Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters
Playing the "Wilder card" would be a waste right now. It would almost definitely not work out well while the Pauper Prince is still here. Then wilder will end up leaving again and we'll have got nothing from it.

Far better to play the Wilder card when we have new richer owners, when it stands half a chance of working out well.

Not sure about Wilder but personally I think it’s time Hecky left. He’s never been premier league. Let’s make a change before it’s to late

I think if I was PA I'd be concerned about asset (players) damage now. This endless stream of injuries since Hecky took charge must be coming into PA's thinking if he is considering letting him go.

Having players we have paid good money for in some cases barely playing and decreasing in value due to endless injuries. The fact that even new faces like Slimane got injured not long after he joined us is quite a coincidence.

He’ll walk.
Always interests me the “he’ll walk” shouts. Ultimately it’s his job that he gets paid for, I don’t think he’ll be in a financial position to just walk. Better to wait for a payout from being sacked, he’s still got a promotion on his CV for the next job.

Playing the "Wilder card" would be a waste right now. It would almost definitely not work out well while the Pauper Prince is still here. Then wilder will end up leaving again and we'll have got nothing from it.

Far better to play the Wilder card when we have new richer owners, when it stands half a chance of working out well.
I actually fully agree. Wilder now he's still going to have to pull out a miracle and no window for 2 months.

He’s not but he will be here soon enough 🙈
Really hope not-just cannot see that this is a rationale option- on the Wilder losing run - he seemed to have lost his marbles.

To be fair to Hecky always seems composed and of sound mind.

Result like today is a irrelevant- overall focus is build for the Championship next year.

With the hand Hecky has been dealt the overall score for him is STILL 10/10.

Last edited:
Always interests me the “he’ll walk” shouts. Ultimately it’s his job that he gets paid for, I don’t think he’ll be in a financial position to just walk. Better to wait for a payout from being sacked, he’s still got a promotion on his CV for the next job.

I doubt some sort of compensation wouldn’t be a problem, for instance in a case where a previous manager is being touted whilst he’s still in place, or where an owners mouthpiece reveals information when the incumbent allegedly is unhappy with that. As an example of a possible scenario.

Wilder was shocking in the transfer window. He was also shocking in his last season with us. To get rid of hecky for wilder would be like groundhog day, an absolute waste of time with absolutely no progressive outcome long term.

Need to broaden our horizons beyond pashun and Yorkshiremen. Someone with a style of play and identity would be a good start.

If we had new richer owners we would be aiming for far, far better than Wilder.

At no point does he go. The disparity in funds available to Eddie Howe And Hecky means every now and again we get a total thumping. Right now we don't need a new manager in the faintest of hopes we stay up- we need Hecky to build foundations for next year- in the Championship.

No one comes in and changes our fortunes this year- its not possible. What need is Hecky to get full honest backing and he'll bring us up better next time.

Total support for Hecky- in a nutshell todays result irrelevant.

Do you not worry he might not have the best tactical ability? Maybe he's more of a coach, brilliant at working with youngsters, than a manager?

I'm not against him, but I would like to see more evidence of a plan from him in games moving forward.

He's got about 3 years left on his contract. Not a chance he'll walk. Who would..?
Well l gave a possibility. When Wilder threatened to quit did you think he - or anyone else - would expect to get nothing?

Do you not worry he might not have the best tactical ability? Maybe he's more of a coach, brilliant at working with youngsters, than a manager?

I'm not against him, but I would like to see more evidence of a plan from him in games moving forward.
No I think him and his team are perfect for a long term Yo-Yo.

With the hand hes been dealt- he's over achieving-

We go down - so what - a change of personnel ain't changing nothing.

Cuz Wilder spending money worked out really well didn’t it

Wilder was shocking in the transfer window. He was also shocking in his last season with us. To get rid of hecky for wilder would be like groundhog day, an absolute waste of time with absolutely no progressive outcome long term.

Need to broaden our horizons beyond pashun and Yorkshiremen. Someone with a style of play and identity would be a good start.
Philipe Clement would be my choice

No I think him and his team are perfect for a long term Yo-Yo.

With the hand hes been dealt- he's over achieving-

We go down - so what - a change of personnel ain't changing nothing.

I'm not sure we over-achieved in getting promoted. Think we had players well worthy of it. Also we had Illi. Couldn't say we are over achieving this season to date.

I think him and his team have been perfect for stabilising us after Slav, and have been good for the club as a whole. The lads also seem to love them.

I don't share the confidence long term. I want them all at the club anon, but I think something's missing. We aren't establishing an identity, didn't last year either to be fair, but long term, that's what you need.

Edit: Unfair really about this season, where the team have given it a good go really.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom