Brewster and McBurnie Charged

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bit of an expert on this……not the law but knowing how to be a cunt. This screams cunt decision at the loudest levels. Especially when Rhian and Oli voluntarily engaged with the police.

As for the Forrest fans who are revelling in this, we’ll they can all go finger there dads. Bunch of cunts

Seems that theres a much wider issue of Police considering appeasement in this country at the moment. Do they stop and think with each case which will cause them the least hassle and then take that route, rather than upholding the law
Agree entirely. They concentrate on those cases where the local community and Police Crime Commissioners shout the loudest. You see it day to day in their twitter accounts.

Not legally minded but surely there are laws or laws that take into account where any given citizen has the right to self defence?

and thats where this should start and finish.
the more i think of it that where it should finish. because hypothetical say they did something. because from what im assuming is a highly edited video it was inconclusive because we came in halfway through

it would be similar to driving down the motorway at 90mph. a car manufacturer being at fault for a car failure & the driver sustained a broken leg. if you sue the car manufacturer they just turn around & say why were you driving 20mph over the speed limit. drive at 70mph this wouldnt have happened

and thats where this should start and finish.
Yes I agree with that . How can they be in the wrong when they are confronted by a mob breaking the law by being there in the first place. They must have been nervous being confronted by a couple of hundred idiots running to get at them surely they had a right to defend themselves and their team mates. All they have to do is tell the courts they were worried about their safety and the safety of others as the assault on Billy proves. In this day and age when stabbings seems to be a every day happening how can anyone dispute their right of self defence. If any one wants charging it should be Notting Forest also the police them selves should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves why they allowed the invasion to take place in the first place. Everyone it seems apart from them knew what was going to happen . There should have been an announcement at half time warning fans they would be dealt with severely and banned for 10 years if caught invading the pitch and the club should uphold the ban without exception. It's just a matter of time when some idiot will do serious damage to a player or even worse it must be stopped now.

the more i think of it that where it should finish. because hypothetical say they did something. because from what im assuming is a highly edited video it was inconclusive because we came in halfway through

it would be similar to driving down the motorway at 90mph. a car manufacturer being at fault for a car failure & the driver sustained a broken leg. if you sue the car manufacturer they just turn around & say why were you driving 20mph over the speed limit. drive at 70mph this wouldnt have happened
I’d say it’s simpler than that. Someone comes into your place of work and runs riot… they shouldn’t be surprised when a worker twats them. If that’s indeed what happened

Just play the video in court of Cloughie giving a fan a clip back in the 80/90’s as a precedent

There must be some cctv that have the players bang to rights doing something. But whatever that something is has to have been done in self defence.

Maybe a few questions to Notts police and the PCC about how many pitch invaders have been charged and how the enquiry to identify the law breakers is progressing?

There must be some cctv that have the players bang to rights doing something. But whatever that something is has to have been done in self defence.
Self defence is for the court to decide although CPS should assess this in their decision making before authorisation of charges as I understand it.

Just hope we dont meet them in a cup or there will be a right ruckus.

How long until first player is punched by a fan this season then? My money is on first weekend, police and football authorities seem to have no desire to get a grip of the situation.

Notts Police (and SYP) were both named as Police forces who in some cases haven't solved a burglary case in over 12years! Seems like instead of going after footballers on nonsense like this they could actually do their jobs.

Self defence is for the court to decide although CPS should assess this in their decision making before authorisation of charges as I understand it.
I know it’s for the court to decide, everyone knows that. But unless the players have just attacked random fans for no reason it will be in self defence and I’m sure that will be proven in court.

Banning forest fans from the lane for future matches will just cause further issues as I'm pretty sure quite a few forest would just get tickets in our end
Those approaches can be a bit tit for tat but to reduce the allocation by putting a big band of covered seats around forest fans would be a very visual way of making the point.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I was sat on my hands in the home end for the BL game. but I'd be with with couple of blades and it should be OK because I'm not a twat and I know enough about sheffield united to have a reasonable conversation.

Just want to avoid large numbers buying tickets and being nobs there. Surely existing points processes and buying history should just be applied to our games from now on?

" A man who is attacked or believes that he is about to be attacked may use such force as is both necessary and reasonable in order to defend himself."

Thousands of opposition fans illegally encroaching onto the pitch, a player publicly stating they feared for their lives amid police indifference coupled with a violent assault on the skipper all seem valid reasons for believing you are also about to be attacked.

On the face of it, I'd say its fair fucks to OM and RB. Not watched any footage other than some dipsticks iPhone clip saying 'he's kicked him' or some nonsense though to be honest.

I am not a fighter but if 1000 emotionally fired up people piled into my office I would feel pretty intimidated and be on super high alert to defend myself. I think 1000s of people breaking the law in the environment as it was at the city ground has to be mitigating circumstances. Assuming nothing more sinister, I hope they defend it and win to be honest with you.

I know what you are saying about legal action against forest but by that rationale, could network rail sue a football club, could wetherspoon etc etc?
Don’t understand the point about Network Rail / Wetherspoons
Forest are responsible for ensuring good order & making appropriate H&S arrangements in THEIR jurisdiction
If Network Rail or Wetherspoons failed to make appropriate / necessary / arrangements to prevent / minimise ((risk of) injury or harm to their ‘customers’ they would be open to (potential) litigation.
The crucial issue is /will be : could NF have reasonably anticipated events ? (ticket allocation @ t’Lane suggests yes)
AND
Did NF take all reasonable steps to prevent / avoid the invasion (‘informed’ by arrangements before & information / intelligence after 1st leg -ie reports of ‘disorder afore (during (?)after
AND
Could NF has reasonably anticipated players being assaulted
AND (almost separate) could / should / did the players ‘contribute’ (!?!) to the incident(s) & could they have behaved in a(ny) different manner to avoid / prevent / minimise the ‘outcome’
Hard to envisage that charges levelled purely on the 10 second ‘video’ - assume someone (pitch invader !) has complained that RB & OMcB ‘ misbehaved

Banning forest fans from the lane for future matches will just cause further issues as I'm pretty sure quite a few forest would just get tickets in our end

It’s almost impossible for away fans to get tickets in our end. Even neutrals can’t buy tickets.

You need to be registered and have a prior ticket buying history.

Not legally minded but surely there are laws or laws that take into account where any given citizen has the right to self defence?

Old Brian Clough must be rolling in his grave. Anyone remember the pitch invasion by Forest fans in the 90’s and Cloughie went on the pitch and man handled his own supporter dragging him off the pitch.

" A man who is attacked or believes that he is about to be attacked may use such force as is both necessary and reasonable in order to defend himself."

Thousands of opposition fans illegally encroaching onto the pitch, a player publicly stating they feared for their lives amid police indifference coupled with a violent assault on the skipper all seem valid reasons for believing you are also about to be attacked.
I'm backing our lads on this all the way but the issue, particularly Mcburnie's it would appear is that stamping on someone, if that's what being alleged will probably be viewed as over and above reasonable and necessary.

Be interesting to see what they’re charged with especially Brewster as all he did was shove someone away
Common assault, which suggests more than self defence.
I would hope that unless there is very clear evidence to the contrary that the magistrates will clear them. However the CPS must have something that none of us has seen.

Back
Top Bottom