George Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Baldock gives us alot overall.

When on form he's great. Driven, direct and aggressive.
But it's that workrate and aggression that can carry him through. Make no bones about it, he could have seen a yellow first and 2nd half. But he didn't.

We miss him as an option when he's out. Bogle is excellent and has the skills and unpredictable side to his game. But having both of them means we can change things a bit in that wide right position. It's actually something we've not had the opportunity to do nearly all season really. Not properly.

Been out a while. Against the side he supports and even goes to games in their kit in some no nonsense challenges and set the attitude for the night. Absolutely brilliant hour or so from him all things considered.
That little bit of hand bags with their 14 on the touch line was always going to end one way… just wait for the right ball and crunch him. 50-50 which their lad bottled and tried to back out of… the classic way to get hurt in a tackle. Sure enough 14 was hobbling for the rest of the half and never gave George a problem for the rest of the game. Job done

Should start RCB on Saturday

Perfect preparation playing 60 mins against Perisic and Son

View attachment 155008

Did Furious George get lucky here? Not that I think it was a red but had there have been VAR then this would’ve had a second look I think.
That’s how to tackle, the sight of it actually gets the crowd going. Unfortunately it’s gradually getting eradicated from the game especially in the PL. It was actually great refereeing and was one of many good decisions he made, by far the best ref I’ve seen at the Lane in a very long time. Totally different to that little turd Stroud we had against Watford who wanted it all to be about him.

As said, I don’t think it’s a red but I guarantee there will be people in the game arguing it should’ve been - it’s the slight studs followthrough above the shinpad that would be the claim.
I did notice that for 3-4 minutes immediately afterwards, we got nothing. Almost as if the ref had been told in his ear he’d got it wrong.

If there was VAR it would have been a red i guarantee it.

(Probably rightly so in this day and age... not that I agree with how it's become tho)

View attachment 155008

Did Furious George get lucky here? Not that I think it was a red but had there have been VAR then this would’ve had a second look I think.
It’s a classic example of the spurs number 14 going in half heartedly. The sort of tackle your coach in kids football would bollock you for as when you pull out like that you get hurt.

Get stuck in and you don’t get hurt

Lundstram vs Brighton wasn't a red but VAR gave that.

Referee was pretty good on Wednesday.

As said, I don’t think it’s a red but I guarantee there will be people in the game arguing it should’ve been - it’s the slight studs followthrough above the shinpad that would be the claim.
Yes, mainly on Porktalk, where somebody reckoned George should have had three red cards, although PT doesn’t really count as in the game.

He is aiming for the ball, he gets the ball, he is then clearly trying to pull his legs round to the left to avoid hitting the player but has to much momentum to completely avoid contact. And Spurs player is rolling around like a diving cunt

View attachment 155008

If the game was at spurs and George makes that tackle a good tackle in my opinion VAR he sees red. You can't get away with them with VAR.

The best bit was Perisic taking down his sock and showing his leg to the referee not a mark on it. I though these Croations were made of sterner stuff ... UTB

With VAR it is probably a red that even if George is trying to pull his leg away.

While it was completely unintentional, if VAR had been in operation Baldock would have been sent off. No two ways about it.

View attachment 155046
A freeze frame always makes these things look worse.

I'm not sure it was even a foul (IMO).
1. he got the ball
2. he didn`t go in over the of of the ball, quite the opposite, his foot was striking the ball from the ground up
3. in his follow through he has caught the player - but is trying to withdraw is leg - he could have left his leg in there and guaranteed wiping the other player out.

Isn't it true that he's never had a red card in his career?

Quite impressive if so

Said elsewhere but the game is over for them soon as he makes that challenge and ref doesn't buy the rolling about bollocks.
Suddenly realised it was going to be a mans game and not a Premier League pussy fest and they didn't want any part of it.

A freeze frame always makes these things look worse.

I'm not sure it was even a foul (IMO).
1. he got the ball
2. he didn`t go in over the of of the ball, quite the opposite, his foot was striking the ball from the ground up
3. in his follow through he has caught the player - but is trying to withdraw is leg - he could have left his leg in there and guaranteed wiping the other player out.
Put the Blades specs away. He's caught Peresic halfway up the shin with his studs showing. It's a red card because it would be viewed as reckless.

Fixed that for you - no way a Man U/Man C player gets sent off for that challenge

It's not exactly the same but Joao Felix got a red card for a similar level of contact on Kenny Tete when Chelsea played at Fulham.

yes with var that would have been a red but love baldock weve got the best of both worlds with him and bogle baldock better defender bogle better attacker would be very interesting if both played down that right flank

yes with var that would have been a red but love baldock weve got the best of both worlds with him and bogle baldock better defender bogle better attacker would be very interesting if both played down that right flank
Can we splice then together and get the best of both worlds?

Back
Top Bottom