Will we stay up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will we stay up

• Yes

Votes: 73 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 116 61.4%

• Total voters

mancunianblade

Reaction score
I’m curious as with the rumours whirling round about budget and ownership uncertainty so on and so on

I don’t recall seeing anyone say anything really positive? Curious if there is anyone out their lurking who think we may actually do better than expected?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell.
Sure it is but I’m asking people's opinions now and everyone is entitled to change their opinion as the situation changes, but as it stands I’m seeing zero positivity and i guess im curious if there are some out there who are quietly optimistic?

Market putting us at around 40% to stay up seems about right. There's some bang average teams in there and we only need to be better than three of them. Of course, Carlton's on the right track, that figure is baking in that the club doesn't do anything stupid like selling Ndiaye, if we do that then we're probably instantly favourites for the drop

If we invest we may just stay up. If we don’t we deffo come straight back down.

Reactions: MKY
I'll be hesitantly positive with the main reasons for potentially being so;

1) we've got no idea what side we'll be putting out, might be better than we're worrying it will and

2) there are poor sides in the league. Luton, Burnley, Wolves, Bournemouth (thanks for sacking your manager lads, we'll see you down there) Forest and West Ham without Rice, and who knows, maybe Palace, maybe Fulham?? Why shouldn't we manage to crawl past some of that shite?

Can't really give the best opinion until we know what the squad looks like at the end of the transfer window.

As we sit here today with the current squad and noises emanating from the club, it's hard to make a good case for staying up.

I was at the Legends do at the Lane last night and there wasn't much positivity shall we say from the ex players about our chances as it stands.

impossible to predict before we know what our squad will look like certainly the odds are against us staying up just like all promoted clubs from the championship

If the fans are giving up before a ball is kicked then the team will have no hope.
We really do have some ***** for fans, I hope they are in the minority.
Looks like they're not in the minority judging by early results. It's called having an opinion & some of us are just realists, doesn't mean we wouldn't like us to stop up.

Can't really give the best opinion until we know what the squad looks like at the end of the transfer window.

As we sit here today with the current squad and noises emanating from the club, it's hard to make a good case for staying up.

I was at the Legends do at the Lane last night and there wasn't much positivity shall we say from the ex players about our chances as it stands.
Yep we don't know the squad yet. With this exact playing squad, we have no midfield. But we'll be recruiting at least a handful of players.

If those incomings are pretty good, I'll be quietly confident.

Look how many teams battled relegation last season.

How can anyone think we can stay up look who has just gone down all three are better than us and have better squads than us. Aside of Luton which 2 teams are we better than ?? I truly hope we can compete and stay up but i see a season of pain sorry ..UTB

I'll be hesitantly positive with the main reasons for potentially being so;

1) we've got no idea what side we'll be putting out, might be better than we're worrying it will and

2) there are poor sides in the league. Luton, Burnley, Wolves, Bournemouth (thanks for sacking your manager lads, we'll see you down there) Forest and West Ham without Rice, and who knows, maybe Palace, maybe Fulham?? Why shouldn't we manage to crawl past some of that shite?

You can add Brentford, Brighton and Everton to the list of teams that could also be in the relegation mix next season.

In my view there are 7 clubs that I am 100% sure won’t go down Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle. The rest of the league could easily end up having a bad season and go down.

Every chance of staying up. Sure they're not the most gifted squad but they're coming off the back of a sustained winning mentality that goes back 18 months. Provided we get a win on the board early on I see that confidence continuing which will edge some tight games in our favour.

Plus all these players really need to do is not get cut adrift by Christmas, as I really can't see us not having new owners by the time the January window comes around.

Even if we add Doyle and the few others being touted we are in for, we still go down the rest are not prem standard sorry to say

With the current squad, highly unlikely, but until we have done our transfer business, whatever that ends up being, then it is impossible to even speculate.

Let's vote on the eve of the season then we might have a better idea.
Who knows, we might pluck a couple of players from nowhere who hit the ground running (think Moose)
Also, its just as important on who stays.
Way too early to judge.

We could have a net spend of 10 or 15m and stay up if we do it right

Don't think we will. We'll keep everybody and limit our room for manoeuvre too much

We won't be embarrassing pushovers and won't finish bottom, but I don't think we'll quite have enough, management wise and squad wise. And the whole mood around the club regarding ownership and general direction is helping to establish a firm expectation of relegation and that will impact the squad

I'm not even too bothered if we do go down as long as we take the opportunity to put ourselves in a better position and BUILD THE MIDFIELD

Back
Top Bottom