watching Blades play a team in various divisions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
l have my ticket for Saturday and once l seen this game it means l would of seen us play Bournemouth in the prem, Championship & league 1. I was wondering if any one has a clean sweep if that's even possible. Interested to hear.

Did we play Notts County in the first and fourth divisions?

Seen Wigan in all 4 tiers certainly. Possibly Northampton and Carlisle, although these would be pre the Premier and Championship being set up...... Have to check.

Didn't play Notts or Carlisle in Div 4
Thought I'd missed Wigan in the top tier as I know I couldn't attend the home game but forgot I went up there when we won 1-0 round about new year time

Did we play Notts County in the first and fourth divisions?

We had our glory spell in the 4th division in 81/82 when amazingly, County were in the top tier!

"In one of the most famous moments in the club's modern history, Notts County visited newly crowned champions Aston Villa on the opening day of the 1981-82 season. The Villa team had paraded their 1980-81 League Championship trophy to an expectant crowd before kickoff, but against all odds, County came away with a 1–0 victory. After surviving relegation at the end of the season, Sirrel became the club's general manager, with his assistant Howard Wilkinson taking over as manager.[citation needed] County survived relegation a little more comfortably the following season, but Wilkinson was tempted away by the manager's job at his boyhood club, Sheffield Wednesday, and the board recruited former Wigan Athletic manager Larry Lloyd to replace him. Despite a good run to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, where they eventually lost to Everton, the club had a poor league campaign that ultimately resulted in their relegation.[citation needed] This poor form continued into the following season, resulting in Lloyd's dismissal with the club bottom of the Second Division. Richie Barker took over as manager, but failed to improve the club's fortunes, and was dismissed after less than six months in charge.[citation needed]"

We did play them in the top tier in 91/92 (when they paid £750k for Tony Agana which seemed a steal, until his 'Agana bobble' deserted him).

Hull C, Northampton town
We haven’t played Northampton in the second tier or Hull in the top tier.

Teams we’ve played in 4 different tiers:

Bradford City
Wigan Athletic
Bournemouth
Bury
Blackpool

I would be very surprised if anyone alive has seen us play Bradford or Bury in all 4 tiers. I’m sure many people have done the other 3.

We’ve played Bournemouth in 4 different tiers but only played them in 8 different seasons.

I've definitely seen us play Wigan and Bournemouth in all 4 divisions. I don't think there are any others. I don't think we've played Hull in top league.

The other way round: current league teams we’ve only faced in one tier:

Only in top division- Arsenal
Only in 2nd tier - Cambridge
Only in 3rd tier - Exeter, Newport, Fleetwood, Yeovil, Crawley, Wycombe, Stevenage

Current league teams we’ve never met in a league game: Morecambe, Cheltenham, Forest Green, Sutton, Barrow, Accrington Stanley, Harrogate, Salford

Back
Top Bottom