Those who are hopeful of a takeover... careful what you wish for

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Burnley deal was ok though as it was assessed by the relevant football authorities and they were deemed to be fit and proper owners.
The more we look at how football governs itself the more we realise how inept they are, although they could allow thugs to access the directors boxes and assault the owners as it seems everything else is fair game.

The Burnley deal was ok though as it was assessed by the relevant football authorities and they were deemed to be fit and proper owners.
The more we look at how football governs itself the more we realise how inept they are, although they could allow thugs to access the directors boxes and assault the owners as it seems everything else is fair game.

If Kevin McCabe was outsmarted by HRH and his legal team, imagine what this lot would have done to him.

I like the Prince and think he runs the financial side pretty well, albeit I think they could be more progressive with signings & planning. However, when we were relegated we had no permanent boss, championship football & large transfer debt.

Pope will go for a decent fee I’d guess and Dwight McNeil was highly sought after but seems to have regressed a bit. Probably a few others for lesser fees but of course they do need a team so can’t sell the lot

The problem is that those monies look like they’re going straight to the lenders.

Pope will go for a decent fee I’d guess and Dwight McNeil was highly sought after but seems to have regressed a bit. Probably a few others for lesser fees but of course they do need a team so can’t sell the lot
Taylor, McNeil are probably the 2 they might get something for. Not sure anyone needs Pope who’d match their valuation

He bought you a pint one day, we know…..

He had no choice, he couldn’t fund it himself anymore after the Aussie deal went tits up.
he bought every blade in la manga a pint that day
he ballsed a lot up but his overall stewardship wasn't catastrophic
we had some good times and the grounds in good nick
he was certainly no Chansiri thank goodness

everyone makes mistakes hes not alone in dropping clangers

Surely the thread should be specifically aimed at a takeover by ALK Capital?

Who's to say another takeover would go the same way?

Also, we never had Sean Dyche so I don't think we can lose him, we aren't in the PL and we have a fair amount of mortgage ourselves to start with so different circumstances entirely.

he bought every blade in la manga pint that day
he ballsed a lot up but his overall stewardship wasnt catastrophic
we had some good times and the grounds in good nick
he was certainly no Chansiri thank goodness

everyone makes mistakes hes not alone in dropping clangers

He certainly wasn’t all bad. I liked him and couldn’t fathom the seemingly amateurish display, both legally and personally, in the court case. ALK looked like a desperation deal.

One thing we should be eternally grateful for is his ticketing price policy, especially for youngsters and the Seniors age of 60. The policy towards kids can be seen in our attendances today.

Let’s not start on his managerial appointments though :)

Cue, he made millions from us, asset stripped us, tortured kittens, wouldn’t kidney punch disabled kids etc comments.

Last edited:
He certainly wasn’t all bad. I liked him and couldn’t fathom the seemingly amateurish display, both legally and personally, in the court case. ALK looked like a desperation deal.

One thing we should be eternally grateful for is his ticketing price policy, especially for youngsters and the Seniors age of 60. The policy towards kids can be seen in our attendances today.

Let’s not start on his managerial points though :)

Cue, he made millions from us, asset stripped us, tortured kittens, wouldn’t kidney punch disabled kids etc comments.
I lalways liked the its going in his back pocket profit claims
and every player we ever sold he took the money idea

never any positive comment when he bought any players to balance any argument though

you look at Chansiris ground improvements of 10 tins of Hammerite and enough new white plastic seats to spell Chansiri and a big tarpaulin

and then look at how bramall lane looked when he came and then when he left

I lalways liked the its going in his back pocket profit claims
and every player we ever sold he took the money idea

never any positive comment when he bought any players to balance any argument though

you look at Chansiris ground improvements of 10 tins of Hammerite and enough new white plastic seats to spell Chansiri
and then look at how bramall lane looked when he came and then when he left
Some pluses with McCabe and some minuses, same to an extent with this guy. Frankly as I said before when the court case dragged the club’s name through the mud I would have been happy to see the back of both of them. That said that would obviously have depended on who came in and under what deal. ALK seem to have been the sort we’re lucky to have avoided.

Taylor, McNeil are probably the 2 they might get something for. Not sure anyone needs Pope who’d match their valuation
And a lot of the older “core” you’d hope would give you stability are also out of contract.
Ben Mee, Jack Cork, Ashley Barnes, Jay Rodriguez, Vydra, Pieters, and Lennon.
They may have options on some and they could be competitive on the free transfers due to being able to offer decent wages, but going to Burnley is going to be a tough sell. Even more so without someone like Dyche who for all his shortcomings had a well earned reputation which could appeal.

Not all clubs think like Sheffield United,
Contrary to popular belief here, it is actually a good idea to have two or more top class players fighting for the same position.
Totally agree assuming that we have the funds, in fact we really should have three.

Is there any difference how ALK bought Burnley & the Prince bought us, we now have a huge debt too??

So how does the debt the Prince got us into differ from Burnley’s?
No mate, you tell us how’s it the same. If you could highlight where he’s borrowed money to purely buy the club and I’ll point out where’s there’s no leveraged buy out.

Not all clubs think like Sheffield United,
Contrary to popular belief here, it is actually a good idea to have two or more top class players fighting for the same position.
Newcastle have a capable back up in Darlow and genuine needs all over their team. All teams should apply resources where they provide the most value, not just sign players based on outdated conventions

But if the Prince want to sell...What can we do but speculate?

No mate, you tell us how’s it the same. If you could highlight where he’s borrowed money to purely buy the club and I’ll point out where’s there’s no leveraged buy out.
Burnley are in debt so are we, a debt where interest is charged, and will have to be repaid at some point, you tell me how that’s different?

Back
Top Bottom