VAR to be used in Championship Play Off's.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If its owt like when we were in Premier League we might aswel finish 7th ffs.

I’m not surprised the responses have been overwhelmingly positive. Five of the six teams in with a shout of finishing in the playoffs have never had VAR completely fuck up their enjoyment of the beautiful game. They’ll learn soon enough.

Calling it now. We finally score a meaningful goal in a playoff final on the big stage, go absolutely bananas and then it gets chalked off on a technicality.

VAR ruins the spontaneous fan experience.
I hear you, but this season I've grown tired of watching teams spontaneously score a goal that shouldn't have stood, winning a penalty that wasn't and having our own valid goals and penalty shouts go the wrong way.

VAR is many things, but it's still better than shit referees.

I hear you, but this season I've grown tired of watching teams spontaneously score a goal that shouldn't have stood, winning a penalty that wasn't and having our own valid goals and penalty shouts go the wrong way.

VAR and shite refs are just like having a double sided coin.

Feels like we'd had more dodgy decisions go against us this season ironically that might have changed with VAR than the other way around e.g. that stonewall pen for MGW vs. Bournemouth comes to mind

I’m not surprised the responses have been overwhelmingly positive. Five of the six teams in with a shout of finishing in the playoffs have never had VAR completely fuck up their enjoyment of the beautiful game. They’ll learn soon enough.
Oh yeah.

They're about to learn that moment a tense match gets a breakthrough with a scrappy goal, you go mad because now you're up aaaaaaaand then wait for 5 minutes.

No goal, play on

Feels like we'd had more dodgy decisions go against us this season ironically that might have changed with VAR than the other way around e.g. that stonewall pen for MGW vs. Bournemouth comes to mind
And Huddersfield's stonewaller...

I think decisions without VAR this season are pretty even for and against. In our PL season with VAR, we had the most decisions go against us in the entire league, and most of them were splitting hair decisions.

I'd normally say fuck VAR.

But it would be typical united to score a last minute winner in our first play off final win and not be able to celebrate as we wait 10 minutes for them to decide if one of bashams pubic hairs was offside. Annoying but we win so I will take it.

VAR and shite refs are just like having a double sided coin.

Which doesn’t solve anything really, but at least with VAR you can actually see the decision, rather than the blindingly obvious fuck ups of one of these…

920F599B-4D53-4E8A-BC20-D747BDC3788A.png

I'd normally say fuck VAR.

But it would be typical united to score a last minute winner in our first play off final win and not be able to celebrate as we wait 10 minutes for them to decide if one of bashams pubic hairs was offside. Annoying but we win so I will take it.
Don’t fret -won’t happen - club have undertaken meticulous preparation
Entire squad have undertaken Brazilian waxing & surgical removal of toe nails

Unfortunately shit referees oversee VAR at times!

Awesome news.
At least we know we won't be robbed of victory due to a shitty decision. Possibly.. 🤔

I never thought I'd want VAR however the non pen against Bournemouth annoyed me more than ANY VAR decision against us in the prem even Lunny's toe nail. The standard of refereeing is getting worse.

So you don't get the take of the referee being able to see slow motion replays from every angle to allow him to overturn a decision he originally got wrong?

VAR has still got some decisions horribly wrong..... I think VAR is just as bad as normal referees.

And Huddersfield's stonewaller...

I think decisions without VAR this season are pretty even for and against. In our PL season with VAR, we had the most decisions go against us in the entire league, and most of them were splitting hair decisions.
But the goal was correctly disallowed so not a stonewaller. It may have been a penalty though.

Back
Top Bottom