4 left for Baggies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

strange figure, in premier league it was 2,996, nowadays it is 2,750 maximum, so how they got to that daft figure.
All teams get a maximum of 2,750. It used to be 2,996 but we've got additional segregation now. There are 4 blocks in the BLLT and I would imagine that 2,035 is the total for blocks 1 and 2 with the remaining 700-odd tickets being in the smaller blocks 3 and 4 being the towards the Laver stand.

West brom will have been able to have the full 2.7k if they wanted it, obviously being midweek they just requested a smaller allocation which I presume they haven't sold anyway. Preston have 2.7k on Saturday.

The stadium doesn't hold 32k any more. We lost around 1,000 seats the last time we got promoted.

In the Warnock 2007 season in the PL.
Our last match to Wigan Athletic was an official sell out days before the match.....official attendance 32,605.

A few years later in 2020 under Wilder we played Man Utd.
That match was also officially sold out a few days before the match and was our highest crowd of that season....official attendance 32,024.

Don't think anything has changed since we were last in the PL 2 seasons ago, so would suspect our capacity is still around the 32,024 mark.
Although when we played Sheff Wed a few seasons earlier, those matches were also official sell outs
and the attendances at the Sheffield derbies at the Lane were 31,120 and 30,261 (think the away end was restricted down to 2,100)

So I think SAG make it up as they go along, however it is noticeable that when the PL come along then SAG roll over and lose their restrictions power.
In the Premier League our capacity is 32,000, outside the Premier League SAG love netting and restrict capacity down to a max of 31,000.

Last edited:
Looking at the number of restricted view seats on the John Street corner, could it be a solution to trial any future safe standing here? It might make it more attractive for people to go on there, plus it’d be easier to police who can and can’t go in there. It’s also next to the Kop, so could just be an extension of the “atmosphere” created there already.

I can’t properly recall how restricted the view is up there, as it’s years since I last sat there, but surely being stood up would help?
I suggested that on the "email from the club" thread. It could be done with virtually no disruption - there must only be about 1500 seats on that corner stand. At the same time I wondered if that corner could be integrated into the kop too, so the entrance is from the kop not the JSS.

I suggested that on the "email from the club" thread. It could be done with virtually no disruption - there must only be about 1500 seats on that corner stand. At the same time I wondered if that corner could be integrated into the kop too, so the entrance is from the kop not the JSS.
Yeah it ticks all the boxes, doesn’t it!? Would be by far the easiest place to implement it in the ground in an area that’s massively under utilitised.

I think the capacity is about 7/800 from memory, so it’d be a good amount to trial for any future, larger safe standing areas.

Ive just counted (Im a Saddo I know!) and there are 60 seats available in total on the kop and kop corner. Get em while you can!

79 left, all single seats( apart from restricted view in the kop corner)

Looking at the number of restricted view seats on the John Street corner, could it be a solution to trial any future safe standing here? It might make it more attractive for people to go on there, plus it’d be easier to police who can and can’t go in there. It’s also next to the Kop, so could just be an extension of the “atmosphere” created there already.

I can’t properly recall how restricted the view is up there, as it’s years since I last sat there, but surely being stood up would help?
Unless they fall over that high wall.

Yes good idea,the JS corner was originally territory of the Kop anyway...should be returned and made into a standing area.

West Brom match virtually sold out to home fans.
Only 35 tickets left, all restricted view in the Kop corner stand.

Someone on the WBA Facebook page, said they haven't even sold 1000 for this game, which is really poor when they still have a chance of reaching the play-offs.
With a poorly attended away end, then tonights attendance should around 30K, probably just under.

Last edited:
Only 2 left now - when 25 mins ago it said there were 30 odd. Something clearly not right at the TO

Only 2 left now - when 25 mins ago it said there were 30 odd. Something clearly not right at the TO
Must be people waking up early and buying them on line.

Note: There's also only 4 tickets left for the Preston match, all restricted view in the Kop corner stand.
Although for some reason they still have't made for sale the 750 tickets SAG restricted tickets in the Kop.

Must be people waking up early and buying them on line.

Note: There's also only 4 tickets left for the Preston match, all restricted view in the Kop corner stand.
Although for some reason they still have't made for sale the 750 tickets SAG restricted tickets in the Kop.
They said they were waiting to see how tonight goes. Which is a bit pointless tbh. As it’s then going to be tomorrow afternoon at the earliest that a decision is made - so, less than 48 hours before kick off.

I've seen this happening all season

For a week before the game one particular area might have one single seat left, only for that area to have 100 empty seats when the match is on.

John Street for example might have every area shaded in pink (ie sold out) but then have at least 200 empty seats when you get in the stadium.

So don't be surprised when there are noticeable empty seats scattered about all over the place regardless of what the website says.

It's now 29 tickets (all restricted view) left in the Kop corner stand.

I reckon it might be a case of when people view available individual seats, then it takes that seat off sale for a few minutes.
Then once the booking widow time limit expires, then those seats are back on sale again.

I have a ticket available on South Stand - will accept £30. PM me.

The club really need to get a better grip on selling tickets. 17 have now become available in the South Stand, days after it'd sold out.

My mate wanted one here, but as it was sold out, had to buy one in BLUT.

I'm sure this same pattern will repeat for Saturday with people missing out/having to sit somewhere they don't want to, only for seats to then come up. We need to get better at selling them in the PL where demand will be even higher.

It is strange, every few hours they seem to release another 20 tickets or so, makes it all very confusing
But better than having empty seats I guess when the demand is there

It is strange, every few hours they seem to release another 20 tickets or so, makes it all very confusing
But better than having empty seats I guess when the demand is there
If they just put the fuckers on sale they'd have been sold out days ago

They are a bunch of twats with no regard for the plans that fans have to make to get to games

Very strange our ticket selling and many were blaming the FA for semi's when it's home games aswell.

Back
Top Bottom