Tifo - Why Not At Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Personally not a fan of the more continental type fan culture. It's theirs and good for them but ours is fine as it is and should be encouraged to be louder etc. Give every seat a scarf that's just red and white stripes would look great in the winter with thousands of them held up for GCB
Wouldn't that end up looking continental?

We have too many weak-assed liberal supporters who won't have anything spoil their enjoyment of the game, whether the tifo would improve the atmosphere or not. Post #3 explains it better.
You believe there is a significant liberal movement who target football fan behaviour at the Lane?
You’re starting to stretch beyond parody.
If folk want to organise something crack on and do it instead of blaming everyone else including the club for your own ineptitude.
They shouldn’t organise a singing section FFS and all they needed was 50-60 of them within a few seats of each other, so something as per the above will clearly be beyond them.

In my younger years, i was a frequent attendee of Fiorentina games, and they could put on a decent display on the curva fiesole. Nothing OTT and as ambitious as the Milan or Rome clubs, but still impressive. It is something that i did wonder could be done at BDTBL.

image.jpg

Fiorentina-Firenze.jpg

Fiorentina.jpg

Curva-Fiesole-compleanno.jpg

First home match back in the EPL.
Bring your walking sticks, hearing aids, slippers, woollen rugs, flasks and any
orthopaedic devices to create the Tony Currie Stand Tifo. MC Sinclair will be
spinning the '78s pre match and for those hard of hearing, a T-Service will be
provided for your pleasure. To create a unique atmosphere, pipe-tobacco will be allowed
and the latest scores will be updated by Captain Blade putting the wooden numbers next
to the fixtures in your matchday programme.

At the next home game, watch out for the Zeppelin overhead flying Bramall Lane.

Agreed.

I realise that I'm probably living in the wrong city to be saying this, but can we not make our own culture and stop copying others so we can look good on social bastard media?

People just seem to want more to tiktok.
Agreed

We’d have to pay someone to design it, then overlay the seating plan, manufacture, cut into 10000 pieces, pay people to lay them out, then collect them after game - all for what benefit?
So we look good on instagram?
For a club that’s re-employing John Fleck, that’s a lot of money

It’s something I think Spurs may do in their euthanasia bowl, but we’re a gritty northern club, a meat raffle with a pigs dick thrown in if we’re winning at half times enough

I’d just rather we concentrated on having a good season on the pitch, with some decent signings and the development of the Academy.
Leave the choreographed, poncey card turning bollocks to someone else like Forest or Tottenham.

If we must, can’t we just get some balloons and a big flag like in 94?

Not for me thanks.
A) I want my football atmosphere to be authentic and spontaneous- not contrived. BDTBL should be hostile and nasty and unwelcoming but the best version of ourselves, not something we’ve seen on social media and tried to copy.
B) United being United we’d do it poorly and it would be shit.

Just had it on good authority that the club have acquired the services of
'The Senior Blades' for all things tifo related...

1686500320924.png

Waste of time as too many of our fans can't be arsed to get to their seat before 10 minutes in. A pint of shit lager will be a much bigger pull than creating a better atmosphere and spectacle.
Nowt finer than seeing someone walking up the gangway with a £5 hot dog while we’re on the attack towards the Kop end. And as for the mass exodus on 37 mins for god knows what, don’t get me started. WTFM.

Before I get on board with this plan and show support, how many pubes per ball?
I s'pose if we were being traditional, it was around 5 each, rather like a pair of old, balding men rather than too anatomically correct.

We have too many weak-assed liberal supporters who won't have anything spoil their enjoyment of the game, whether the tifo would improve the atmosphere or not. Post #3 explains it better.
You clearly don't understand that this isn't the US and people like Thatcher and Boris are deemed liberal. I suggest you stop having your language influenced by US political discourse 🤷‍♂️

Not for me thanks.
A) I want my football atmosphere to be authentic and spontaneous- not contrived. BDTBL should be hostile and nasty and unwelcoming but the best version of ourselves, not something we’ve seen on social media and tried to copy.

The trouble is most of the time it's neither

Does no one else remember the attempt at a tifo before the Forest play off game at home two seasons ago? I fully feel like I’ve imagined it because no one ever mentions it in these discussions

I s'pose if we were being traditional, it was around 5 each, rather like a pair of old, balding men rather than too anatomically correct.
Gtfo. Anything more or less than three per ball is an abomination. And there should be a dotted line emanating from the crown too.

The reason I'm quieter than I was 20 years ago is because I'm 20 years older. It'll happen to you crazy anti- establishment non-conformist Internet crazies too.

Not good enough, sorry. You should watch football the way other people want you to watch it. Otherwise you have no right to be anywhere near the ground.

Please see all the other threads in which you’ve already been told this many times over.

I expected better of you. Tut.

Back
Top Bottom