CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't see how we're not weaker come the first game of the season. We've lost arguably our best three players from the end of last season, including our only two link up players. It's highly doubtful that we'll replace any of those with the required standard in the next 1

Really? I don't think it's childish at all. If you really think we will stand any chance of staying up I would be genuinely interested in your comments

We have signed 3 players who are, let's have it right, a gamble.....we have lost Doyle and McAtee, two major parts of the squad that got us promoted....we look like starting with players in the squad who are plainly not good enough in Wes, JLT, Lowe, Fleck, Norwood, Osborn and have no strikers.....Oli Mac injured and Osula and Jebbo who are not good enough yet.

Not really looking forward to spending hundreds up and down the M1 to watch us getting but fucked each week at the moment.....
Do what i am doing stopping at home . Do not see the point on spoiling my weekends supporting a club so badly run with no ambition no money even though they have had parachute payments biggest gates in the championship plus two lots of promotion money 35 million for their goalie and now this and they expect the supporters to be happy spending 3 million on signings with no chance of survival in the prem being used as cannon fodder . No thanks . Hope you enjoy it mate i do feel for most supporters on here others deserve what is coming to them .

A year in the prem would have seen his values as either £0 or the figure his agent would have accepted in a release clause if we had persuaded him to sign a new contract. Which would be far south of 35-40 million.

If he has gone then I’m gutted that i won’t see him in a United shirt in the Premier league, but we haven’t lost out on £20m of value because there was no path to it from the point Illy wouldn’t sign a new deal.

Ndiaye's value would be like that, yes. The point is to do with the difference in TV money in 24/25 with and without him

Fake Friendface account FFS....

Ok:
1. The season hasn’t started and the window hasn’t closed. The fact is, people like to assume knowledge about our finances and intentions based on their disposition. I’ll judge our chances when I know the squad.
2. We don’t know who might step up. Not one person thought Lunny would in PL year 1.
3. Our first choice defence is largely ok. It needs cover.
4. Midfield and attack needs additions, but see point 1.
4. We don’t know which club might shit the bed next year. Not many had Leicester to struggle.

Weak reply, nowt personal but you are not putting up a great argument

Waste of space this club.

Play him in every friendly when he's been trying to force a move, now we're left with other players that could have built match fitness in these friendlies instead we've sold a player for cheap, and not only that but we've helped the buying club with a match fit player.

To make matters worse, we're left with Osula (only ever played at lg1) and Jebbison (Didn't do much in the games he played in Championship)

McBurnie - injured
Brewster - injured

We play our first game in 13 days.#

Joke.

Why are we so shit at doing business? It’s not just the current regime either, all my adult life we always seem to make the wrong decisions at boardroom level. Yes we’ve had little periods of success, but that has come in spite of our hierarchy…not because of them.
Because we are run by a short sighted owner and it is history repeating itself.

Look at how Brighton have transformed themselves over the years that's how to do it scout well give them big contracts and play hard ball and get the best possible prices for your players and reinvest.

Instead what we have is short sighted owners sighted owners letting our players contracts run down and therefore we hardly any have any saleable assets left to help the club reinvest.

There Is nothing more frustrating than seeing clubs like Bournemouth absolutely rinse us it is embarrassing how a club that size can attract such investment yet we are stuck with people who's only long term interest is for their own benefit.

Like when we sold DCL and the players brought in with the cash got us up?

Even with hindsight selling dcl was the wrong thing to do. It lacked ambition

We sold him for a million he turned into a 40m England International. Same with ramsdale we had to buy him back for 18m after selling him for 1m. We need building blocks

Unless we show some ambition and / or get some investment - we are a championship club at best.

Say we get 20m for Ndaiye - we need to reinvest all of it or the season will quickly become an embarrassment. ( i doubt we’ll even spend 10% of whatever reeve sold him for).

Do what i am doing stopping at home . Do not see the point on spoiling my weekends supporting a club so badly run with no ambition no money even though they have had parachute payments biggest gates in the championship plus two lots of promotion money 35 million for their goalie and now this and they expect the supporters to be happy spending 3 million on signings with no chance of survival in the prem being used as cannon fodder . No thanks . Hope you enjoy it mate i do feel for most supporters on here others deserve what is coming to them .
Will never stay at home, will always be there home and away, (loyalty points permitting) just wish the club matched our commitment

Look at how Brighton have transformed themselves over the years that's how to do it scout well give them big contracts and play hard ball and get the best possible prices for your players and reinvest.

Instead what we have is short sighted owners sighted owners letting our players contracts run down and therefore we hardly any have any saleable assets left to help the club reinvest.

There Is nothing more frustrating than seeing clubs like Bournemouth absolutely rinse us it is embarrassing how a club that size can attract such investment yet we are stuck with people who's only long term interest is for their own benefit.
For every Bournemouth and Brighton, there are at least a dozen other clubs wishing they could replicate their success.

Brighton not the best example considering its taken them half a billion pounds plus to get where they are.

Bournemouth have dodged FFP a fair bit as well.

A year in the prem would probably amounted to his value going through the roof .Have you seen how much quality players are going for now? Even the Man city boss says he is concerned about inflation regarding the fees now being asked for average players .This lad was above average thats why the froggies have never let go of him.

But he can sign with another club for free as early as January. That's ultimately the decision the club had to make - sell for some fee now or keep him until the end of the contract and hope he is a key reason we stay up.

Another Leicester example is Soyuncu who was one of their best defenders in prior seasons but ended up starting only 6 games last season after falling out with Rodgers. Ended up going to Atletico Madrid for free this summer. Should they have sold him last summer? In hindsight 100%. And of course there's other examples the other way around ... Lerma got player of the season award for Bournemouth and was a big part for why they stayed up (but has now gone for free despite being a club record signing at the time).

Weak reply, nowt personal but you are not putting up a great argument
I don’t take it personally at all, that’s entirely your opinion and I suspect no amount of evidence would change your mind. I prefer to remain open to have mine changed. Come 1st September I may in total agreement with you or I may be happy with our chances.

A year in the prem would have seen his values as either £0 or the figure his agent would have accepted in a release clause if we had persuaded him to sign a new contract. Which would be far south of 35-40 million.

If he has gone then I’m gutted that i won’t see him in a United shirt in the Premier league, but we haven’t lost out on £20m of value because there was no path to it from the point Illy wouldn’t sign a new deal.
Weather he signed or not his contract runs out NEXT year not this and he was this clubs only prayer of staying in the prem and earning another win fall but even if that was true i still think the manager would not have seen any of it . Feel sorry for Heck he must be feeling the same as the last two managers now .

Play him in every friendly when he's been trying to force a move, now we're left with other players that could have built match fitness in these friendlies instead we've sold a player for cheap, and not only that but we've helped the buying club with a match fit player.

To make matters worse, we're left with Osula (only ever played at lg1) and Jebbison (Didn't do much in the games he played in Championship)

McBurnie - injured
Brewster - injured

Joke.

Who did you want us to play ?

One of our strikers isn’t even allowed in the fucking country
Mcburnie is in a walking
Brewster had never been fit
Jebbison is injured

We’ll start the season with osula and marsh up top and be a laughing stock

If Ndiaye is sold it would be expected that we recruit one or two others to go with the loans that are expected.
Let’s see what it looks like on September 1st and again on October 1st.
I remain positive.
👍 me too,I trust the manager. Maybe a very difficult first few weeks of the season I’m afraid if true.

McBurnie - injured
Brewster - injured

Joke.
Out of interest, why isn’t your anger directed at the player then?

Who did you want us to play ?

One of our strikers isn’t even allowed in the fucking country
Mcburnie is in a walking
Brewster had never been fit
Jebbison is injured

We’ll start the season with osula and marsh up top and be a laughing stock

Doesn't matter who I wanted us to play, we could have played one of the young kids instead of NDiaye the entire time, not saying he would be good but he would be our player. Not making a Marseille player match fit for when he leaves.

But he can sign with another club for free as early as January. That's ultimately the decision the club had to make - sell for some fee now or keep him until the end of the contract and hope he is a key reason we stay up.

Another Leicester example is Soyuncu who was one of their best defenders in prior seasons but ended up starting only 6 games last season after falling out with Rodgers. Ended up going to Atletico Madrid for free this summer. Should they have sold him last summer? In hindsight 100%. And of course there's other examples the other way around ... Lerma got player of the season award for Bournemouth and was a big part for why they stayed up (but has now gone for free despite being a club record signing at the time).
Do you think he would have a fall out with Heck ? Do you think the club is in a stronger position now that he has gone ? (if its true of course).

Gutted.

We’ll never know whether it was always his intention to go to OM or whether circumstances have made the move viable for both parties.

My feeling is that if we’d not messed him about the last contract he signed (refusing to play him until he signed) he’d have had more reason to stay.

He’s the best player I’ve ever seen for us in 32 years of watching the Blades and it will leave a big hole in an already threadbare squad, we aren’t replacing him for any amount of money.

If he wanted to leave and we’re brassic then I can see the logic.

Sheffield United can’t have nice things though, things like this happen when we do.

Back
Top Bottom