Wilder Watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was back at the Kassam Stadium Oxford last week. A memorial match for a n old trainer that died so time back

The best left wing back and crosser of the ball we have ever had, the best local lad since Alan Woodward to play in the first team and probably one of the best Managers we have had over the last 30 years or so.
Best crosser of the ball we have ever had? Nowhere as good as Woody, Borbokis and Deane

Quinn was good for about a year and distinctly average after that.

His speciality was a long, diagonal ball straight onto the opposition left centre backs head.

Quinn was a good player, but for 18 months Stevens was special
He was decent under Spackman and his early crossing was good. Not the same player when Thompson and Bruce decided on 4-4-2. Stevens brilliant in 2018-19 and in 2019-20 until the lockdown. Wilder preferred his wing backs to play late crosses rather than early

He was decent under Spackman and his early crossing was good. Not the same player when Thompson and Bruce decided on 4-4-2. Stevens brilliant in 2018-19 and in 2019-20 until the lockdown. Wilder preferred his wing backs to play late crosses rather than early

And "gap filler" when Warnock brought him back on loan.

My old gaffer trained Wayne Quinn when he was in his junior team back in the day.
At least he taught somebody something, I spose :D

Wayne Quinn, the best left wing back and crosser of the ball we ever had.
Ever had? Unless you saw The Blades in 1889 until the present day then you can't possibly know. Quinn never excelled at top level or got close. Stevens before lockdown was outstanding. Arguably one of the best left wingbacks in the top division. You are letting your friendships influence your judgement. Quinn's performance v. Ipswich when we lost 3-2 against 10 men was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom