Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters
For me the shirt design is something that we can/ should dictate to the manufacturers and we'll get a design that someone in the club will be happy with and they sign it off...

However, the big thing that has been touched on is the quality of the brand. You can have a lovely shirt, but the club relies now on the range. Over the years with Adidas we've extended the range from the kits, to training and leisure wear. This is where adidas have been great, the polo's, the shorts the tech tshirts and tops (inc Hoodies) have all appeared to sell well and the quality of them has been excellent.

Can Errea or other brands deliver a full package like adidas?

If nothing else, at least we'll be linked to some fantastic clubs.

Current Errea Kits in the EFL:

QPR:View attachment 130109Cheltenham: View attachment 130110 Lincoln:View attachment 130111

MK Dons: View attachment 130112Carlisle: View attachment 130113 Crawley:View attachment 130114

Port Vale:View attachment 130115Rochdale:View attachment 130116Walsall:View attachment 130117
There’s not a lot wrong with the Norwich shirts from the last few seasons. We can expect some jazzy away shirts with the club colours utilised. They’re also not shy with one-off shirts mid-season - stuff like that - which is ideal for kit nerds like us. They do Parma’s shirts and released the modern adaptation of Buffon’s first season shirt in a fancy box. I like owt like that.

Anyone who buys Adidas training gear is an idiot, paying an extra 10-15 quid just to get a cheap monochrome blades badge stuck to some standard stock products is barmy.

If you're that desperate to be branded, buy yourself some logos off eBay and stick them to some new Adidas tops next season and you can still get the same experience and the club will still make about as much money from it as they do now

The standard GK shirt was even designed based on his first full season. The one with the box was a limited edition release based on his debut shirt. That is one advantage over having someone like adidas.

79888D82-7965-45A3-A20B-A28CF2D00AF9.jpeg
0549B763-9BC6-4418-94F1-FDE8C969EEA9.jpeg
618CEFE9-E541-4ACF-81B5-636553A24A99.jpeg

For me the shirt design is something that we can/ should dictate to the manufacturers and we'll get a design that someone in the club will be happy with and they sign it off...

However, the big thing that has been touched on is the quality of the brand. You can have a lovely shirt, but the club relies now on the range. Over the years with Adidas we've extended the range from the kits, to training and leisure wear. This is where adidas have been great, the polo's, the shorts the tech tshirts and tops (inc Hoodies) have all appeared to sell well and the quality of them has been excellent.

Can Errea or other brands deliver a full package like adidas?
This is a very shrewd point, and against illustrates the 'whole package' in terms of a professional feel and image around the club.

Errea, just by virtue of being a second/third tier manufacturer by comparison, risks being a bit tinpot.

In the premier League at the moment there is Joma, Castore, Kelme, Hummel and Kappa (and Errea next season...👀👀). Umbro have also come back from obscurity with some great stuff. The monopolies are slowly being broken up and it's refreshing to see.

Can play in an aldi bag if it's got red and white stripes for all I care.

I'm not bothered what strip they play in or who manufacture's it,all i want is the team to play good football and win more games than they lose,hopefully get promoted.

They will all probably be made in the far east in a sweat shop by under pressure youngster's who get paid with a bag of rice.

Adidas know how to charge for their products,dont they.

I see badge snobs (on car forums) mostly,blah blah blah.

This kit is the best,its the painted on version.

Exoman in Florida

Amazing_clips_of_Farm_Girl_Jen_-_YouTube_-_2017-02-03_09.29.31.png

What I will say, is the finish/quality, professional image, reputation and range of Adidas has been spot on. We look like an aspiring PL club whilst wearing such an elite brand.

I won't forget some of their monstrosities though, they have offered us three of our worst ever kits in recent years:

This absolute disaster and complete and utter low point:
GettyImages-504167674.jpg

This complete and utter failure of a kit. WHITE BACKS? Don't get me started again:

egan.jpg

Then, IMO, the worst of the lot. Like 3 kits combined into one, horrendous design and coupled with one of our worst ever seasons. Failure throughout:

GettyImages-1230182524.jpg

It hasn't all been plain sailing.

This is a very shrewd point, and against illustrates the 'whole package' in terms of a professional feel and image around the club.

Errea, just by virtue of being a second/third tier manufacturer by comparison, risks being a bit tinpot.
The club may feel that they get a great deal from a supplier... but if they sign up for 2-4 years, they could make a very expensive error if people just don't buy the gear.

If everyone's still wandering around in adidas gear and kits in 2 years times and we've got another manufacturer, then it doesn't look good. The front of shirt sponsor will also be pissed off if people don't buy the kit with their name on... or we can't demand as high sponsorship deal

This is the kit manufacturer I was alluding to on a previous kit thread. It's been decided for a while but now the cat is out of the bag! One good thing is this should allow the club more control over design.
All the United World clubs (apart from Kerala United at the moment) will be made by Errea.
Sake

The club may feel that they get a great deal from a supplier... but if they sign up for 2-4 years, they could make a very expensive error if people just don't buy the gear.

If everyone's still wandering around in adidas gear and kits in 2 years times and we've got another manufacturer, then it doesn't look good. The front of shirt sponsor will also be pissed off if people don't buy the kit with their name on... or we can't demand as high sponsorship deal

That's a very distinct possibility, on both fronts:

1. Grab the money now, whilst it's needed, being left with an unattractive manufacturer longer-term.

2. People continuing to prefer the better quality Adidas predecessors is all but nailed on, is my guess.

What I will say, is the finish/quality, professional image, reputation and range of Adidas has been spot on. We look like an aspiring PL club whilst wearing such an elite brand.

I won't forget some of their monstrosities though, they have offered us three of our worst ever kits in recent years:

This absolute disaster and complete and utter low point:
View attachment 130123

This complete and utter failure of a kit. WHITE BACKS? Don't get me started again:

View attachment 130124

Then, IMO, the worst of the lot. Like 3 kits combined into one, horrendous design and coupled with one of our worst ever seasons. Failure throughout:

View attachment 130125

It hasn't all been plain sailing.

Mate, that promotion kit is historic. Ironed on, discoloured Ramsdens Sticker, white back, plain arms. But I fucking love it.

My rule of thumb is that I don't buy a home shirt unless it's better than the last one I bought. Haven't bought one for a bit.

If everyone did that the club wouldn't have sold any shirts in 30 years.

KV Mechelen in the Belgian league have had Errea kits on and off since the 1990s. Here's this season's effort:

1644573621709.png

Try to ignore the sheer amount of sponsors on it (the blight of all modern Belgian/Dutch kits) and I'd say it rates as follows:

Stripe count: acceptably high ✅
Stipes on back: YES ✅
Stripes on sleeves: YES ✅

KV Mechelen in the Belgian league have had Errea kits on and off since the 1990s. Here's this season's effort:

View attachment 130126

Try to ignore the sheer amount of sponsors on it (the blight of all modern Belgian/Dutch kits) and I'd say it rates as follows:

Stripe count: acceptably high ✅
Stipes on back: YES ✅
Stripes on sleeves: YES ✅

European shirt sponsorship is disgusting.

European shirt sponsorship is disgusting.
Mechelen have been some of the worst for it for a while! Just looking at this example, the smiley face Telenet logo is on it four times (chest, both sleeves, bottom of the number), the AFAS Software thing three times and and the Golden Palace thing on the front AND back of the shorts. Absolute debacle 🤮

They make it sound like by putting it to tender they're expecting to get a mega bucks deal. I can't imagine the other clubs in United World sell many shirts?

best kit manufacturers for design & quality:

Tier 1: Nike, New Balance
Tier 2: Adidas, Puma
Tier 3: Umbro
Tier 4: Everything else

Very disappointed if we are even considering Errea, looks like it belongs in the lost property bin or a market stall. Wouldn’t go near it personally.

£55 for anything for those top 3 tiers is do-able but wouldnt part with anything like that for anything else.
I have some New Balance under clouts and have to say they are top quality. Provide better support for the undercarriage than any other brand I’ve tried. I will leave you with that image in your head 😀 UTB

Not had a decent adidas home shirt since 2017-18. They couldn't give a toss about what we want and just throw some template rubbish at us which we just have to like it or lump it.

Won't miss them to be honest. Would prefer hummel personally as they also provide individual kits to clubs but at a better level of quality but a move away from the big 3 is fine with me if it means we get an individual kit that is specific to us.

Not had a decent adidas home shirt since 2017-18. They couldn't give a toss about what we want and just throw some template rubbish at us which we just have to like it or lump it.

Won't miss them to be honest. Would prefer hummel personally as they also provide individual kits to clubs but at a better level of quality but a move away from the big 3 is fine with me if it means we get an individual kit that is specific to us.
The first Prem kit was gorgeous

Back
Top Bottom