Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gutted for the lad. He was starting to look like the player we'd hoped we'd bought. Fingers crossed that he's back soon.

He's scored 3 goals in his last 6 matches, and 3 in his last 5 starts (excluding today), including 2 match winners.

Is it the same hamstring as last time?
Originally they said his previous hamstring injury was long term but that Brewster had healed really quickly ahead of schedule (some speel about some players having good genes or summet)

Has that damn physio done a JOC v2.0 on us again and brought him back too early when he actually hadn't fully recovered???

Originally they said his previous hamstring injury was long term but that Brewster had healed really quickly ahead of schedule (some speel about some players having good genes or summet)

Has that damn physio done a JOC v2.0 on us again and brought him back too early when he actually hadn't fully recovered???
Just seen it is the same leg but they are waiting for the scan to see if it's in the same place.

Hard to know if he came back too soon as its not like it happened in his first match back. However what is clear is hes gotna weakness in that leg.

Just seen it is the same leg but they are waiting for the scan to see if it's in the same place.

Hard to know if he came back too soon as its not like it happened in his first match back. However what is clear is hes gotna weakness in that leg.
from the tv replays he didn't pull up immediately after he put the cross in but the first/second step after, hopefully and it might be clutching at straws but that's good news

Typical. Just when the lad was looking like we all expected when we brought him in, a real threat, he goes and gets injured

The Gods are looking down on us, but aint smiling

If it were a tear then he wouldn't have been walking around the pitch as well as he was afterwards. Did mine a few years ago and it was absolute agony 😄 Hopefully just a strain and him playing it a bit safe.

Bit of praise for just him as a bloke was clearly incredibly frustrated and gutted to be coming off after really hitting a vein of from but he managed to deal with those emotions and still give his shirt to a youngster in the crowd. Showed a good level of maturity and I’m sure made a young blades night nice touch Rhian

You have to give him credit for his mental strength as well. After last season where he was bought for a huge fee to score goals and ended up playing in a team that isolated him up front and if he was lucky, he got a ball to chase every 30 minutes or so. He then had the pressure from the media and his own fans, let alone the opposition, to contend with. He then started this season playing in a system that nobody understood. Finally we play positive, aggressive football and he scores a couple of goals , gains some confidence and he looks like the player we expected. A lot of other players might have been broken by the past 18 months. He could have taken the easy option, taken his salary for 5 years and tossed it off, so credit to the guy. I hope he becomes the striker we need and look back on his career when it ended, as successful

If it were a tear then he wouldn't have been walking around the pitch as well as he was afterwards. Did mine a few years ago and it was absolute agony 😄 Hopefully just a strain and him playing it a bit safe.

Hecky said Brewster felt his hamstring. So it may have all been a precaution rather than anything too serious.

I am glad we signed him on a 5 year contract because the first year was a complete waste of time ! The guy is looking good because (like I always said ) play him up front for a period and he will score ! He does look to have a great footballing brain too , his link up play and his runs have improved massively under Hecky who deserves big praise for the turnaround, let’s hope he can weave his magic on Berge too !
As ever UTB !

Looks a player. Great footballing brain.
Really....improving but hardly a “footballing brain’ , for the past 12 months he’s been the polar opposite....
Credit where it’s due though - getting better....hope he doesn’t become a crock...

20+ goals this season if he stays injury free.

Looks really lean mean and fit

Need 15 - 20 goals out of him this season, we can’t rely on Billy to play all the games especially as the ludicrous World Cup break is going to mean a lot more Saturday / Tuesday weeks of fixtures

Does anyone know if he’s close to full fitness? It’d be great if he’s ready to start at the beginning of the season

Need 15 - 20 goals out of him this season, we can’t rely on Billy to play all the games especially as the ludicrous World Cup break is going to mean a lot more Saturday / Tuesday weeks of fixtures

We really can't rely on Billy to do it all again. We could do with a striker on loan.

I think I remember it being about 40m. Liverpool aren't spending that on him even if he hits 30 this season.

Back
Top Bottom