CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dunno, seeing some say things like put an R next to us, cancel the season and referencing Derby’s squad being relieved seems a bit childish to me.

Really? I don't think it's childish at all. If you really think we will stand any chance of staying up I would be genuinely interested in your comments

We have signed 3 players who are, let's have it right, a gamble.....we have lost Doyle and McAtee, two major parts of the squad that got us promoted....we look like starting with players in the squad who are plainly not good enough in Wes, JLT, Lowe, Fleck, Norwood, Osborn and have no strikers.....Oli Mac injured and Osula and Jebbo who are not good enough yet.

Not really looking forward to spending hundreds up and down the M1 to watch us getting but fucked each week at the moment.....

Since promotion was confirmed, it has looked to me like HRA had no intention of even trying to keep us in the PL (the rumoured pennies in the budget, Hecky's body language, signing unknowns from lower divisions in Europe were big clues). The sale of Ndiaye confirms this, However, it also confirms this HRA has gone down the same black hole as his predicessor, Mr McCabe in that he has given way to short sighteness, for fear of losing a few million in year's time, instead of telling the player to forget about a move right now and focus on having a good season in the PL for us.

I dont see how HRA comes back from this. A lot of fans will not forgive this sale, it looks like the onwers dont care. The atmosphere against HRA and his cronies could easily turn hostile as the season could now quite easily become a humilation.

For a man who has been quite astute in his business activity, nearly bankrupting the club by keeping our best assets (which took guts) to them sell them once we got promoted seems rather odd. Selling our best assets also does not seem the most attractive thing to do if you have interested buyers of the club.

It would be lovely to experience, at least once in our lifetimes an owner of this club who is wealthy, ambitious and will tolerate only sustained success.

Another depressing day in the black history of SUFC.
I for one will never forgive nor forget this people can make whatever excuse they like up for the Prince and board you can happy clap till the cows come home.

It doesn't change the fact that Illiman is a game changer and like no other player he is the most skillful and technically gifted player I have ever seen grace the Lane.

We cant replace what he brought to our team when we were under pressure he stepped up his game and created/scored and got assists from nowhere

Ndiaye was by far our most creative player he has gone McAtee gone back to City and so has Doyle.

We would struggle to get promoted again if we were in the championship with this squad we don't have a prayer of staying up.

The Prince just needs to find a buyer and leave he has just single handedly destroyed all the good grace that he had with our fan base.

But the mask has well and truly slipped,if he cares about our club at all he will do all he can to find a buyer and get out before it turns absolutely toxic and he feels the wrath our fans.

McCabe only got away with it to a certain to degree with his no bigger Blade than me Set routine the Prince won't get away with it.

That said I hope Illiman enjoys the bench at Marseille and I hope Marseille go bust.

The actions of that club are at very best the actions of parasites that will stop at nothing to ruin something good.

Good riddance then 👍

Who is having a tantrum? Him, you or both?
I’m completely chilled out about it. I’d prefer it not to be happening but if it is well, there’s exactly nothing I can do about it & there are far worse things to get upset about.

So no, I’m not having a tantrum. I am, however, enjoying myself laughing at apparently grown adults who are behaving exactly like my grandkids do when they are refused something.

I blame the parents 😁

Might have missed it, but Nixon's not gloating yet....

I think his last post re: Illy was this:

1690739321848.png

giphy.webp

This will 100% effect the other players negatively!
Sander will leave now he won't stay people are too short sighted and don't see the implications.

This could also put off potential new owners too selling your best assets do not make it an attractive investment.

No matter what the fee is i doubt it would amount to another year in the prem
Was another year in the prem guaranteed if he stayed?
Can Illiman do it in the prem?
What more could the club have done to keep him?
Can we offer him Champions league football?
His agent has been pushing for the move for 12 months at least , lliman could have said no I want to stay here … did he?
The club tried its nads off with the new contract , the highest it has ever offered (wasn’t James Beattie on 40k a week) would he sign it?

Just tell me what more the club could have done?

Stop with defiant talk like “I don’t think we are relegated before the season starts, and wait and see what the squad looks like”? And how is that less productive than a completely misguided anger towards the Prince for a scenario you have completely made up, but state as absolute fact?

Because that’s not the point.
We could play the youth team and fans would turn up and cheer them on. Wouldn’t alter the fact it’s a fucking stupid ring to do…and this was equally stupid in its gravity.

Chucking out bravado and fighting talk gets you nowhere if you’re about to be killed taking a knife to a gunfight.
If you honestly believe he’s gonna get some players in to be competitive then good luck, the step up from champ to prem is huge and it’s considered by me and many others that had we not had IN we would have likely been outside the play offs. Such was the lack of quality in essential areas of the pitch. We have lost our three best players from January on and replaced them with a kid who scored some in Sweden but looks a little lightweight to me….a left back who will need to learn how to play our system and a midfielder who hasn’t been tested yet.

A year in the prem would probably amounted to his value going through the roof .Have you seen how much quality players are going for now? Even the Man city boss says he is concerned about inflation regarding the fees now being asked for average players .This lad was above average thats why the froggies have never let go of him.
A year in the prem would have seen his values as either £0 or the figure his agent would have accepted in a release clause if we had persuaded him to sign a new contract. Which would be far south of 35-40 million.

If he has gone then I’m gutted that i won’t see him in a United shirt in the Premier league, but we haven’t lost out on £20m of value because there was no path to it from the point Illy wouldn’t sign a new deal.

Really? I don't think it's childish at all. If you really think we will stand any chance of staying up I would be genuinely interested in your comments

We have signed 3 players who are, let's have it right, a gamble.....we have lost Doyle and McAtee, two major parts of the squad that got us promoted....we look like starting with players in the squad who are plainly not good enough in Wes, JLT, Lowe, Fleck, Norwood, Osborn and have no strikers.....Oli Mac injured and Osula and Jebbo who are not good enough yet.

Not really looking forward to spending hundreds up and down the M1 to watch us getting but fucked each week at the moment.....
Ok:
1. The season hasn’t started and the window hasn’t closed. The fact is, people like to assume knowledge about our finances and intentions based on their disposition. I’ll judge our chances when I know the squad.
2. We don’t know who might step up. Not one person thought Lunny would in PL year 1.
3. Our first choice defence is largely ok. It needs cover.
4. Midfield and attack needs additions, but see point 1.
4. We don’t know which club might shit the bed next year. Not many had Leicester to struggle.

Like when we sold DCL and the players brought in with the cash got us up?

DCL was probably about the fifth-sixth choice striker at the time, hardly a like for like comparison in terms of the damage done to the first team.

Lots of anti-Prince sentiment but not sure what could be done beside throwing a huge contract at someone a couple of seasons ago who wasn’t a guaranteed superstar.

Ndiaye has been offered reportedly one of the best contracts ever drawn up by the Blades and he’s chosen his boyhood club over it.

What can we do, he wants to leave and will be doing next season on a free. Our hands are tied to the players whims.

The positive here is that if we’ve committed X amount of money to his improvEd contract PLUS generating a fee, it may help us bring in some more players.

No one can say better or worse though than Ndiaye, as this season was his chance to show he can go up another level. If he is leaving, he’s missing that chance to basically play at the club he loves.

If Ndiaye is sold it would be expected that we recruit one or two others to go with the loans that are expected.
Let’s see what it looks like on September 1st and again on October 1st.
I remain positive.

I’m not sure the princes reputation as a tough negotiator is well deserved it seems like we’ve sold our assets pretty easily under him as well. Ndiaye, Rammers, Midwood and Lankshear all gone some for more some for less but I’m not sure there would have been much difference of Kevin were the sole owner. We’ve had two managers work miracles with relatively no money leading to two promotions. That’s not something that’s sustainable

Dont think 25m or whatever we got for ramsdale was bad going. He was garbage for 1/2 a season - and arsenal are already looking To replace him seemingly

Also not sure you can hold on to youth for more than that if you’re refusing to pay your liabilities to other clubs.

Not suggesting the prince is some master negotiator by any stretch and his strategy will have us back in the championship at best 100% certainty

Like when we sold DCL and the players brought in with the cash got us up?

That’s a. It weak. So we got a million for DCL when we were bringing in players for small amounts in the first division.

can you tell me which players we can bring in to compete in the premier league, which would also make up for the loss of Illy

Was another year in the prem guaranteed if he stayed?
Can Illiman do it in the prem?
What more could the club have done to keep him?
Can we offer him Champions league football?
His agent has been pushing for the move for 12 months at least , lliman could have said no I want to stay here … did he?
The club tried its nads off with the new contract , the highest it has ever offered (wasn’t James Beattie on 40k a week) would he sign it?

Just tell me what more the club could have done?
Offered him that contract 12/6 months ago, instead of pissing around until the last minute.

Back
Top Bottom