Hecky presser today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have a look at the accounts. That’s often a big clue.

We’ve had high interest loans because we didn’t have cash flow and we’ve had several expensive players out injured whilst still on the pay roll

What type of investigation would you demand to get to the bottom of a privately owned business losing money but still being successful?
I'm not demanding anything, I just find it surprising that we are as hard up as we appear to be. It may well genuinely be true, I'm nowhere near intelligent enough to decipher accounts especially of a multi-national organisation like United World.

I suppose we just have to accept it, make the most of the season and hope that our owners are doing enough to ensure we are least have a team that isn't going to do a Portsmouth or worse.

I'm not demanding anything, I just find it surprising that we are as hard up as we appear to be. It may well genuinely be true, I'm nowhere near intelligent enough to decipher accounts especially of a multi-national organisation like United World.

I suppose we just have to accept it, make the most of the season and hope that our owners are doing enough to ensure we are least have a team that isn't going to do a Portsmouth or worse.
I don’t think you have to be that intelligent when there are plenty of open source interpretations of the accounts and where the money has gone.

We’ve lost money but managed to gamble and get back up after a failure in the first season after relegation

A big mistake made by the club in appointing Slav and not backing him to change the playing staff to suit his style was quickly halted to get hecky in. Which many of us didn’t want.

It was an expensive mistake and it, along with many other mistakes since that second premier league season could’ve indeed meant we ended up much further down the leagues…

So right now, I think the only thing we can do is accept what we have and hope we progress even if we get relegated.

That might sound a strange thing to say, but I think progression can also be about taking backward steps to build something better in the end

I don’t think you have to be that intelligent when there are plenty of open source interpretations of the accounts and where the money has gone.

We’ve lost money but managed to gamble and get back up after a failure in the first season after relegation

A big mistake made by the club in appointing Slav and not backing him to change the playing staff to suit his style was quickly halted to get hecky in. Which many of us didn’t want.

It was an expensive mistake and it, along with many other mistakes since that second premier league season could’ve indeed meant we ended up much further down the leagues…

So right now, I think the only thing we can do is accept what we have and hope we progress even if we get relegated.

That might sound a strange thing to say, but I think progression can also be about taking backward steps to build something better in the end

I agree with that, football and most sport goes in cycles, it's probably as good a time as any to refresh the squad, let's hope they get it right

I'm guessing yes.
I don't think Burnley blew us out the water.

I don't think the prince valued him as high as hecky and co. I get the impression the Prince is having a much much bigger say on transfers than he should.
You’re guessing though to suit your argument, which is your prerogative

I’ve not seen the details but I understand an offer was made, it was declined because the player wanted to explore his options. That’s nice for the player.

But for the club we couldn’t afford to explore options like the player could. Perhaps you’re right and Burnley made an offer close to our own, but perhaps it was a bigger risk then was worth it for us.

I agree with that, football and most sport goes in cycles, it's probably as good a time as any to refresh the squad, let's hope they get it right
That’s the crystal ball. I think we know one thing as blades that sticking with a manager that builds progressively does give good results.

We have to get a lot of other things right though - training facilities, academy, development of younger players, balanced recruitment etc

That’s the crystal ball. I think we know one thing as blades that sticking with a manager that builds progressively does give good results.

We have to get a lot of other things right though - training facilities, academy, development of younger players, balanced recruitment etc

And that's the key to get people back onside, we need to see some signs of progress it might not necessarily be in the first team squad, but maybe like Norwich we could improve the infrastructure, as long as we can see some evidence of a longer term plan, I think folk would be accepting of that.

We are in the highest profile league in the world.

We are seemingly - and it does feel like - already throwing in the towel , even before we start the season. All due to the poor leadership of the club and the wasted riches and opportunities squandered .

We have an owner who publicly announced he didn't want anything to do with us and was trying his best to offload. Yet , when we gained promotion and reached the FA Cup Semi - he was all over us like a rash....

He took his eye well and truly off the ball and that is why we are in the terrible state we are in - considered a laughing stock. If this was another club and we were looking in on them , all of us would no doubt say the club is an absolute basket case.

The Prince is all over the pace - he has no clue what to do and where he/we are going - he has created this mess and he is shooting us in the foot with almost every step he takes.

He cant let go .

We had a transfer embargo enforced on us because he didn't receive the full amount from Dozy - a £2m shortfall - we had to rely on £2m from a dodgy outside entity to almost keep the club running / solvent . Thats the sum of his leadership . What a complete waste of time .

The sooner he goes the better.

Thank god for Hecky / Norwood etc

If we can get Archer in this week, then I'll be so behind Hecky, he might get pregnant!

We are in the highest profile league in the world.

We are seemingly - and it does feel like - already throwing in the towel , even before we start the season. All due to the poor leadership of the club and the wasted riches and opportunities squandered .

We have an owner who publicly announced he didn't want anything to do with us and was trying his best to offload. Yet , when we gained promotion and reached the FA Cup Semi - he was all over us like a rash....

He took his eye well and truly off the ball and that is why we are in the terrible state we are in - considered a laughing stock. If this was another club and we were looking in on them , all of us would no doubt say the club is an absolute basket case.

The Prince is all over the pace - he has no clue what to do and where he/we are going - he has created this mess and he is shooting us in the foot with almost every step he takes.

He cant let go .

We had a transfer embargo enforced on us because he didn't receive the full amount from Dozy - a £2m shortfall - we had to rely on £2m from a dodgy outside entity to almost keep the club running / solvent . Thats the sum of his leadership . What a complete waste of time .

The sooner he goes the better.

Thank god for Hecky / Norwood etc

Much of what you say, i can't disagree with. We're in the biggest money league in the world and its a huge leap from the Championship, financially.

We start, like Luton and perhaps Burnley, as favourites to go down. So i don't think it's realistic to suggest that we're talking about relegation already. It was always going to be hard.

And yes, i agree, losing Berge, Doyle, McAtee, Ndiaye and Billy, i think are big losses and it makes the job harder.

I believe that recruitment has been very slow, it's been painful at times, but i also think that we've made some potentially good signings. They're all within the profile of what we have heard many times previously - Young players with potentially higher future value. Ndiaye fits this model and we can also consider his sale a huge success in this respect.

The Prince has made no secret of his desire to sell and whilst i am sure he was frustrated at the lack of buyers, the level of debt will have put many off. He's now got the club in a better place to sell. But he's also a businessman. He will want to put the club in a stronger position to sell.

Despite what many believe, he's not running us into the ground, he's keeping us progressing

A failure in this aspect, however, has been to ignore the training ground and the facilities to support the academy.

And that's the key to get people back onside, we need to see some signs of progress it might not necessarily be in the first team squad, but maybe like Norwich we could improve the infrastructure, as long as we can see some evidence of a longer term plan, I think folk would be accepting of that.
As fans, i think we have to be realistic. We have an owner that wants to sell, yet want a long term plan.

I think a decision needs to be made by the Prince. He can either try to tout and force a sale or he sets his mind on a 3-5 year plan for the club and executes it. And if someone wants to come and buy the club, so be it.

I've got it all along. Seems a high percentage on here, and 80% on twitter don't understand it.

Calling out "Snake" Bettis and demanding the Prince leaves... then what?
Admin , then league 1 then why did he spend all that money and leave us in this state 🤷‍♂️
Damned if you do damned if you don’t

Comment like a lot of the players looking like rabbits in the headlights etc doesn’t fill me with optimism.

But Look at it this way for the young lads - you’re never ever going to get a better opportunity to live our your dream. Couple of good performances and the shirts yours and you’re set for life.

Go out and play no one is going to blame you if we get battered.
Well fans should not blame them BUT?

Or.... we offer him a better contract?

I suspect reading the info from today and past week Sander has been presented with this situation:

• Here's a new contract offer
  • Sanders agent has said Burnley will offer more. Or that Burnley don't have a big wage reduction if relegated so it's better potentially.
  • And Sander says happy to stay and see out contract and re assess next season. But fyi another club (Burnley) might offer me this etc.
  • Burnley bid whatever we've accepted.
  • Sufc wanna sign that deal?
  • Sander says no would want some improvement on it to do so like what Burnley have offered. But I'll not leave I'll play and let's see next summer.
  • Sufc, Fees good enough need you to go. And if you don't go we might or will freeze you out.
  • Sander, ok I'll go.
Or to expand;
Burnley offered £5m - we said no
Then offered £8m - we said no
Then £10m - we said no
£12m - no
Then £15m - we thought about the pros and coms of keeping him, what we could do with the money, had long, often heated arguments about what to do. In the end, although we wanted Berge to stay, we decided to accept the offer and bring 15m into the club.

He speaks really well does Hecky. No point dwelling on the players that have left, got to look to the future and be positive. I admire his approach. UTB.
Absolutely. He hasn't got his head in the sand, but he isn't looking back and moaning either.
He's realistic, and looking forwards. He wants quality bringing in asap, and in the meantime he'll lead the team through this really tough start. Good man and a great interview.

Which part? Thought it was realistic and fairly upbeat.
It was the realistic part that was depressing and it was a consistent theme running throughout. The upbeat nature was evident but I think that was for the publics benefit tbh.

Much of what you say, i can't disagree with. We're in the biggest money league in the world and its a huge leap from the Championship, financially.

We start, like Luton and perhaps Burnley, as favourites to go down. So i don't think it's realistic to suggest that we're talking about relegation already. It was always going to be hard.

And yes, i agree, losing Berge, Doyle, McAtee, Ndiaye and Billy, i think are big losses and it makes the job harder.

I believe that recruitment has been very slow, it's been painful at times, but i also think that we've made some potentially good signings. They're all within the profile of what we have heard many times previously - Young players with potentially higher future value. Ndiaye fits this model and we can also consider his sale a huge success in this respect.

The Prince has made no secret of his desire to sell and whilst i am sure he was frustrated at the lack of buyers, the level of debt will have put many off. He's now got the club in a better place to sell. But he's also a businessman. He will want to put the club in a stronger position to sell.

Despite what many believe, he's not running us into the ground, he's keeping us progressing

A failure in this aspect, however, has been to ignore the training ground and the facilities to support the academy.

How does such poor squad management, lack of contracts for young players and players who are key for the squad, correlate with the statement “keeping us progressing”?

"he's keeping us progressing"???

How does such poor squad management, lack of contracts for young players and players who are key for the squad, correlate with the statement “keeping us progressing”?
The club as a whole.

Were those players offered contracts? Yes certainly Ndiaye and Berge were.

Who are the young players without contracts?

The club as a whole.

Were those players offered contracts? Yes certainly Ndiaye and Berge were.

Who are the young players without contracts?

How do you divorce having a squad having basically negligible asset value in 12 months with the club as a whole? Because I can’t see a reasonable argument that squad management is anything apart from a key output to judge the efficacy of any club administrator. Any business needs to preserve the value of its assets.

Osula and Jebbison are reportedly out of contract next summer. As are most of the core which we’d need to try and compete with in the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom