Van Winckel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Alternatively someone might be along shortly to point out that no one that has contributed to this thread, has had a 25 year career in football, holds a UEAFA pro licence, been assistant manager for one of the biggest clubs in France and Belgium or been hired by a national team.
Odd really as so many appear to know everything about football, the role of people they have never met, and their qualifications and ability to do that role.
No need for a pro license to see that the results all over the group are disgraceful. Those responsible should be held accountable.

No need for a pro license to see that the results all over the group are disgraceful. Those responsible should be held accountable.
Results are everything, but just what influence does he have, can he be held responsible for your poor start to the season, as well as ours, or what the team in India are doing?

We don't have to email every club to say X, Y or Z are available, once again your dodging the issue, you can't loan pkayers to clubs who don't want them, currently the only teams that look at our strikers with envy, are League 1, no one from the PL or top of the Championship will come in for Mousse, Mcgoldrick or McBurnie, and if Forest or Derby come in and can match their wages, you can't force them to accept the loan deal
We just disagree then.

If you think a club looking for a second choice striker would turn their nose up at McBurnie who has proved himself to be a top striker at this level, then I don't know who they would be happy with.

Would Preston turn down the chance to take Brewster, Sharp or even Burke on loan? Many clubs at this level such as Preston shop for players in league two. To think they'd refuse 20 goal a season players in this division is just not true.

Have we been in touch with Preston to tell them they are available, or are we waiting for them to pick up the phone and ask?

"...
Sheffield United can confirm that Jan Van Winckel has resigned from his position as a director of the club.

Mr Van Winckel has written the following message to Blades fans...

"Dear fellow Blades,

Today I have offered my resignation from the board of Sheffield United and the board of United World.

I have recently extended my consultancy contract at the United Arab Emirates Football Association. I was re-elected as acting director of the Belgian Professional Coaches, and I am close to signing an agreement closer to my family. I have always tried to fulfil my roles as a board member with dedication and passion. But due to time constraints and constant traveling, I do not feel I can spend enough time at the different boards to fulfil my role to the level that all our clubs deserve. Therefore I believe that it is the right time to offer my resignation.

I am very proud of the club's development from League One to a title contender in the Championship. The two promotions and the fantastic season in the Premier League will always be moments to remember. There were also challenges, including missed promotions and the relegation from the Premier League, but even during these moments; I felt the unity in the club that makes Sheffield United.

The club at this moment is in a much better state than when we arrived due to the efforts of our owner, our chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa and my fellow board members, but also because of the amazing job our CEO, Stephen Bettis, has done. He and our chairman were instrumental in managing and developing the club through difficult times. I also had the privilege to observe and co-operate with the great managers we had during this period.

Looking at the club and the academy now confirms my feeling that Paul is the right man in the right place to develop the club further. I admire his work with younger players, the style of football, and the fundamental work he is doing.

I also would like to thank my lifelong friend Prince Abdullah for giving me the opportunity and guiding me in these years.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for the support of the club and for the fantastic memories we have created together. Without fans, there is no club. UTB."

Blades chairman, Yusuf Giansiracusa, commented: "While I understand Jan's reasons for resigning, I have accepted his resignation with great regret. Jan has a superlative understanding of the game of football and has always been a valuable resource for the board. I wish him every success with his other endeavours and take solace in the knowledge that his family will be seeing more of him."

United's chief executive officer, Stephen Bettis, added: "It has been a pleasure working alongside Jan, he has a wealth of knowledge and experience that has been a contributory factor to the success of recent years. He has worked tirelessly in the background for the benefit of the football club, not wanting the limelight or the plaudits, and on behalf of the management of Sheffield United, I wish him well in his future ventures..."

"...
Sheffield United can confirm that Jan Van Winckel has resigned from his position as a director of the club.

Mr Van Winckel has written the following message to Blades fans...

"Dear fellow Blades,

Today I have offered my resignation from the board of Sheffield United and the board of United World.

I have recently extended my consultancy contract at the United Arab Emirates Football Association. I was re-elected as acting director of the Belgian Professional Coaches, and I am close to signing an agreement closer to my family. I have always tried to fulfil my roles as a board member with dedication and passion. But due to time constraints and constant traveling, I do not feel I can spend enough time at the different boards to fulfil my role to the level that all our clubs deserve. Therefore I believe that it is the right time to offer my resignation.

I am very proud of the club's development from League One to a title contender in the Championship. The two promotions and the fantastic season in the Premier League will always be moments to remember. There were also challenges, including missed promotions and the relegation from the Premier League, but even during these moments; I felt the unity in the club that makes Sheffield United.

The club at this moment is in a much better state than when we arrived due to the efforts of our owner, our chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa and my fellow board members, but also because of the amazing job our CEO, Stephen Bettis, has done. He and our chairman were instrumental in managing and developing the club through difficult times. I also had the privilege to observe and co-operate with the great managers we had during this period.

Looking at the club and the academy now confirms my feeling that Paul is the right man in the right place to develop the club further. I admire his work with younger players, the style of football, and the fundamental work he is doing.

I also would like to thank my lifelong friend Prince Abdullah for giving me the opportunity and guiding me in these years.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for the support of the club and for the fantastic memories we have created together. Without fans, there is no club. UTB."

Blades chairman, Yusuf Giansiracusa, commented: "While I understand Jan's reasons for resigning, I have accepted his resignation with great regret. Jan has a superlative understanding of the game of football and has always been a valuable resource for the board. I wish him every success with his other endeavours and take solace in the knowledge that his family will be seeing more of him."

United's chief executive officer, Stephen Bettis, added: "It has been a pleasure working alongside Jan, he has a wealth of knowledge and experience that has been a contributory factor to the success of recent years. He has worked tirelessly in the background for the benefit of the football club, not wanting the limelight or the plaudits, and on behalf of the management of Sheffield United, I wish him well in his future ventures..."

At the very least that is a genuine sounding goodbye. I guess none of us know what any of the Directors accomplish, but there is no doubt that the club is in a better position now than it was when the Prince first arrived and/or when he took full control.

It’s a difficult one isn’t it. Clearly Beerschott dislike him as our friend from over there has outlined but we have little idea what he did for us here either positively or negatively so are we sad to see him go or not? Who knows enough to say?

I'm not sure he ever had very much influence over the direction of the first team at United. From the snippets we've had his role was very much strategic rather than tactical when it came to anything that happened in the UK

Feel sorry for Bettis being the only bogeyman left at the club now
Are we turning into a toxic club Roy, genuine question, or has someone dropped a smoke grenade that we never saw coming.
I honestly forgot about RVW being there to be honest.

Who knows what he did and who really cares? The facts are since the Prince came along the club has been much better run and Van Winkle has been a part of that so you can't really knock the bloke. We might find it hard to find a worthy replacement. I don't really get some of the negative comments against him but hey ho, some on here only ever moan and look for the negatives.

Back
Top Bottom