Can't believe it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't believe it 20.30 on the Monday after the pathetic performance at Fulham and no news yet that Heckingbottom has been sacked , if he isn't sacked after Saturday's humiliation then
we have no hope
If you are not doing your job properly is it your boss who gets sacked ? I suspect not.
I don’t see what he can do with the remains of this squad. It’s the players who need to up their game.

Can't believe it 20.30 on the Monday after the pathetic performance at Fulham and no news yet that Heckingbottom has been sacked , if he isn't sacked after Saturday's humiliation then
we have no hope
Me neither

If you are not doing your job properly is it your boss who gets sacked ? I suspect not.
I don’t see what he can do with the remains of this squad. It’s the players who need to up their game.

Actually the players AND the management both need to up their games...immeasurably.

Both are underachieving badly atm. It's not really good enough all told.

There’s a cracking edition of The Pinch today by Sam Parry you should give it a read

I am not saying that this can go on indefinitely but why can some not believe that he hasn't been sacked, when the CEO has gone on record at least twice recently to say that he wouldn't be regardless of results?

One of our hit and miss ITKers claimed it would be done and dusted on Sunday, which came and went. Now would be a good time to do it, if they were going to, but it doesn't appear that they are inclined to at the moment.

we have no hope

Superb post. Bravo Mon ami. Love you. Xxxx

we have no hope
Hmmm. Just 8 posts in 3 years, over half calling for managers heads and the rest saying how crap we are. There's a bit of a whiff about you if you don't mind me saying so.

I am not saying that this can go on indefinitely but why can some not believe that he hasn't been sacked, when the CEO has gone on record at least twice recently to say that he wouldn't be regardless of results?

One of our hit and miss ITKers claimed it would be done and dusted on Sunday, which came and went. Now would be a good time to do it, if they were going to, but it doesn't appear that they are inclined to at the moment.

A competent owner plans ahead, so we shouldn't just sack Hecky....then think....shit.....what do we do now?

A competent owner will already be sounding out a replacement, and already negotiating the contract.
Would imagine the Prince will be asking the new man if he'll work with Stuart McCall as his assistant and Jack Lester on the coaching side.
If the Prince is planning to sell, then it probably makes sense to do what happened when we brought Blackwell in for Robson.

Cheap option until the end of the season and there's only Wilder who is decent who might take it.
If Wilder says no or insists on a longer contract then we might just keep Hecky.

Also it depends how close we are to a sale of the club.
The new owners might want us not to commit to anyone on a long term contract.
They might prefer a struggling Hecky, then they will feel justified sacking him and bringing in their own man with fresh ambition and a new exciting start.

Is it not just a case that everyone else in this league has more money and better players.

No. No it's not.

I agree that the vast majority (maybe with the exception of one or two) of clubs in the PL have more money and better players than United. That's a given. But no, that's not the sole reason why we have shit a brick this season and underperformed so badly and had the biggest margin of defeat in a league match on our 134 year history inflicted on us. If it was there would be no point in having league tables and we can forget the whole thing.

Just because you aren't as good as something doesn't stop you trying to working harder as a team or the management employing tactics that work to our strengths to try and even it up a bit and give us a fighting chance. But none of that has been done so far and basic errors keep happening match after match. So stop trying to give United an easy excuse. Collectively they have been piss poor this season, players and management ( and the owner if want too) and they need to buck their ideas up quickly. People can accept defeats, what they dislike intensely is a lack of leadership, heart and playing with their heads, when they need to dig in. Not seen much of that from our boys this season.

Last edited:

Yep think most missed that one.

A competent owner plans ahead, so we shouldn't just sack Hecky....then think....shit.....what do we do now?

A competent owner will already be sounding out a replacement, and already negotiating the contract.
Would imagine the Prince will be asking the new man if he'll work with Stuart McCall as his assistant and Jack Lester on the coaching side.
If the Prince is planning to sell, then it probably makes sense to do what happened when we brought Blackwell in for Robson.

Cheap option until the end of the season and there's only Wilder who is decent who might take it.
If Wilder says no or insists on a longer contract then we might just keep Hecky.

Also it depends how close we are to a sale of the club.
The new owners might want us not to commit to anyone on a long term contract.
They might prefer a struggling Hecky, then they will feel justified sacking him and bringing in their own man with fresh ambition and a new exciting start.
Competent owner - in that case he will be sacked by text and we will have a replacement in by Feb 1st , when we re hire Hecky

We wasted the whole summer, why the hell would we think anything of wasting this international break

Basham's injury has saved him hasn't it. Which is ridiculous

Just a thought. If the perceived delay in replacing the management team is because we're close to the sale of the club and the new owners want to bring in their own personnel, who's it going to be and how's it going to happen?

Surely it's the same position as we're in currently - no decent options available without throwing unimaginable amounts of cash around to break existing contracts etc? Are we so nieve to think that just throwing money at a new management team is going to solve the problems?

Unless the club is capable of installing a manager, that's proven top 6 quality, we're off to a non-starter IMO. We'll still have the same playing staff, so it's going to take someone very special to get them playing well enough, for the rest of the season, to effect meaningful change that results in us staying up.

Which brings me back to my initial query. Who's good enough to get us going, but doesn't already have a dream job?

Just a thought. If the perceived delay in replacing the management team is because we're close to the sale of the club and the new owners want to bring in their own personnel, who's it going to be and how's it going to happen?

Surely it's the same position as we're in currently - no decent options available without throwing unimaginable amounts of cash around to break existing contracts etc? Are we so nieve to think that just throwing money at a new management team is going to solve the problems?

Unless the club is capable of installing a manager, that's proven top 6 quality, we're off to a non-starter IMO. We'll still have the same playing staff, so it's going to take someone very special to get them playing well enough, for the rest of the season, to effect meaningful change that results in us staying up.

Which brings me back to my initial query. Who's good enough to get us going, but doesn't already have a dream job?
Potter ?

Yesterday the sufc app sent a notification about a retro kit but before I saw the text I was pretty sure it was going to be the sacking announcement.

Wilder is in the US currently though...

Feels like it could be an improvement, sure, but enough of an improvement? I'm not sure. Instead of Win % stats, lets look at Career loss % stats for a handful of managers.

Name
Career Loss %
NameCareer Loss %
Hecky36%Benitez27%
Potter30%Rooney46%
Blessin37%Postecoglou26%
Pep12%Monty29%
Warcock33%Pulis34%
Wilder33%Darren Moore27%
Marco Silva29%Rob Edwards32%
Ten Hag20%Emery25%
Dean Smith36%Kompany19%
Howe35%Klopp22%
Jokanovic27%Nigel Clough39%
Bielsa29%Farke30%

Pretty enlightening. IF there's going to be a change, I'd say we need to be looking at managerial candidates that have career loss %'s lower than 30% to stand a chance of significantly turning things around.

No. No it's not.

I agree that the vast majority (maybe with the exception of one or two) of clubs in the PL have more money and better players than United. That's a given. But no, that's not the sole reason why we have shit a brick this season and underperformed so badly and had the biggest margin of defeat in a league match on our 134 year history inflicted on us. If it was there would be no point in having league tables and we can forget the whole thing.

Just because you aren't as good as something doesn't stop you trying to working harder as a team or the management employing tactics that work to our strengths to try and even it up a bit and give us a fighting chance. But none of that has been done so far and basic errors keep happening match after match. So stop trying to give United an easy excuse. Collectively they have been piss poor this season, players and management ( and the owner if want too) and they need to buck their ideas up quickly. People can accept defeats, what they dislike intensely is a lack of leadership, heart and playing with their heads, when they need to dig in. Not seen much of that from our boys this season.
Now asking the question if Bashams injury will inspire his team mates to kick -start the season,how does that work?Maybe a kick-start up a few arses might work.

Now asking the question if Bashams injury will inspire his team mates to kick -start the season,how does that work?Maybe a kick-start up a few arses might work.

A kick up the arse for a few would be were I would begin if I was the manager. That and some time serious time spent with the players at Shirecliffe giving them a some coaching work on how to stay compact as a unit and how we are to try and hit the front men earlier than we have been doing. Chucking in a bit of ball retention work wouldn't go amiss either. Id also have some of the more senior lads in my office to ask them their thoughts on formation and tactics etc and what they think we could improve as well as asking them to open their mouths occasionally and speak to each other on the park as they are like a lot of limited lost mice most of the time. They should show some leadership too, it's not all on PH to show this and they (players) are currently abdicating responsibilities. Hence a kick up the arse is probably needed.

A kick up the arse for a few would be were I would begin if I was the manager. That and some time serious time spent with the players at Shirecliffe giving them a some coaching work on how to stay compact as a unit and how we are to try and hit the front men earlier than we have been doing. Chucking in a bit of ball retention work wouldn't go amiss either. Id also have some of the more senior lads in my office to ask them their thoughts on formation and tactics etc and what they think we could improve as well as asking them to open their mouths occasionally and speak to each other on the park as they are like a lot of limited lost mice most of the time. They should show some leadership too, it's not all on PH to show this and they (players) are currently abdicating responsibilities. Hence a kick up the arse is probably needed.
I can't get this "let's win it for Maddie,Chris whoever",do we really need a tragedy or an accident to start shaping up? If we need inspiration from such awful things,we really are in the💩💩💩

Back
Top Bottom