Do old shirts have any value?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers. Makes sense as I went to Uni in 94. Ended up buying it just to add to the collection.

The green 94 away seems all a little last minute and I don’t think many were made so it’s incredibly rare.. plus it’s umbro putting it in the 80-90s bracket and people with a bit more cash now are nostalgic for that’s era

I did see one recently in a medium on ebay. Iam a large, getting them is like rocking horse shit. Its those Basset era ones that are eluding me, been after them for 10 years now
Luckily got most of mine before prices went crazy. This is actually the most expensive thing in my collection now lol. Guy had it up for 140 quid, offered 60 and we settled at 70. More than I wanted to pay but I've scooped a few bargains up the last year or two so can't complain.

Just a reminder there's the football programme retro fair on Saturday 10-5. Trafalgar street, Sheffield City Centre

I understand that there'll be plenty of retro shirt sellers in attendance.

Moved house recently, and just done a loft transfer from my parents to mine, and found my old shirts, so put them with my recent ones.

I did have the 'Wards' '96/'97 striped shirt but it got stolen in a house break-in. It was on our kitchen chair. I've also misplaced the 2012 Westfield Health home shirt with the badge in the middle. It's around somewhere though, I'm sure.

IMG_2549.jpg

Last edited:
Moved house recently, and just done a loft transfer from my parents to mine, and found my old shirts, so put them with my recent ones.

I did have the 'Wards' '96/'97 striped shirt but it got stolen in a house break-in. It was on our kitchen chair. I've also misplaced the 2012 Westfield Health home shirt with the badge in the middle. It's around somewhere though, I'm sure.

View attachment 119137

This is how I started off then my OCD kicked in and I had to try and get them all

View attachment 124867View attachment 124868
Dug this out the other day.

Anybody remember what it was for. I think it may have been given away with season tickets but can’t remember.
This was my 'lucky' t shirt to wear under my football shirt when I played football in my younger days, it was thick and heavy and ended up a light muddy brown colour after being worn Saturdays and Sundays for a good few years.

Prior to this I used a t shirt in size 'youths' that I bought at the FA cup semi v pigs but it wasn't even down to my belly button and the abuse I got for wearing it got too much so I bowed to peer pressure.

This was my 'lucky' t shirt to wear under my football shirt when I played football in my younger days, it was thick and heavy and ended up a light muddy brown colour after being worn Saturdays and Sundays for a good few years.

Prior to this I used a t shirt in size 'youths' that I bought at the FA cup semi v pigs but it wasn't even down to my belly button and the abuse I got for wearing it got too much so I bowed to peer pressure.
I used to do the same with a ‘Keep the Premiership tidy’ t shirt bought circa Wednesday’s relegation in 2000.

sheffield_united_1990-1992.gif

Anyone know if you can get this one with the Laver sponsor on or are they as rare as rocking horse dung?

Ones I can see for sale on the internet don't seem to have it on or it is probably because they have peeled off over time?

View attachment 125118

Anyone know if you can get this one with the Laver sponsor on or are they as rare as rocking horse dung?

Ones I can see for sale on the internet don't seem to have it on or it is probably because they have peeled off over time?
That logo has been for sale on eBay for a while so if you have the shirt you can iron it on yourself.

Yeah I've already come cross this today. But then it made me think that the original sponsor patch on the shirt maybe had a velvety and textured feel to it like on the 92-94 laced shirt (I don't actually know about this but its what I'm wondering, anyone on here know for sure?).

The sponsor available in that link is vinyl. Its still a decent alternative though if you're not a little picky like me sometimes!

Yeah I've already come cross this today. But then it made me think that the original sponsor patch on the shirt maybe had a velvety and textured feel to it like on the 92-94 laced shirt (I don't actually know about this but its what I'm wondering, anyone on here know for sure?).

The sponsor available in that link is vinyl. Its still a decent alternative though if you're not a little picky like me sometimes!
They are fuzzy felt as I’ve had one and they are just like the original. I was brave and just used the black bit on this shirt. Bought mine a year ago but wouldn’t think they’d change.

Attachments

• AC11E876-9CD3-4A99-8986-55D832467003.jpeg
    AC11E876-9CD3-4A99-8986-55D832467003.jpeg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 51

Back
Top Bottom