Bottom 6 taking shape

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
At present from the bottom up its Burnley, Luton, Everton , us, Bournemouth and Wolves with Fulham lurking close by.

I'll be pretty surprised if the three relegated clubs don't come from this group. On yesterday's performance I'm hopeful we can avoid taking one of the three spots.

Therr are 6 teams with a worse goal difference to us and we've played Citeh. So maybe the defence isn't the worst. And we've scored in 3 out of 4. Positives, positives, positives.
I think this is probably the first International Break in a long time where we will actually come back stronger with time given for the new players to get more training and settling in.

At present from the bottom up its Burnley, Luton, Everton , us, Bournemouth and Wolves with Fulham lurking close by.

I'll be pretty surprised if the three relegated clubs don't come from this group. On yesterday's performance I'm hopeful we can avoid taking one of the three spots.
I agree, but think at least one other team will get sucked into it, possibly unexpectedly. Like Leicester last season.

I think Everton will have too much and will pull away, possibly even Wolves.. so I think it’s a 4 way fight between us Luton Burnley Bournemouth. I fancy us to finish 4th bottom I really do.

I don't get the defeatism on here at times. We clearly have a squad with plenty of spirit and we are getting better and will continue to do so once Hecky and co have had time to bed in some players and work on tactics. I've no doubt the defence will start to tighten up. Yes we will get beat in a lot of games this season it I suspect that there will be aot games which we are right in and could go either way. With a bit of luck we will win some that we aren't expected to. Im hoping er get a few points out of the next run of games, I've certainly not written them off as impossible like some seemingly have. Hecky called it right when he said we go into every game looking to win it. So they should do too. We could be a tricky and dangerous opponent this season as it progresses and we are traditionally decent at the Lane. All to play for.

After yesterday I just can’t see us staying up. Just don’t have the quality unfortunately

Agree.

We've got some good players, I like some of our signings.
Souza does his job well, Hamer has shown a lot, Archer had a fantastic debut...

But we've just come out of a run of 4 games which included Palace (h), Forest (a) and Everton (h) and have 1 point to show for it.
It's hard to see us picking up any points in September and we need to find 10 wins from somewhere.

The standard of the lower half teams seems to have gone up since our last visit to the PL.
We don't look physically or athletically competitive alongside many of them (Palace, Forest, Bournemouth etc.)

We need Thomas and Trusty to drop into the XI after the international break and resolve our defensive issues.
We need one of McAtee or T Davies to come in for Norwood and make us more competitive and threatening from midfield.
I have a huge amount of respect for Robinson, Norwood, Basham etc. but the more they play the less likely we are to win games at this level.

We look good in moments, particularly with the ball, but we lack cohesion.
Without the ball, we're miles off it. Last season Ndiaye, McAtee and Berge were great at pressing from the front. This season that press is ineffective and we're played around far too easily, we're then scattered into sixes and sevens desperation defending crosses (badly) into our box.

I don't think it's between as many as 6.
I think it's Luton, Burnley, us and Everton.
To be honest, I think Burnley and Everton will be stronger than in the long-run.
We don't have the squad depth and have too many injury prone players.

We missed a huge chance in these first four games.
We had a badly planned transfer window (see Palace starting XI) and didn't give ourselves a proper chance.
PH & co. did a fantastic job making us fairly competitive so quickly.

Last edited:
I think we’ve fucked it already. From Palace (H), Forest (A), Everton (H) to only take 1 point is very disappointing. We’re nailed on to lose at least 5 of the next 6 considering the opposition. Feels like a repeat of 2020/21.

I'm going earlier, just like the wife says we will stay up with 2 games to spare 👍🏻👍🏻 anybody seen my tablets 👊

as another poster has said weve played 3 out of the first 4 at home and thats concerning especially with the run of games weve got coming up after the international break but we could easily have been sat on 5/6 points but for individual errors and these have to be cut out if were to have any chance of staying up

I think we’ve fucked it already. From Palace (H), Forest (A), Everton (H) to only take 1 point is very disappointing. We’re nailed on to lose at least 5 of the next 6 considering the opposition. Feels like a repeat of 2020/21.
forest only lost 1 in last 14 home games and we were worth a point. Theres still 102 points available, we are 3 behind chelsea, WHO LOST TO FOREST
Not beyond belief to think being in the CL might hamper Newcastle

The fixtures coming are rough, no denying that, but we just need to be in touch after the Arsenal game, then there is a bit of a flip with winnable games coming.

Good that Burnley look so fragile, very difficult to flip to being rigid/compact from the way they played last season, and looks like they just can’t do that at this level, which is a massive bonus as I thought they’d be safe. No way Luton survive, which was probably a given. But definitely no need for doom and gloom yet, we will pick up points we don’t expect with archer taking chances like Saturday, then can we kick on in November.

Yes the next 6 matches look tough, but we ain’t playing Man City, so they are games we can pick up points.

Case in point, Newcastle looks a nailed on defeat on paper, but they’re away to Milan before coming to the Lane. Do they really have the squad to be firing on all cylinders in Europe and the Premier League? Hopefully we can take advantage of other clubs fighting on multiple fronts.

So you've already written us off from getting anything v West Ham and Arsenal away, and Man U and Newcastle at home?

Newcastle have lost three out of four and are only two points above us. Zero chance of drawing that game in front of the home fans? West Ham have started well, but have drawn with Bournemouth and struggled to beat Luton. And we were close to getting a draw v Man City, so why is that impossible v Man U and Arsenal?

Agree.

We've got some good players, I like some of our signings.
Souza does his job well, Hamer has shown a lot, Archer had a fantastic debut...

But we've just come out of a run of 4 games which included Palace (h), Forest (a) and Everton (h) and have 1 point to show for it.
It's hard to see us picking up any points in September and we need to find 10 wins from somewhere.

The standard of the lower half teams seems to have gone up since our last visit to the PL.
We don't look physically or athletically competitive alongside many of them (Palace, Forest, Bournemouth etc.)

We need Thomas and Trusty to drop into the XI after the international break and resolve our defensive issues.
We need one of McAtee or T Davies to come in for Norwood and make us more competitive and threatening from midfield.
I have a huge amount of respect for Robinson, Norwood, Basham etc. but the more they play the less likely we are to win games at this level.

We look good in moments, particularly with the ball, but we lack cohesion.
Without the ball, we're miles off it. Last season Ndiaye, McAtee and Berge were great at pressing from the front. This season that press is ineffective and we're played around far too easily, we're then scattered into sixes and sevens desperation defending crosses (badly) into our box.

I don't think it's between as many as 6.
I think it's Luton, Burnley, us and Everton.
To be honest, I think Burnley and Everton will be stronger than in the long-run.
We don't have the squad depth and have too many injury prone players.

We missed a huge chance in these first four games.
We had a badly planned transfer window (see Palace starting XI) and didn't give ourselves a proper chance.
PH & co. did a fantastic job making us fairly competitive so quickly.
Cant argue with a word of that but we both hope you're wrong

In my humble football opinion we are better team now but the PL has become much stronger since our last Covid visit. The teams relegated last season weren’t bad and their inclusion in the Championship has made that division a lot stronger than last season. So if we do get relegated it will be tougher getting back without the likes of Archer, he’ll go to a promoted side if not to Villa.

Hoping we are still in touch come January and there’s been an ownership resolution with funds avaiable to give us strength and depth for the run in and shirley HRH can see that if he wants to get some cash back.

Next 3 months is about keeping in touch with bottom 5/6.

QUOTE="manxblade, post: 4786203, member: 19631"]
Really can't see city losing 4 though😉
[/QUOTE]

Not even if one of them is against us?!

Back
Top Bottom