money, and have more money to spend. We've not invested heavily over the summer, for better or worse, so we've cleared the debt and should hopefully have some left over. Crowds are as high as they've ever been, the stadium is in good nick, the academy is functioning well.
I can't see any premier league clubs being interested in any of our players.

I'd go for an interim manager if and when we do. It will be nigh on impossible to avoid relegation, so the new man will be incredibly tainted by the start of next season.

For that reason, I wouldn't rule out someone like (shudder) Warnock.
Neither would I rule him out,desperate situations require equally desperate measures,even though it's only after 10 games but it looks ominous,I.M.H.O.He may not go for it,so it's all hypothetical.

To leave it as is would be borderline negligence from the board. The performances we’ve seen so far this season wont be anywhere near good enough to win games in this league. It’s too late to bring in new players, so the only possible change in fortunes would be by changing the manager and the way we play/train. Not doing so is accepting relegation with an embarrassing points total. I’ll look for something else to do with my weekends for the rest of the season, if the club have decided to give up.

Bladez
Can you tell us how a new manager could keep us up with no money and a long injury list? and be better than Hecky.
The injury list is one of the bones of contention. It follows Hecky around like a bad smell.

Bladez
Can you tell us how a new manager could keep us up with no money and a long injury list? and be better than Hecky.
I don't know about keep us up but Warnock was always a better manager without money than with.l do think he'd make a fist of it ,if it ever happened.

Certainly 1 point from 30 must have been people's worst nightmare in terms of starts.

The 1 point from a possible 30 is a red herring, in the circumstances and teams we've played it's not the disaster it seems.
Also when we've lost, apart from Newcastle, the results suggest we are competitive losing by 1 goal.

However the reality of the situation is the performances.
Every single game, it reminds me of Nigel Clough league 1 side playing a PL side in the FA cup.
People say we could have drawn against Man City and beat Spurs
but both teams had about 30 (yes thirty shots against us). We hardly got in their half never mind had an attack.
Play those 2 teams agains using the same tactics and we lose 99 out of 100.

Think even the likes of Rotherham, Bradford or even Wrexham would give them a better game.

We lost 0-8 to Newcastle, find it incredible that our fan say, yes but they are a great side.
We've played far greater tams in the past and beat them. Even an average league 1 side wouldn't lose 0-8 to Newcastle.
The performance was disgusting and embarrassing, with luck Newcastle could have won 10 or 11-0.

My issue isn't about losing and failing to stay up.
It's the fact we are so far below PL standard that this teams would struggle in the Championship.
We lack tactics apart from put everybody in defence as a form of damage limitation. Ironically the Newcastle match is the most positive start we've had
and we were unlucky 1st half, however 2nd half we packed in with no effort or organisation.
Felt so disappointed that Hecky shrugged his shoulders, saying how good the opposition were.

The crumb of comfort for Hecky is that the Prince is generally loyal to his managers.
Also if he's just about the sell up then it wouldn't make sense for him to splash the cash paying off contracts appointing new people.
Also how if the Prince hoping to appoint a new manager when he says, really want you in the job but I'm hoping to be gone in 6 months.
Then when the new owners arrive they are likely to want to sack you.

So don't think we'll show ambition or start again.
The only option might be Chris Wilder for 8 months obligating to work with McCall and Lester.
People say we need a miracle to stay up....WIlder has proven and shown us he can perform the biggest miracle we've seen by any United manager.
Very view mangers in English football have taken a team bottom of league 1 to 6th in the Premier League battling it out for a Champions League spot.

It would keep the expense down but would Wilder accept a temp low paid contract with a massive staying up bonus? Maybe yes, maybe no.
If we can't get Willder and it would only be for the short term until we're taken over...then by default we might end up keeping Hecky.

One has just managed Chelsea, one has managed Southampton.
I would be seriously worried if we couldn't afford Hassenhuttl.

The factor that no one seems to realise is we're on the verge of having new owners.

When the Prince tries to appoint a new manager, it's like a manager Heckingbottom managing to persuade a player to come and join him at Bramall Lane.
He tells the player we have big plans for you and tells him the tactics that he'll use the get the best out of him.
Then the players agent says....you might like Hecky but you do realise he'll be gone next month, so they'll have a new manager.

We are in the same situation regarding owners.

Logic suggest the Prince will have zero interest in our long term future, he's only bothered about this season and paying out as little as possible.
Would think the Prince will be looking for bring in someone currently on the scrap heap who is so desperate they are willing to accept a 8 month contract.

This would be a positive for any new owner because when they arrive they can bring in their own manager and don't need to pay out compensation.

'Teams like Luton are picking up wins'.

They have won ONE game. Why do you lie in order to emphasise your dislike for Hecky?
You prove my point then say it’s wrong? Don’t know what to say to this!

Bloke has 12 players missing and has pretty much not upgraded and just replaced what he lost, arguably not quite to the level given Ndiaye's match winning ability.

After these next two we have some fixtures I would hope to pick up points in.

If games vs Man U and Arsenal are going to tip you for and against then you've already made up your mind! Anything from either of these two would be a godsend.

The fixtures have been shit and the writing off of the first two games has proved calamitous for our points total.

I would see some opportunities before year end to get some points on the board. It just depends if the others remain in such a quagmire or whether us getting going will be too late.

Just depends what shape the squad can be in at that stage. Certainly 1 point from 30 must have been people's worst nightmare in terms of starts.
Wasn’t Fulham also a get something game ?

I like Hecky, and I get the stay votes. Tbh if I genuinely believed he was a great manager I'd be happy to keep him no matter the points this year, as part of our broader plan.

I just don't think he is, it's as much for that reason, rather than the pure points total that I think he should go. I think we'll go down this year regardless though.

The 1 point from a possible 30 is a red herring, in the circumstances and teams we've played it's not the disaster it seems.
Also when we've lost, apart from Newcastle, the results suggest we are competitive losing by 1 goal.

However the reality of the situation is the performances.
Every single game, it reminds me of Nigel Clough league 1 side playing a PL side in the FA cup.
People say we could have drawn against Man City and beat Spurs
but both teams had about 30 (yes thirty shots against us). We hardly got in their half never mind had an attack.
Play those 2 teams agains using the same tactics and we lose 99 out of 100.

Think even the likes of Rotherham, Bradford or even Wrexham would give them a better game.

We lost 0-8 to Newcastle, find it incredible that our fan say, yes but they are a great side.
We've played far greater tams in the past and beat them. Even an average league 1 side wouldn't lose 0-8 to Newcastle.
The performance was disgusting and embarrassing, with luck Newcastle could have won 10 or 11-0.

My issue isn't about losing and failing to stay up.
It's the fact we are so far below PL standard that this teams would struggle in the Championship.
We lack tactics apart from put everybody in defence as a form of damage limitation. Ironically the Newcastle match is the most positive start we've had
and we were unlucky 1st half, however 2nd half we packed in with no effort or organisation.
Felt so disappointed that Hecky shrugged his shoulders, saying how good the opposition were.

The crumb of comfort for Hecky is that the Prince is generally loyal to his managers.
Also if he's just about the sell up then it wouldn't make sense for him to splash the cash paying off contracts appointing new people.
Also how if the Prince hoping to appoint a new manager when he says, really want you in the job but I'm hoping to be gone in 6 months.
Then when the new owners arrive they are likely to want to sack you.

So don't think we'll show ambition or start again.
The only option might be Chris Wilder for 8 months obligating to work with McCall and Lester.
People say we need a miracle to stay up....WIlder has proven and shown us he can perform the biggest miracle we've seen by any United manager.
Very view mangers in English football have taken a team bottom of league 1 to 6th in the Premier League battling it out for a Champions League spot.

It would keep the expense down but would Wilder accept a temp low paid contract with a massive staying up bonus? Maybe yes, maybe no.
If we can't get Willder and it would only be for the short term until we're taken over...then by default we might end up keeping Hecky.
What tactics / team formation etc would you deploy, taking into account our injuries and quality of personnel ?

Genuinely interested

What tactics / team formation etc would you deploy, taking into account our injuries and quality of personnel ?

Genuinely interested
Firstly a manager that doesn’t injure every single player would be a big bonus.

His injury record at his other clubs was always the same too

Davies got a 4/5 month injury due to shooting practice ffs
Is it true JL puts sand in the balls for shooting practice 😜

Davies got a 4/5 month injury due to shooting practice ffs
Is it true JL puts sand in the balls for shooting practice 😜
No idea what it is but something is seriously wrong. I wouldn’t sign a new deal with this club. I bet the players are over the moon a few days without training to avoid injuries.

So no matter what you was happy to lose the first 10 games in a row. So I bet you’ll be over the moon if we have 1 point.

Our performances are what should be the key indicators right now not results. Both are horrific.
Fulham ( who were shite but not as shite as us ) should be on that list

Fulham ( who were shite but not as shite as us ) should be on that list
There’s no point we injury every player. We make an excuse that it’s something.

We lose every game. There’s an excuse.

Players aren’t signing new deals. There’s an excuse.

But if you mention these you’re wrong!

I would love to know where the 50% who voted for hecky get there hard drugs from

The fact we didn’t sack him at 5pm after the Fulham game makes me think he won’t be sacked

It’s truly pathetic from the club and shows how happy they are with relegation

What was the point of promotion other than the Prince now back to not having to sell the club until the parachute money runs out again

'His injury record at his other clubs was always the same too'....

Please give us more details of his injury record sustained at : -

Barnsley 2016 - 2018 (which included a promotion and Wembley trophy win)
Leeds United 4 months in 2018
Hibernian 2019.

'His injury record at his other clubs was always the same too'....

Please give us more details of his injury record sustained at : -

Barnsley 2016 - 2018 (which included a promotion and Wembley trophy win)
Leeds United 4 months in 2018
Hibernian 2019.

Don’t worry there was a thread a year ago pointing this out.

You state the obvious very well in the first paragraph. You seem very certain about it do you have more information on it than most ?
If most on here have not run a business then, yes.
I suspect however that several have and many who haven’t would come to the same conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom