“I’m delighted I’ve scored against them, cos I don’t like em”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Genuine question, what does everyone think will be a fitting tribute for Billy when he hangs up his boots,
Statue??
Stand named after him??
Both??
he is firmly in my top 3 blades players of all time, in no order
Sharp
Deane
Morgan

Shouldn't matter, anyone can be the subject of false accusations.
Agreed, was only saying I understand where the chant has come from. Was confused about the Bannan chant last week, thought I'd missed something.

We have to be very careful in taking or trying to take the moral high ground here. Our fans singing similar about Barry Bannan. It’s a shit chant, it’s not funny and Billy got the last laugh.

Abusing one of the most clinical strikers in the division and in doing so firing him up even more is not one of the brightest ideas.

In these days, where you can't call anyone anything anywhere near offensive, due to racism, sexism, ageism, cronyism, anythingelseism.............I'm amazed that this is even allowed. Hopefully not for much longer as its actually worse than many of the aforementioned.

Genuine question, what does everyone think will be a fitting tribute for Billy when he hangs up his boots,
Statue??
Stand named after him??
Both??
Sharp
Deane
Morgan
Alan Woodward should have had a stand named after him while he was alive , major fuck up by our club for not recognizing this awesome loyal player !

Billy. Sharp. Scores. Goals.

Attachments

• Billy_Sharp_Shirt.jpg
    Billy_Sharp_Shirt.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

We have to be very careful in taking or trying to take the moral high ground here. Our fans singing similar about Barry Bannan. It’s a shit chant, it’s not funny and Billy got the last laugh.

Abusing one of the most clinical strikers in the division and in doing so firing him up even more is not one of the brightest ideas.
i cant say about hull i wasnt there. but yes it goes for everyone if we were singing this about barry bannan is just as bad

Really don't get the controversy behind all this if I'm being honest. I'm more confused as to where it came from though.

This isn't the first time a chant like that has been sung and it's sure not to be the last, as has been said over the last day, we're guilty of it too.

What is really fucking stupid is the comments from Derby fans wanting him banned because he had the cheek to answer them back. If the fans give it out they had better be prepared for it to come back, specially with a last minute winner. He is also very entitled to say he doesn't like them. I would think right now they should be concerned more about the point they spunked away in the dying minutes.

I give abuse out to every opposition player
Ya wanker , C++t etc etc , I wouldn’t sing owt like that , I didn’t sing the Ched song either
For 90 minutes there my personal enemy
Part and parcel of the game , I actually thought what Jordan Rhodes did in front of the kop was ok and said fair play
He’d been given Pelters for 90 minutes and responded, I have no issue with that you give it you have to be able to take it .
It’s part and parcel of the game but racist/sex abuse in my book is a no no
But once the game finishes for me that’s where it ends

I give abuse out to every opposition player
Ya wanker , C++t etc etc , I wouldn’t sing owt like that , I didn’t sing the Ched song either
For 90 minutes there my personal enemy
Part and parcel of the game , I actually thought what Jordan Rhodes did in front of the kop was ok and said fair play
He’d been given Pelters for 90 minutes and responded, I have no issue with that you give it you have to be able to take it .
It’s part and parcel of the game but racist/sex abuse in my book is a no no
But once the game finishes for me that’s where it ends

If I scored at the kop end at Hillsbrough, you better believe they’d be getting it and rightly so. Same as I wouldn’t complain at Vardy or Rhodes doing it in front of our kop.

I think any player who’s being abused for 90 minutes is fully entitled to shove it right back up em when they score at the end. Makes me laugh thinking they’ve got in Billy’s head when it’s the Derby fans who were completely rattled at the end despite giving it out all match.

Statue??
Stand named after him??
Both??
Sharp
Deane
Morgan
My Top 5 Blades
1. Currie
2. Woodward (get a fuckin stand named after him)
3. Deano
4. Shred
5. Badger

Bubbling under - Reece, Hodges, Browne, Birchenall, Jones, Hemsley, Morgan......

I don't believe they think he's a sex offender. It's just he's our most prominent player, the syllables fit and it rhymes with "Derby boys going on a bender".

Said it earlier. For football fans rhyming >>>> factual content.

Jack Charlton wasn't dead etc
United are fans who happily rhyme Night with, erm, night when singing the Duffy song which actually happened at lunchtime.

On that, the song should have been...

Oh What a night,
Late September twenty seventeen
Duffy scored and they were fucking shite.

Straight after the final whistle of his last game, get him to Sheffield's finest taxidermist. Then stick him atop the steps at kop.
Whitby did as much with Capt Cook.

Straight after the final whistle of his last game, get him to Sheffield's finest taxidermist. Then stick him atop the steps at kop.
Whitby did as much with Capt Cook.

Ever had Captain Cooks Balls from the choclatier in Whitby? We could do the same for Billy. Who wouldn't want to gorge themselves on Billy's Balls?

A fitting tribute for a Blades hero.

Back
Top Bottom