Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters

Appreciate you proving my earlier post #253, Wurzel.

I'm Deadly D'Jaffo and this has been my Ted Talk.

As I’ve said , I don’t want hecky to be sacked I want the best manager who will give us the best chance of staying up

For me that’s wilder

If we don’t win in the next 4/5 games it’s time for a change IMO

Come back to this thread in a month 👍

When he left I expected Wilder to be back some day, having seen his fall from grace and reflected on the things that he did wrong he's going to have to rebuild his career before he gets a job anywhere near Championship level. When results go well you can accept almost any level of nonsense but as soon as things go badly all those things come into focus and there were a good few with Wilder.

After all we've gone through and are still going through, just when we are beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel, some one want to scrap it all and start again? :oops:
This has got to be a wind up........:rolleyes:

Giving the manager 20m to buy premier league players and then Selling your best players a couple of weeks before the season starts is madness, even the very best managers would have struggled, to give hecky credit he brought in some very good players, and this team is getting better every game, if wilder had been in charge pre season there's no way we would be where are now, the players are firmly behind him and the majority of the fans understand and are firmly behind him, this might not always be the case but it is now, getting rid of hecky would lose the players and the fans instantly and without those it would be hello the championship

I was done with going to see the Blades after we sacked Adams (he wasn’t the best, but much of it wasn’t his fault imo). If we sack Hecky and bring Wikder back I’ll be done again, at least until we start winning ;)

S6 Blademan is always right you should know that by now

It’s harsh on hecky but he simply has to go after today there is no coming back from that today

The sooner wilder is back the more chance we have of staying up

As I’ve said plenty of times it’s just an opinion it appears I have been proven right (again)

It’s harsh on hecky but he simply has to go after today there is no coming back from that today

As I’ve said plenty of times it’s just an opinion it appears I have been proven right (again)
Why do you think wilder keeps us up?
He was dire in his last season here and been wank at his last 2 clubs, busted flush.

Far too early yet and one result is irrelevant. It's how the team reacts that counts.
Hecky's a decent guy, done a good job (so far) and deserves a chance to prove himself.
However we need to be prepared to do anything to stay up, so Hecky can't be given a free pass to lose every week.

Regards Wilder coming here.....it's a bit like Sheff Wed sacking their manager and appointing Neil Warnock.
For both club it's like throwing some paraffin on a fire, it's would give both clubs an immediate lift.
However there's a load of doubters....ready to pounce if Wilder or Warnock start off badly....so both would be under pressure.

My view is that Sheff Wed should only appoint Warnock if they are desperate with no better options
and the same with United, we should only appoint Wilder if we are desperate with no better options too.

I've heard some suggest Graham Potter as manager, good shout but he's always been quite disparaging about out club, so not sure he's come.
In the end think both Sheffield clubs will struggle to bring in the best options, so both Sheffield clubs might be forced into bringing in Warnock and Wilder respectively.
Both appointments would be quite explosive and potentially great stories that could go either way from extreme glory to extreme disaster.

Why do you think wilder keeps us up?
He was dire in his last season here and been wank at his last 2 clubs, busted flush.

He's galvanises the support more than any other manager we've had apart from Bassett, making the stadium a fortress.
He was only crap for us...when playing behind closed doors during the covid shut-down.
That period was a surreal and difficult period for everyone. Wilder seemed to lose his mojo when there were no Blades in the stadium.

Apparently at Boro their early performances were very good, Boro fans commented how attacking they were.
They were initially playing well under Wilder but not getting the results, then confidence went.
Wilder never stood a chance at Watford....don't think his style works with foreign players who don't like being shouted at.

Ideally we should look for someone else instead of Wilder but apart from Potter (who I don't think would come) can't think of anyone more suitable.
Still think Hecky deserves more time....but it has to be in conversation...that if he doesn't deliver then he should be replaced at some stage this season.

I’d either sack him or offer him to go back to academy and get someone else in as that was shite

Far too early yet and one result is irrelevant. It's how the team reacts that counts.
Hecky's a decent guy, done a good job (so far) and deserves a chance to prove himself.
However we need to be prepared to do anything to stay up, so Hecky can't be given a free pass to lose every week.

Regards Wilder coming here.....it's a bit like Sheff Wed sacking their manager and appointing Neil Warnock.
For both club it's like throwing some paraffin on a fire, it's would give both clubs an immediate lift.
However there's a load of doubters....ready to pounce if Wilder or Warnock start off badly....so both would be under pressure.

My view is that Sheff Wed should only appoint Warnock if they are desperate with no better options
and the same with United, we should only appoint Wilder if we are desperate with no better options too.

I've heard some suggest Graham Potter as manager, good shout but he's always been quite disparaging about out club, so not sure he's come.
In the end think both Sheffield clubs will struggle to bring in the best options, so both Sheffield clubs might be forced into bringing in Warnock and Wilder respectively.
Both appointments would be quite explosive and potentially great stories that could go either way from extreme glory to extreme disaster.

6 games 1 point

How many games then ?

10 games 1 point ?

Its absolouteley nothing like warnock , wilder has proved he can keep a team in the remier league and that team was us the only reasin he left was a disagreement with the prince and that they have made up

Its the most logical thing to do

Why would we be “forced” to bring back Wilder? It’ll be the owners decision. Wilders attitude and mentality won’t have changed and there’s no money.

It will be return for Wilder, watch and see it.

Not sure about Wilder but personally I think it’s time Hecky left. He’s never been premier league. Let’s make a change before it’s to late

Looking odds on
Don't think Wilder is the answer though

1695581543801.png

6 games 1 point

How many games then ?

10 games 1 point ?

Its absolouteley nothing like warnock , wilder has proved he can keep a team in the remier league and that team was us the only reasin he left was a disagreement with the prince and that they have made up

Its the most logical thing to do
At no point does he go. The disparity in funds available to Eddie Howe And Hecky means every now and again we get a total thumping. Right now we don't need a new manager in the faintest of hopes we stay up- we need Hecky to build foundations for next year- in the Championship.

No one comes in and changes our fortunes this year- its not possible. What need is Hecky to get full honest backing and he'll bring us up better next time.

Total support for Hecky- in a nutshell todays result irrelevant.

You obviously didn't watch our car crash slide to the 4th division.

You never saw the Porterfield bus past brigade.

You didn't see McEwan's home thrashing by the mighty Oldham.

I think you need to support a better club.

I've heard that we have a bigger, better and older club in our city, maybe give them a go?

Actually, your username fits quite well.

FOTH

At no point does he go. The disparity in funds available to Eddie Howe And Hecky means every now and again we get a total thumping. Right now we don't need a new manager in the faintest of hopes we stay up- we need Hecky to build foundations for next year- in the Championship.

No one comes in and changes our fortunes this year- its not possible. What need is Hecky to get full honest backing and he'll bring us up better next time.

Total support for Hecky- in a nutshell todays result irrelevant.

I find it baffling the belief you have in hecky

He got us up with the best squad in the league playing boring tepid football at no point has he ever shown he is good enough to be a prem manager

There is a reason he was our u23 manager and its showing

You obviously didn't watch our car crash slide to the 4th division.

You never saw the Porterfield bus past brigade.

You didn't see McEwan's home thrashing by the mighty Oldham.

I think you need to support a better club.

I've heard that we have a bigger, better and older club in our city, maybe give them a go?

Actually, your username fits quite well.

FOTH

Sorry im not 65

Back
Top Bottom