Official Retro Shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They sell some old shirts on: classicfootballshirts.co.uk/premiership-clubs/Sheffield-United.html

Attachments

• FD364DAA-1B00-4725-8729-08DFAC30BAB0.jpeg
    FD364DAA-1B00-4725-8729-08DFAC30BAB0.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 36

Wow, some of those prices! £200!!

Got 2 x 92' (laces) and a 90' (deckchair) home shirt, all in XL and really excellent condition. Might hang on to them a bit longer if they'll appreciate like that.

On another note, anyone any idea if the 1990 Umbro training tops (cotton drill) are rare or sought after at all? Got one in XL but could never find one for sale on Ebay or anywhere else as a matter of interest. Always loved it....and the memories.

Photo on 07-05-2021 at 17.01.jpg.Photo on 07-05-2021 at 17.02.jpg

Interesting stuff.
utb

I, of the far end of life, being nearer the exit door than many, would wear one of those to get burnt in.
Smart. the shirt I mean.

It has a certain gothic charm. I wore my Blades shirt to my elder brother's (also a Blade) funeral. It seemed the most fitting tribute I could pay him. Pity this one wasn't available to allow me to mourn in style.

It has a certain gothic charm. I wore my Blades shirt to my elder brother's (also a Blade) funeral. It seemed the most fitting tribute I could pay him. Pity this one wasn't available to allow me to mourn in style.
I wore my Blades tie to my dad's funeral; my mum would have been furious if I'd worn a United shirt, although my dad would probably have been cool about it.

Got 2 x 92' (laces) and a 90' (deckchair) home shirt, all in XL and really excellent condition. Might hang on to them a bit longer if they'll appreciate like that.

On another note, anyone any idea if the 1990 Umbro training tops (cotton drill) are rare or sought after at all? Got one in XL but could never find one for sale on Ebay or anywhere else as a matter of interest. Always loved it....and the memories.

View attachment 112291.View attachment 112293

Interesting stuff.
utb
Your training top is very rare. I have been collecting for 13 years and never seen it for sale. Hard to put a price on it as nothing to compare it to. If it was my size i would have offered you £110 to start up to £170. Dont sell it.i wouldn’t. Never sell shirts to websites likeclassic shirts, always privately or ebay, you’ll get alot more

Your training top is very rare. I have been collecting for 13 years and never seen it for sale. Hard to put a price on it as nothing to compare it to. If it was my size i would have offered you £110 to start up to £170. Dont sell it.i wouldn’t. Never sell shirts to websites likeclassic shirts, always privately or ebay, you’ll get alot more
Thanks Pal.
I've done a few searches (Ebay, etc.) but never found one available. Seen one or two for different clubs that were very faded or spoilt by paint, etc. but never a Blades one.
I think all the Umbro clubs had their own version, didn't they?
Thanks for the advice.
utb

Glynn, I have the luminous away kit (mens size medium) but with Laver sponsor on it in very good condition - any ideas of value of this.?

Interesting stuff.
utb
I had that training top, or something like it. Was like wearing a sack.

Respect, young man, love for family should have or show no bounds.

Glynn, I have the luminous away kit (mens size medium) but with Laver sponsor on it in very good condition - any ideas of value of this.?
£280 ish probably, laver ones fetch top dollar.

Thanks Pal.
I've done a few searches (Ebay, etc.) but never found one available. Seen one or two for different clubs that were very faded or spoilt by paint, etc. but never a Blades one.
I think all the Umbro clubs had their own version, didn't they?
Thanks for the advice.
utb
Yeah def wendy and weeds had that one.

Interesting stuff.
utb
Don't ever sell these, mate. Keep em in the circle of family/friends, like a collection of fine jewelry

Interesting stuff.
utb
Great collection, and I had all those (including the drill top), and had a white umbro jacket from a similar time.

Had probably 25 United shirts and training tops from the 80s and 90s and binned the lot!!! What a moron!

Great collection, and I had all those (including the drill top), and had a white umbro jacket from a similar time.

Had probably 25 United shirts and training tops from the 80s and 90s and binned the lot!!! What a moron!
Sorry to hear that, Pal.
Not really much a 'collection' as i've only got 8 or 9 left, now. I too binned some shirts and at least a couple of the training tops in the charity bag some time ago.
Can't see this season's ever being a classic!
We live and learn.
utb

The early seventies kit is the best in my opinion proper red and white striped shirt.
Would be very expensive to buy.i would buy one if I could afford it.

The two shirts in the original post will be in the club shop in the next few weeks.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom