CONFIRMED Will Lankshear --> Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Someone said we’d had a big offer for him the other day

Would be disappointing if true, but money talks and if he's from down that neck of the woods it would be difficult for United to stand in his way at that age. If Utd have got £2m for a pup which all goes back into the kitty (maybe a first team loan or funding s permanent this season) then so be it.

As I said, disappointing though but such is life. Good luck to the young man. He's done alreight for us.

That's a shame but if he's paid for the pitches to be relaid then that's a successful transfer all round..wonder if it means we can get another loan in?!

That's a shame but if he's paid for the pitches to be relaid then that's a successful transfer all round..wonder if it means we can get another loan in?!
If there’s any of the fee to be reinvested I’d rather it went on bringing in some more academy prospects.

It's a good offer for a lad that's a long way off the first team (7th choice??). He may turn out to be anything from another Jordan Slew to another DCL and it will be interesting to see how he develops.

If it enables PH to either hold onto or recruit others to the benefit of the club then it has to be seen as the right decision.

Well it will be 3 or 4 years and then he may get a loan to a League 1 or Championship Club Be a long time for the add ons to come in

If there’s any of the fee to be reinvested I’d rather it went on bringing in some more academy prospects.

Really? If we go up then we have £100 million+ to reinvest in stuff like that.
We will find out in a few years time if we were right to take the money

Yeah could be another Jacob Mellis who we sold for £1million last seen at Leatherhead...

Or could be a DCL style pants down 🤷‍♂️

I’ve only seen him a couple of times for the u21s which isn’t enough to judge really but I’m disappointed. I don’t think there’s much we could do but nevertheless, I’m not happy.

I'm not sure he'd signed a pro deal as was only 17 so it's really hard as bigger clubs can offer him a deal the same as we can. Not sure what the club can do if a big club offers him a huge deal that blows anything we can offer out if the water? Happens all over. Way football works. Just a case of getting the best money we can.

Really? If we go up then we have £100 million+ to reinvest in stuff like that.

Yeah could be another Jacob Mellis who we sold for £1million last seen at Leatherhead...

Or could be a DCL style pants down 🤷‍♂️
I’m not talking big fees of 6 figures as I don’t think much will be available to reinvest but a little bit

It will be at Spurs

Dont Feed The Troll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

EddieColquhoun reckons his pathway was blocked... seems legit

Dont buy that but guesswork from me.

Osula and Jebbo are going to be with the first team or on loan so not sure what other strikers at u21 level we have? There's a few dotting around (Williams, Ayari, Gaixha still here but none seem as free scoring or a natural CF?).

Lankshear seemed the natural one to get more games at u21 (reserv level) regularly this seaso . He will be back with the u18s at Spurs you'd reckon now so another season of Academy football, with the talent/squad they have ahead of him.

He will of course benefit from better facilities and possibly coaching (to be debated) but like most football moves it will be down to finances you'd reckon and can't knock the lad/family as move back home but he's not going to have an easier pathway to 'mens' football at a Premier League top 4 side than us or any other Champ side?

This will sound really negative and I don't mean it to do so, but here goes...

If this 17yo is worth £2m, why hasn't he been near the first team ahead of Jebbo and Osula, even in the League Cup ?
He’s not. They’re paying £1m up front and £1m in performance related add ons. £1m is peanuts for Spurs. I think Everton offered £5m for Jebbo but we turned that down.

Back
Top Bottom