McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not seen much mention of it but I just listened to a Bladesheaven podcast and Hecky said thst McBurnies foot was initially put in a cast to protect it. He also said he was making good progress but didn't say what he'd done.

Hearing stuff like that reiterates how threadbare our squad is. If he is out injured we are relying on one of the kids.

Not seen much mention of it but I just listened to a Bladesheaven podcast and Hecky said thst McBurnies foot was initially put in a cast to protect it. He also said he was making good progress but didn't say what he'd done.

Hearing stuff like that reiterates how threadbare our squad is. If he is out injured we are relying on one of the kids.

Exactly. The injury issues don't appear to be going away.

Good to see Rhian training more but as always it feels like a revolving door of injuries with this squad.

Sadly, this is a recurring theme with McBurnie and is why I'd be looking to bring in at least one more experienced CF.

I know Keinan Davis didn't have the best of years at Watford, but that would probably drive his value down. We've seen what he's capable of at Forest and he has the right sorts of attributes for our team.
Again though, I doubt we can afford it.

Sadly, this is a recurring theme with McBurnie and is why I'd be looking to bring in at least one more experienced CF.

I know Keinan Davis didn't have the best of years at Watford, but that would probably drive his value down. We've seen what he's capable of at Forest and he has the right sorts of attributes for our team.
Keinan Davis does a lot of things well. Scoring goals is not one of them.

He also looked to be carrying far too much timber last season.

Based on their track records with absence through injuries, obvious,seemingly inoccuous and downright bizarre we should be planning this season without the following on a regular basis.
McBurnie.
Brewster.
Bogle.
Lowe.
Jebbison
Berge.
Fleck.

Going to be interesting at best.

Based on their track records with absence through injuries, obvious,seemingly inoccuous and downright bizarre we should be planning this season without the following on a regular basis.
McBurnie.
Brewster.
Bogle.
Lowe.
Jebbison
Berge.
Fleck.

See that is why it boggles the mind that we renewed Fleck's contract.

Agree with that, but find me a striker that does what Davis does AND scores goals and you'll have found a player we can't afford.

We have goals in our team, Ndiaye, Berge, Anel, hopefully McAtee (or his replacement), if we can get a big physical presence that can shift a bit and hold it up then we'll have a useful player.

Appreciate Davis does also have injury concerns though, so I'm not saying he's definitely the answer.

The other one I'd look at is Ross Stewart and he has had some really bad injuries too.

Agree with that, but find me a striker that does what Davis does AND scores goals and you'll have found a player we can't afford.

We have goals in our team, Ndiaye, Berge, Anel, hopefully McAtee (or his replacement), if we can get a big physical presence that can shift a bit and hold it up then we'll have a useful player.

Appreciate Davis does also have injury concerns though, so I'm not saying he's definitely the answer.

The other one I'd look at is Ross Stewart and he has had some really bad injuries too.
…perfect then

McBurnie.
Brewster.
Bogle.
Lowe.
Jebbison
Berge.
Fleck.

Then throw in the African lads going to AFCON and Jan could be interesting 😱

We have currently about 30 PL goals in the team, tops.

Then throw in the African lads going to AFCON and Jan could be interesting 😱
I know there are 3 weeks left and deals will be done close to deadline day but being brutally realistic and looking at what will happen in all likelihood we could be unable to have a bench when the African lads go and the serial injury culprits rack up.

i also think we need 1 more striker through the door not sure about davis would have said yes from his time at forest but he seems to have failed at watford mind dont see it happening

$40m worth of strikers in McBurnie and Brewster already injured.
Basically if Ndiaye leaves we are bereft at the top of the pitch.
An unknown guy in Traore and our two young lads.
Maybe play Anel as a striker ?

Osula will be our highest scorer this season. Just got a hunch

Sadly disagree. The potential is there, but he's a way off.
A loan to a League 1 side is what's needed.

I'd say the same for Jebbison (though at a level higher) if we had a few quid to bring someone in. As it is, we probably need him... and possibly Osula too!

Whenever I saw him he was trying to play like a deep lying forward (not very well). I think he’s decided the hard yards of being a true CF aren’t for him

Shame because he was excellent bullying defenders and causing havoc when he was fit and trying at Forest

$40m worth of strikers in McBurnie and Brewster already injured.
Basically if Ndiaye leaves we are bereft at the top of the pitch.
An unknown guy in Traore and our two young lads.
Maybe play Anel as a striker ?
£40m spent.

Fair bit South of £40m worth !!

UTB

£40m spent.

Fair bit South of £40m worth !!

UTB

McBurnie's about returned on his investment.
Don't think he's been great by any means, but 15 goals and a promotion this year and some important ones in our first season in the PL are probably fair value for the money.
£17-20m gets you very little in the CF market.

Brewster has done nothing as we know. Its hard to even say whether he'll have any sort of a career at the top levels given his injury record.
Feel sorry for the lad.

McBurnie's about returned on his investment.
Don't think he's been great by any means, but 15 goals and a promotion this year and some important ones in our first season in the PL are probably fair value for the money.
£17-20m gets you very little in the CF market.

Brewster has done nothing as we know. Its hard to even say whether he'll have any sort of a career at the top levels given his injury record.
Feel sorry for the lad.
Very magnanimous of you to feel sympathy for Brewster.
My overriding emotion is anger with Wilder and the club , for chucking $23m on a non-PL-ready player and to make it worse , not doing due diligence on his previous injuries or testing his hamstrings.
The most expensive mistake of my 55 years following dem Blades.

My overriding emotion is anger with Wilder and the club , for chucking $23m on a non-PL-ready player and to make it worse , not doing due diligence on his previous injuries or testing his hamstrings.
Everyone gets signings wrong. Every manager. Every club. You can't "test his hamstrings" and know that they are going to snap. Mcgoldrick was severely injury prone when we signed him, albeit for free. Should we have not?

I feel immense sympathy for him.
Clearly does have bags of talent, but every time he gets any semblance of momentum going he breaks down. He was in tears coming off away at WBA.
Money will only be a small consolation for the above, I'm sure he's been through the ringer and he's a credit to himself and the club by turning up every week to support the lads with a big smile on his face.

Should be available for City...

“Oli trained in the week,” Heckingbottom added. “He’s another one who missed pre-season. As you normally get, there’s stiffness and soreness and he said I’ve waited this long so I’ll wait another game.”

source

Back
Top Bottom