Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters

But they were both relatively unknown managerial appointments. I think most of our fanbase would lose their shit if we appointed someone like that at this stage.
We'll be looking for a manager that has PL experience, or at least Championship. Probably British
So you mean Wilder?

I like Hecky a lot. He doesn’t deserve to be sacked yet, that’s why I’ve voted no… BUT, if we are looking for another manager can we please for the love of god, get someone who will make us play 4 at the back. Sick to fucking death of seeing it now, no good side play with 3 at the back anymore. We’re going down anyway can we just use this season to try and cement a new system ready for next year?
We conceded 5 with 4 at the back in one half 3 days ago!

IIRC Luton took 4 points off us last season. So there's no certainty especially in football that we will finish above them although I expect us too.
We spent a lot more than they did. We cannot have this level of talking our team down.

This isn’t at you personally, but we seem to have some level of defeatism. We are 6 games in we need to give it ago.

We conceded 5 with 4 at the back in one half 3 days ago!
True and I’d probably agree that we don’t have the players for 4 at the back currently. Doesn’t make what he said wrong. We do need to move away from 5 at the back if we are to move forward. For me it hasn’t really worked since we lost OConnell. It’s ultra negative now we no longer have overlapping CBs.

still awaiting the return of key players
without mcb we had no outlet
and without baldock we have little bite
but it was a dire display but hopefully a one off

other clubs have shipped 9 and stayed up despite doing that

man u got splatted for 7 last season but made europe

so we are going over the top a lot

True and I’d probably agree that we don’t have the players for 4 at the back currently. Doesn’t make what he said wrong. We do need to move away from 5 at the back if we are to move forward. For me it hasn’t really worked since we lost OConnell. It’s ultra negative now we no longer have overlapping CBs.
We got 90+ points last season with it?

still awaiting the return of key players
without mcb we had no outlet
and without baldock we have little bite
but it was a dire display but hopefully a one off

other cklubs have shipped 9 s and stayed up
man u got splatted for 7 last season but made europe

so we are going over the top a lot
It’s that we look totally clueless.

We will have 6 more injuries over 6 games and no style of play.

We faced similar ultra well-drilled, skillful, fast, athletic footballers first season up under Wilder.
Hecky's had a very tough summer but equally giving him a free pass doesn't really stack up.
That season we had a settled side, a system, and momentum. If Wilder'd had Billy and Fleck sold out from under him and been given a quarter of the transfer budget he actually got, how well would that have gone?

It’s that we look totally clueless.

We will have 6 more injuries over 6 games and no style of play.
we held man city back until injury time thanks to fodens mishit falling to roderi and had to get a ridiculous added on quarter of a hour to get beat at spurs , thats hardly being clueless
and forest got away with a shove on egan to beat us

that loss was unlike anything weve produced since gillingham away opening day

you cant be clueless and be worth a point in 3 games like that

due to the 2 twats walking out on us we were thrown a wobbly for the opening games
we were getting over it

we held man city back until injury time thanks to fodens mishit falling to roderi and had to get a ridiculous added on quarter of a hour to get beat at spurs , thats hardly being clueless
and forest got away with a shove on egan to beat us

that loss was unlike anything weve produced since gillingham away opening day

you cant be clueless and be worth a point in 3 games like that

due to the 2 twats walking out on us we were thrown a wobbly for the opening games
we were getting over it
We played like a FA Cup team. We sit in with 11 premier league players and try to frustrate. That will always be effective some what but very rarely works and very rarely gets wins.

It is basically a recipe for relegation. Over 38 games playing like we did will not get us points to stay up.

We played like a FA Cup team. We sit in with 11 premier league players and try to frustrate. That will always be effective some what but very rarely works and very rarely gets wins.

It is basically a recipe for relegation. Over 38 games playing like we did will not get us points to stay up.
and how do other teams play v man city dont talk shit of course we defend just now waiting for returning players and new players settling in
same at spurs

newcastle went to inter and defended deeper than we do , didnt have a shot until the 95th minute

real madrid got tore apart by man city trying to play football

Last edited:
We spent a lot more than they did. We cannot have this level of talking our team down.

This isn’t at you personally, but we seem to have some level of defeatism. We are 6 games in we need to give it ago.
It's not about how much money we've spent, it boils down to the players we have available, the quality of those players and whether or not they can step up to what has been asked of them. Up until Sunday we was competing, we know what happened but it still does not make us any better or more entitled to finish above certain teams.
As I pointed out earlier Luton did take 4 points off of us last season so there is no certainty that it won't happen again just because we "spent" more than them.
Going on that logic we won't win any matches this season other than the teams we've outspent, which is who other than Luton ?

It's not about how much money we've spent, it boils down to the players we have available, the quality of those players and whether or not they can step up to what has been asked of them. Up until Sunday we was competing, we know what happened but it still does not make us any better or more entitled to finish above certain teams.
As I pointed out earlier Luton did take 4 points off of us last season so there is no certainty that it won't happen again just because we "spent" more than them.
Going on that logic we won't win any matches this season other than the teams we've outspent, which is who other than Luton ?
I’ve seen some people talk down our team before but wow. Maybe I’m living in cloud cuckoo land but we have a lot more of a chance than you are saying of staying up.

Was
and how do other teams play v man city dont talk shit of course we defend just now waiting for returning players and new players settling in
same at spurs

newcastle went to inter and defended deeper than we do , didnt have a shot until the 95th minute

real madrid got tore apart by man city trying to play football
Was talking more in general.

When we went forward against City we looked very dangerous.

Was

Was talking more in general.

When we went forward against City we looked very dangerous.
if we look dangerous v city means we arent that clueless then ,, certainly missed mc burnie presence and Brewsters on the verge of rteturning
those 2 get going with archer be a diffferent ball game

I’ve seen some people talk down our team before but wow. Maybe I’m living in cloud cuckoo land but we have a lot more of a chance than you are saying of staying up.
Not talking the team down at all and I expect us to get over this wobble and genuinely stay up.
I pointed out that the team we spent more money than and also took 4 points off of us last season still has as much chance of repeating that feat as does any other team this season. There are no certainties in football and things need to go back the effort and commitment we showed in the first few games and we will be fine, just need to stop the basic silly mistakes and switching off at set pieces.

That season we had a settled side, a system, and momentum. If Wilder'd had Billy and Fleck sold out from under him and been given a quarter of the transfer budget he actually got, how well would that have gone?

Wilder spent £48m, Heckingbottom has spent £64m (figures taken from transfermrkt.com).

Yes Heckingbottom lost his best player and Berge, but let's not pretend he hasn't been given cash to replace them. Wilder also lost one of his most important players in Duffy, that meant he had to reshape the team.

Edit: Those figures should be Euros, but it makes no difference to the point.

Makes me laugh this-

You actually think the combined football knowledge/ know how of Hecky/ McCall and Lester is less than yourself-

Grow up- a change of management team is pointless- these 3 have excelled with the tools at their disposal.

Palace- Just came too early after trying to get around the conumdrum of losing Ndiaye
Forest- second half we were the best team- unlucky
Man City- Tactical set up - masterclass - agreed by all pundits - very unlucky not to get a point
Everton- McB should have got us all 3 points
Spurs- 2 minutes away from a win - nobody expected
Newcastle- the whole team play shit

The overall assessment is considering the team - better than expected.

Yes I think we will go down - but a change of manager and team is absolutely the last thing needed.

Thats because you aren’t very bright.

You see shaun you may think im not bright but it doesnt matter whether i am or i am not

But my footballing predictions seem to be coming true , they should call me Paul the octopus blade

I said mcburnie was a good player and was the only one chamioning him when everyone said he was useless

I said Hecky isnt good enough long before the weekend and it appears that is also coming true long before the sheep change there opinion

All this talk about hecky losing two of his best players in Ndiaye & Berge

The same happened to Wilder when he lost henderson & JOC

We massiveley downgraded then with JLT and Ramsdale ( at the time )

We have upgraded in Hamer and rcher is a decent striker to replace Ndiaye

Last edited:
You see shaun you may think im not bright but it doesnt matter whether i am or i am not

But my footballing predictions seem to be coming true , they should call me Paul the octopus blade

I said mcburnie was a good player and was the only one chamioning him when everyone said he was useless

I said Hecky isnt good enough long before the weekend and it appears that is also coming true long before the sheep change there opinion

It does matter.

No. Wilder isn’t back. Claim to be right if it happens.

Btw you weren’t the only one rating McBurnie. I did and so did others.

Five degrees. Clearly not one of them English.

I don’t think he’s doing a great job. He’s doing okay.

I wouldn’t sack him now. But he will be in trouble in a few weeks. Look at the next fixtures I don’t see us picking up any points.
I’m pretty sure we will pick up 1, 2 or 4 points in our next two games.

(Pretty sure, not entirely confident)

Back
Top Bottom