Tifo - Why Not At Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why? I wasn't involved in it. As soon as something even remotely suggested to improve the dull atmosphere at Lane is banded about its shot down. Can't have anyone making noise can we?
I’m intrigued. Why do you think a few people on an internet forum have any sort of power to stop things happening?

Here’s the problem. The people who would like to change things are great at coming up with ideas, often expensive ones, but completely clueless at getting organised and actually making things happen. So when those things don’t happen they never look at themselves and their own incompetence but instead blame other people. Maybe they should just crack on & do whatever it is instead of bleating about it like a bunch of snowflakes.

Not read the whole thread so apologies if already discussed.

I’m not at all interested in taking part in any such displays but I’m not against it happening at BDTBL. The way I see it is any displays would have to be fan lead with the club getting on board to provide areas of the ground where like-minded people could gather, I do see a stumbling block so I’ll ask 2 quite reasonable questions.

Question 1: if you wanted to take part and the club decided that the PUKKA pie corner was to be used (issuing ST’s in that area) would you be prepared to move from your current seat?

Question 2: if you did not want to take part and the club decided that Westfield Corner was to be used and you are a ST holder there, would you move to a different part if the ground to accommodate?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, the whole thing is a non-starter.

UTB

Not read the whole thread so apologies if already discussed.

I’m not at all interested in taking part in any such displays but I’m not against it happening at BDTBL. The way I see it is any displays would have to be fan lead with the club getting on board to provide areas of the ground where like-minded people could gather, I do see a stumbling block so I’ll ask 2 quite reasonable questions.

Question 1: if you wanted to take part and the club decided that the PUKKA pie corner was to be used (issuing ST’s in that area) would you be prepared to move from your current seat?

Question 2: if you did not want to take part and the club decided that Westfield Corner was to be used and you are a ST holder there, would you move to a different part if the ground to accommodate?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, the whole thing is a non-starter.

UTB
Ah, I think we can see exactly the direction this will head……

“Those awful “liberals” (😂😂😂) are not letting us entitled types do whatever the fuck we want to do even if it affects other people!”

Crack on and do it with the op.
You're no different. What have you done to actually make it happen, Mr smalltime.

#BlameSomebodyElse
Slow down John Wayne.
I never said I was going to create a Tifo.
I asked why United supporters and club haven't done anything of creativity.
I suppose there's no actual bond between the two identities, the club see
you all as just folks who'll give them money for a product, a bit like a supermarket
does with it's shoppers.

I did say that i'm bringing a drum though.

Slow down John Wayne.
I never said I was going to create a Tifo.
I asked why United supporters and club haven't done anything of creativity.
I suppose there's no actual bond between the two identities, the club see
you all as just folks who'll give them money for a product, a bit like a supermarket
does with it's shoppers.

I did say that i'm bringing a drum though.
That's what I mean. It's all well and good people saying 'why doesn't somebody do something, they are all boring cunts'.
Men of substance, such as you and JJBlade can initiate it and be the men to make it happen.

It terms of atmosphere, I personally think it will make fuck all difference. Holding up a coloured card before the match doesn't make us into Curva Nord or the Yellow Wall. It's the other stuff that does that.

Holding up a coloured card before the match doesn't make us into Curva Nord or the Yellow Wall. It's the other stuff that does that.
What is the other stuff that turns Bramall Lane into Curva Nord or The Yellow Wall?
That's a huge statement.

I suppose that if you think it doesn't add anything to the atmosphere at a match, you've probably never been in a
stadium when there's a display. But that's okay. The differences in supporters in Scotland and England, but not all
English clubs is that the majority of supporters don't feel a real connection with their club. Enjoy the forthcoming season,
i'm sure they'll be times when there's nowhere in the world with an atmosphere like there is at Bramall Lane.

1686564392757.png
1686564473831.png
1686564513466.png
1686564553918.png

Why can't we just embrace what we are as a fanbase - we're grumpy, northern buggers who don't go in for any of that sort of stuff. The only time we create much of an atmosphere is during periods when we're perceived as underdogs or at moments when we sense injustice. Add to that, Unitedites are a naturally pessimistic bunch. We have a strong passion for the club (that's undeniable), but it's generally in a more understated way. I quite like the way the atmosphere is generated in the Lane in an organic way, not orchestrated by someone with a loud hailer with their back to the action. It's bad enough when Sinclair prompts us to chant.

Why can't we just embrace what we are as a fanbase - we're grumpy, northern buggers who don't go in for any of that sort of stuff. The only time we create much of an atmosphere is during periods when we're perceived as underdogs or at moments when we sense injustice. Add to that, Unitedites are a naturally pessimistic bunch. We have a strong passion for the club (that's undeniable), but it's generally in a more understated way. I quite like the way the atmosphere is generated in the Lane in an organic way, not orchestrated by someone with a loud hailer with their back to the action. It's bad enough when Sinclair prompts us to chant.

Because that's boring as fuck

Given we already have piped music, hotdogs and coca cola, let’s have tifo as well. Maybe face painting, marching bands, aeroplane flypasts? It’ll give us something to do while VAR tries to find a way to stitch us up. How we chuckled at clubs with their fans waving about their mobile phone torches yet here we are with some people advocating we take further steps away from our traditional culture. I know things develop, but Christ on a Bike..

Before I get on board with this plan and show support, how many pubes per ball?

Eight spiky ones, coming out aggressively at 90 degrees to the nutbag's surface. One big and three smaller tributary veins. An unfeasibly large glans, with a four pane window reflection and a meatus ejaculating four huge drops of jism. The whole thing should go from the bottom corner with John Street to top right with the air gap so it looks like it's lobbing it's tatty watter out into the car park. With some choreography, there could be some twitching animation and travel of jizz bolts. All to the tune of GCB.

It'd look brilliant on Sky

pommpey

Given we already have piped music, hotdogs and coca cola, let’s have tifo as well. Maybe face painting, marching bands, aeroplane flypasts? It’ll give us something to do while VAR tries to find a way to stitch us up. How we chuckled at clubs with their fans waving about their mobile phone torches yet here we are with some people advocating we take further steps away from our traditional culture. I know things develop, but Christ on a Bike..
When Wes goes down with an 'injury', can we call a time-out?

Yeah, that’s how we roll. Funny how so many away fans still consistently vote the Lane as one of the best atmospheres…We don’t do gimmicks,.

You really do live in some sort of weird fantasy world if you think that it was the fans who organised the sale of tickets.
They organise themselves to buy them though

But yes, I agree, Sheffield United and selling tickets is not a smooth or good operation

Crack on and do it with the op.
You're no different. What have you done to actually make it happen, Mr smalltime.

#BlameSomebodyElse
That wasn't the issue or the op question.

The question was "Why doesn't it happen at Bramall Lane?"

So it is asking for answers explaining why it doesn't happen, which some of us have given.

Wank fans
Wank City Council
Wank Police Force
Wank club bowing down to the previous two are all reasons, and viable ones.

So it is asking for answers explaining why it doesn't happen, which some of us have given.

Wank fans
Wank City Council
Wank Police Force
So do you think the club should take the police force and the city council on? If so, what does that look like and how do you think it would play out?

What is the other stuff that turns Bramall Lane into Curva Nord or The Yellow Wall?
That's a huge statement.

I suppose that if you think it doesn't add anything to the atmosphere at a match, you've probably never been in a
stadium when there's a display. But that's okay. The differences in supporters in Scotland and England, but not all
English clubs is that the majority of supporters don't feel a real connection with their club. Enjoy the forthcoming season,
i'm sure they'll be times when there's nowhere in the world with an atmosphere like there is at Bramall Lane.

View attachment 162278
View attachment 162279
View attachment 162280
View attachment 162281
Supporter noise is what makes the difference.
Kids at a junior school can hold cards up.
These pictures only imply atmosphere because they are backed up with fan noise.

If you think these cards will make us a fortress that's fine. Not for me.

Wank fans
Wank City Council
Wank Police Force
Wank idea?

I’d sooner we were boring than have all the baggage that comes with what Celtic have, thanks all the same.

Tifo is a big thing in MLS and it is, without exception, crap. It has to be something officially approved which means it’s bland: forget a 50ft by 100ft banner saying ‘Terry Curran sucks cocks in hell’

Wank fans
Wank City Council
Wank Police Force
So you're claiming the above is all true and would prevent our club being able to organise any sort of display, when we already have photo graphic evidence of it actually being done.
Be honest, the only reason you could possibly use at the minute is that it doesn't happen because no one can be arsed to try and they would rather moan while doing sweet fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom