Get Behind the Blades .... because they're our team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Darthblade

Reaction score
Being a grumpy old bastard I've seen all this before at the Lane, many times, and I'm used to the ups and the downs ...... at least nobody can EVER accuse Blades fans of being glory seekers 😏
I'll be honest and I'm certainly not a happy clapper, Hecky wouldn't have been my first choice, but it could have been worse and at least he knows the U23s very well in addition to to
he first team squad. Hopefully, he can get some of the over-paid wasters that have occupied our first team squad to actually perform somewhere near their capabilities for the first time this season. And I'm going to blindly trust his comments that some will come on the journey and those that can't (or won't) perform will be discarded.

Personally, I would rather see some of the U23s given a chance if the first team squad continue to be largely pathetic. It seems clear that there will have to be sales before purchases but we all knew that really ..... didn't we? This IS United after all. It's just our luck that we're owned by the only poor Saudi Prince and despite his best intentions, he needs more investment into the Club to allow us to push on as he simply hasn't the money to fund it.

But in the meantime let's put aside our frustration, stop arguing with each other, forget the politics, and just back our team and make BDTBL an intimidating atmosphere for visiting teams, referees & linesmen again ..... not our own youngsters on the pitch. I'm not too worried about the underperforming veterans as they should be able to take the flack for their pathetic performances this season and hopefully if Hecky can't "take them on the journey" he will have the balls to drop them and bin them in January.

I shall adopt a glass half-full approach, put on my lucky socks (but perhaps a change of lucky shirt is warranted) and give them all a clean slate on Sunday; even Egan, Olsen (if fit), Fleck (if fit), McBurnie, Brewster, Norwood, McGoldrick, Berger (if fit), and yes .... even Burke 😲

They will have my full and unreserved support as if the season had just started !! ;)

And I invite you all to put on your best Blades (stoic) smile, thank our lucky stars that we were born Blades and not pigs, and roar on the RED & WHITE WIZARDS 👏👏

UTB & FTP

Radical for some 😉

I fully expect a few of the moaning bastards around me to be on various backs tomorrow as usual.

Certainly the abrupt departure of Slav was a surprise, but for those posters who were quick to say that the Blades are a laughing stock - or an embarrassment- I've seen no evidence of this. Apart from the local media the national press hardly mentioned it at all. For instance, in Friday's Metro Hecky's appointment was in a small 'news in brief' section. The media are much more concerned with the goings-on at Man U or Spurs. The Blades, I'm afraid are just a footnote these days.

I fully expect a few of the moaning bastards around me to be on various backs tomorrow as usual.

Well, yeah. Why not?

Since the start of last season, this squad, largely unchanged, has played like a shower of Chad Valley 'Striker' players where you press their fucking heads and they kick the ball, largely aimlessly. They've been that bad. Wilder being unable to change anything to winning ways, then Heckingbottom and then Slav doesn't exactly fill anyone with confidence, does it? We are still failing and failing hard.

Now if tomorrow sees something like:

----------------Olsen--------------------
Bogle-Basham-Egan-Davies---Stevens
-Hourihane-Norwood--Osborn--------
-------McBurnie--Brewster-------------

... and we see the back three giving it to Norwood to clip out to Bogle or Stevens who then face backward and pass it back to the CBs who feed Norwood to clip it out to the opposite wings then rinse and repeat until we give the fucking ball away, then we'll know that lessons definitely haven't been learned. Expect Bristol City to simply use the pressing formula to stop us advancing down the flanks, push us back, make us uneasy, dispossess us and advance on goal whilst our flimsy defence backpedals desperately. Brewster will be mooching about somewhere out of the game and McBurnie will be forced to shithouse just to get a touch.

I can't see Heckinbottom having a plan B, but hope to fuck he has.

pommpey

I think the people Davalon is referring to are those who moan from kick off and have a go at players they don’t like regardless of how they are playing.

Anyway, off to lick the car park.

For me none of the players seemed to have performed for slav. If Hecky can get 10% more out of them then we improve as a team. I agree not the most glamorous manager but he knows the club. Players and system so hits the ground running. If I remember rightly didnt Chris w suggest Hecky as an ideal replacement. I'm slightly optimistic. Time will tell.utb

Certainly the abrupt departure of Slav was a surprise, but for those posters who were quick to say that the Blades are a laughing stock - or an embarrassment- I've seen no evidence of this. Apart from the local media the national press hardly mentioned it at all. For instance, in Friday's Metro Hecky's appointment was in a small 'news in brief' section. The media are much more concerned with the goings-on at Man U or Spurs. The Blades, I'm afraid are just a footnote these days.
Have to agree - you are soon forgotten when you leave the Premier League - even then it was because we confounded expectations in the first season and Wilder said what he thought unlike the rest of the managers after match interviews and soon became the media darling until things started going wrong and he lost the plot a bit and let it go to his head in my view.

Well, yeah. Why not?

Since the start of last season, this squad, largely unchanged, has played like a shower of Chad Valley 'Striker' players where you press their fucking heads and they kick the ball, largely aimlessly. They've been that bad. Wilder being unable to change anything to winning ways, then Heckingbottom and then Slav doesn't exactly fill anyone with confidence, does it? We are still failing and failing hard.

Now if tomorrow sees something like:

----------------Olsen--------------------
Bogle-Basham-Egan-Davies---Stevens
-Hourihane-Norwood--Osborn--------
-------McBurnie--Brewster-------------

... and we see the back three giving it to Norwood to clip out to Bogle or Stevens who then face backward and pass it back to the CBs who feed Norwood to clip it out to the opposite wings then rinse and repeat until we give the fucking ball away, then we'll know that lessons definitely haven't been learned. Expect Bristol City to simply use the pressing formula to stop us advancing down the flanks, push us back, make us uneasy, dispossess us and advance on goal whilst our flimsy defence backpedals desperately. Brewster will be mooching about somewhere out of the game and McBurnie will be forced to shithouse just to get a touch.

I can't see Heckinbottom having a plan B, but hope to fuck he has.

pommpey
If that ‘First day at Shirecliffe’ video was anything to go by he asked the players to press harder, win the ball back quicker and in transition get the ball to the forwards.

He’s telling them the right things, remains to be seen if they are still capable.

I might have misunderstood though and he was actually saying “yer killed mi bird yer bastard” 🤷‍♂️

I think the people Davalon is referring to are those who moan from kick off and have a go at players they don’t like regardless of how they are playing.

Anyway, off to lick the car park.
Rhymes with, clucking bells, got loads of them around my seat.

Being a grumpy old bastard I've seen all this before at the Lane, many times, and I'm used to the ups and the downs ...... at least nobody can EVER accuse Blades fans of being glory seekers 😏
I'll be honest and I'm certainly not a happy clapper, Hecky wouldn't have been my first choice, but it could have been worse and at least he knows the U23s very well in addition to to
he first team squad. Hopefully, he can get some of the over-paid wasters that have occupied our first team squad to actually perform somewhere near their capabilities for the first time this season. And I'm going to blindly trust his comments that some will come on the journey and those that can't (or won't) perform will be discarded.

Personally, I would rather see some of the U23s given a chance if the first team squad continue to be largely pathetic. It seems clear that there will have to be sales before purchases but we all knew that really ..... didn't we? This IS United after all. It's just our luck that we're owned by the only poor Saudi Prince and despite his best intentions, he needs more investment into the Club to allow us to push on as he simply hasn't the money to fund it.

But in the meantime let's put aside our frustration, stop arguing with each other, forget the politics, and just back our team and make BDTBL an intimidating atmosphere for visiting teams, referees & linesmen again ..... not our own youngsters on the pitch. I'm not too worried about the underperforming veterans as they should be able to take the flack for their pathetic performances this season and hopefully if Hecky can't "take them on the journey" he will have the balls to drop them and bin them in January.

I shall adopt a glass half-full approach, put on my lucky socks (but perhaps a change of lucky shirt is warranted) and give them all a clean slate on Sunday; even Egan, Olsen (if fit), Fleck (if fit), McBurnie, Brewster, Norwood, McGoldrick, Berger (if fit), and yes .... even Burke 😲

They will have my full and unreserved support as if the season had just started !! ;)

And I invite you all to put on your best Blades (stoic) smile, thank our lucky stars that we were born Blades and not pigs, and roar on the RED & WHITE WIZARDS 👏👏

UTB & FTP
Here here👍

Jesus, brave mentioning the youth playing, some on here would see you disemboweled for talking of such witchcraft!!

The Blades will always be most fans choice on here for ever , I’m following em over 50 years although first few are mostly a blur , probably due to all them fuckers smoking in old John St stand
But today’s the day when the talking stops , and we really see how good / bad or shite these players really are , they’ve been giving numerous chances to do it on the grass ( please stop going on about the grass you sound like a drug dealer ) , you talk about it week in week out about the squad , the quality that’s in it ( I’ve actually stopped watching this / their regurgitated shite )
Most of you are in the last chance saloon
So for the first time in almost 2 years get your fucking shit together play like a team and start getting our fans behind you
For our badge , our shirt , our club and our city make it fucking count from now on
I can take you getting beat most of us can but it’s how you get beat
UTB
Laughing at Dum pigs 🐷

UTB & FTP
And who is your choice?Hecki knows the players and the club.He will get the best from this group and the youngsters. After the performances under SJ who in my opinion was taking us nearer the drop and had to go before it got desperate.
Baffles me as first law of management is play to your teams strength,so.

Back
Top Bottom