Tifo - Why Not At Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's a significant liberal movement of people in society who are just boring bastards.

Organising a singing section should be simple enough but the ridicule aimed at it was enough to stop anyone.
I’m not sure political leaning suggests if people will or won’t like flags/banners etc.

I can think of loads of “lefty liberal” leaning clubs that do this, many of which are very famous for it.

In our case, it’s more to do with a lot of local people not liking change, rather than politics.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
A set of fans that basically haven't got a solitary ounce of brotherhood between them organising something like that.

Some cunt would want to cause a fight because before the game starts he likes to read the adverts around the stand and dribble, and he can't see them
If I created a list of fans who fit that bill, you’d top it every time.

You literally hate everything about the club and its’ fans.

Fuck tifos, weerz BLUT singing section?

Got shot down by the forum gatekeepers who took a break from enjoying the essence of each other's farts for long enough to type twattish disparagements on the internet.

Having said that, if people want a singing section they should just do it rather than asking for approval.

I’d just rather we concentrated on having a good season on the pitch, with some decent signings and the development of the Academy.
Leave the choreographed, poncey card turning bollocks to someone else like Forest or Tottenham.

If we must, can’t we just get some balloons and a big flag like in 94?
Posts like this always make me smile. As if it’s one or the other. The whole club spending all summer on a Tifo and the season starts with no signings and the academy building on fire. 😅

This isn't a comment for or against but one point that seems to have been missed is that with European 'tifos' a key ingredient is a significant chunk of tongue-in-cheek / pantomime / satire.

For example, Inter. Yes they've gone out of their way and dedicated hundreds of hours making a banner that teases Milan and Juve for playing in Serie B while Inter have never.

In short, it's doesn't generally take itself too seriously and good luck importing any idea to England that involves not taking yourself seriously.

It's not intimidating - that rules out a good portion of fans right off the bat.

It's mostly just a bit of fun - christ, FUN, at a football match? Like, to enjoy it? Only a woke liberal snowflake could conceive of such a fluffy idea.

If I created a list of fans who fit that bill, you’d top it every time.

You literally hate everything about the club and its’ fans.

At least I don't whinge and complain when kids try to have fun and generate an atmosphere (in vain). They can't, because of a more than normal bunch of middle aged pricks who've forgotten what used to go on at football matches when they were young.

In my younger years, i was a frequent attendee of Fiorentina games, and they could put on a decent display on the curva fiesole. Nothing OTT and as ambitious as the Milan or Rome clubs, but still impressive. It is something that i did wonder could be done at BDTBL.

image.jpg

Fiorentina-Firenze.jpg

Fiorentina.jpg

Curva-Fiesole-compleanno.jpg
You'd think the cards could be re-used for these types of displays. Good value for money.

I think it's quite cool. Non-essential obviously, but quite cool.

Not for me thanks.
A) I want my football atmosphere to be authentic and spontaneous- not contrived. BDTBL should be hostile and nasty and unwelcoming but the best version of ourselves, not something we’ve seen on social media and tried to copy.
B) United being United we’d do it poorly and it would be shit.
Yes, it would be done badly

50 year old smashes 16 year old on the back of the head because he can't see the team warm up

Not because he's just a fucking animal of course, but because he's justified as he's paid for a ticket and deserves to see everything

At what point should I announce I'm bringing a drum? Front Row, Tony Currie stand. Any concerns, contact the club.

1686522423218.png

Posts like this always make me smile. As if it’s one or the other. The whole club spending all summer on a Tifo and the season starts with no signings and the academy building on fire. 😅
Ok I’ll clarify, I don’t see it as one or the other.

What I want to see is the club hold their own in the Premier League, make some good signings whilst investing in the Academy in a way that will benefit the first team in its ambitions to become an established member of the best league in the world.

I don’t see that any wanky fucking hand held mosaic pattern held aloft for thirty seconds by the kop, will benefit the club in that endeavour. So to clear up any ambiguity, you can shove your fucking ‘Tifo’ where the sun don’t shine 🤨

At least I don't whinge and complain when kids try to have fun and generate an atmosphere (in vain). They can't, because of a more than normal bunch of middle aged pricks who've forgotten what used to go on at football matches when they were young.
You whinge and complain about everything our club and fans do.

It’s PC gone mad.

What would someone at the club do? Lay bits of paper out?

Why couldn’t supporters if they were that bothered?
I’ve emailed the operations manager at United about it (flags on the Kop etc) before and he came back with a load of shite which translated as “fuck that can’t be arsed”.

You whinge and complain about everything our club and fans do.
Yes, it's great fun taking the piss, a small time club with a very large bunch of small time twats supporting us that are so bored with their hum drum lives that they'd rather fight with anybody that tries to do anything more than siddarn and shurrup

Yes, it's great fun taking the piss, a small time club with a very large bunch of small time twats supporting us that are so bored with their hum drum lives that they'd rather fight with anybody that tries to do anything more than siddarn and shurrup
No mirrors in your house then.

I’ve seen plenty of whinging about it, but little in the way of actual blockages to anyone starting some tifo/singing?
From reading this thread, it seems to be the liberals, who are preventing the snowflakes from doing it.

Basically this.
IMG_8539.jpeg

It's the fans that arrange and pay for tifos, not the club.

Celtics full stadium tifo last week cost £23,000 and was paid for by various supporters groups who make regular contributions to the fund

Considering that Celtic have these massive tifos on at least five occasions per season, the fans have to be extremely well organised and dedicated to putting on a show and having fun

Ours can't even organise themselves to sell out a relatively small allocation for a Wembley FA Cup semi final

I’m not sure political leaning suggests if people will or won’t like flags/banners etc.

I can think of loads of “lefty liberal” leaning clubs that do this, many of which are very famous for it.

In our case, it’s more to do with a lot of local people not liking change, rather than politics.
Well, that's what I actually meant. I just worded it different, or wrong.

Ours can't even organise themselves to sell out a relatively small allocation for a Wembley FA Cup semi final
You really do live in some sort of weird fantasy world if you think that it was the fans who organised the sale of tickets.

Crack on and do it with the op.
You're no different. What have you done to actually make it happen, Mr smalltime.

#BlameSomebodyElse

A lovely dose of irony here. You’ve just come across as the Uber Snowflake in that post, Ainsley 😂😂
Why? I wasn't involved in it. As soon as something even remotely suggested to improve the dull atmosphere at Lane is banded about it's shot down. Can't have anyone making noise can we?

Back
Top Bottom