Match Thread Luton Town v. Sheffield United - 28th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LUT
LUT
LUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1630094050135.png v. 1630094056482.png
Championship Week 5 - Saturday 27th August 2021 - 15:00 - Kenilworth Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Luton Town vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Davies
Assistant Referee: Akil Howson
Assistant Referee: Mark Pottage
Fourth Official: Neil Hair

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

If you didn't watch that first half, thank your lucky stars.

Our midfield are a fucking lazy bunch aren't they.

In fact Mcburnie done more midfield work than our general midfielders.

RND probably the stand out for us, but nothing really to shout home about.

RND the standout that half for me, only one who can cross a ball. Midfield nonexistent yet again, Fleck has been awful, Norwood slows play and Berge just jogs about. Need a ball winning midfield as there’s too much space between defence and midfield. Think Mcburnies played okay - just don’t think him and Sharp are the partnership we need.

watching game: - brief points

We are way better than Luton.
Only one team wanting to win it, but we have zero quality in midfield or up top when we get a sight of their 18 yard box.
We simply do not seem capable of knowing how to score.

As is usual this season - teams are keeping it tight against us and just waiting for a chance - same today.

We need quality from somewhere! anywhere will do !

UTB

Get freeman on instead of berge ffs (i say berge because although fleck has also been shit, i trust fleck more defensively if freeman plays duffy role)

Only one team wanting to win it, but we have zero quality in midfield or up top when we get a sight of their 18 yard box.

As is usual this season - teams are keeping it tight against us and just waiting for a chance - same today.

UTB
They don’t even need to try to win, 60th minute lucky goal and 3 points will be landing in their lap

It's all a bit predictable. We started ok but have gradually let Luton back into it. Not much upfront from either side but they've had some joy down our left (Basham and Baldock not very good albeit the latter has come off injured).

There's just nothing up front for us. Sharp's movement is fairly appalling and he's not had a very good half. McBurnie started ok but is coming keeper and wider so nothing in the middle. Nothing much from any of the midfielders, although Fleck has done a couple of good things. Wes has done ok except for a heart in the mouth charge and punch.

We spend a whole 5 minutes passing it sideways and backwards. There's no point keeping possession if there's nothing out wide or in the centre up top.

We don't need a back 3 for this game but the wingbacks are the only forlorn hope of any width. I'd be tempted to play 4 at the back and pop Didzy behind the strikers.

Sharp, RND and egan been best players but the rest have been crap
Harsh on Davies I think he’s looked a silky player and has linked with RND well they seem to have an understanding. As for the rest 👀 yeah

UTB
Are we?

They've been more threatening going forward than us. Sure, we pass it around nicely when there's no real pressure but as soon as there's pressure we panic. We might have technically better players but they, so far, have more dangerous players.

It's fairly even for me

We’ve neshed this. We looked really promising first 15 should’ve been at least one up. Then they kicked us and we ran away and didn’t want to know we’re not up for the fight. You have to earn the right to play football and we’re not interested in it.

I've stuck up for Berge and I still believe he'll look a much better player in a much better team who play a different style but.....

....apart from the odd little cameo during some games, I now think he'll be an absolute ginormous waste of money for us this season.

I'd seriously consider getting rid for a big loss or send out on loan if someone will cover his entire wage.

Get freeman on instead of berge ffs (i say berge because although fleck has also been shit, i trust fleck more defensively if freeman plays duffy role)
Just a quick reminder, berge was a champions league playing european wonderkid defensive midfielder with interest from man utd and liverpool 🥲 how fucking depressing, he’s shite

Back
Top Bottom