If board cannot make decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope they have and it's all good but it would be nice to be in on it.

Pretty sure the board will have 100% made a decision.
This has to be the case, and will likely be announced this week. Anything short of this is frankly negligent.

Waiting till the season is officially over makes sense, no distractions, allows manager to make judgement without trying to steady a sinking ship, clean slate, focus on nee systems training methods in the close season, doesn't have to get battered everyweek.

Whether it was the aim initially, they'd have been better saying this from the off if it was going to be the case.

In the absence of any boardroom gonads to actually make a decision and put us out of our misery, how about Jocanovik as manager and Heckingbottom as assistant manager in the role of Nilly.
That would add a bit of dynamism but keep good threads to link the under 23s new blood.
New managers tend to bring in their own assistants

In the absence of any boardroom gonads to actually make a decision and put us out of our misery, how about Jocanovik as manager and Heckingbottom as assistant manager in the role of Nilly.
That would add a bit of dynamism but keep good threads to link the under 23s new blood.
This will really show to the world, how serious the club hierarchy are about getting back to the Prem. West Brom, Crystal Palace, probably Bournemouth, probably Fulham, probably Sunderland, maybe Newcastle are all gonna be looking for a new manager this summer. We have had a wretched season, but we have known our destiny for several weeks know. What a stupid club we’d be if we don’t manage to secure a manager before any of these clubs.

New managers tend to bring in their own assistants

Agree...managers are kind of shackled if there’s conditions preventing them bringing in their own tried and trusted back room staff.

I will reiterate what i know, SJ agreed a deal with us and will be unveiled this week as manager. My Mrs is a football editor for a big uk media company for few years now and also has new job at Bein sport mena, she has good contacts, his contract in Qatar finished early May and work permits were needed. He is our new manager. Its done. When have i been wrong ? She told me about Ramsdale weeks before he signed, Brewster, called Wilder leaving 11 days before he left. She tells me, i update on S24su, then when the club are ready to announce, the story a published on media outlets, shortly after the club announce a press conference, same as always guys….

I will reiterate what i know, SJ agreed a deal with us and will be unveiled this week as manager. My Mrs is a football editor for a big uk media company for few years now and also has new job at Bein sport mena, she has good contacts, his contract in Qatar finished early May and work permits were needed. He is our new manager. Its done. When have i been wrong ? She told me about Ramsdale weeks before he signed, Brewster, called Wilder leaving 11 days before he left. She tells me, i update on S24su, then when the club are ready to announce, the story a published on media outlets, shortly after the club announce a press conference, same as always guys….

Actually giving a definite source doesn’t impress many on here sadly. The forum way of doing it is to be cryptic without actually saying anything or simply state “someone high up in the club”. that’s like the bell that got Pavlovs dogs drooling.

If she worked at Asda I'd believe you.

Whatever the delay in selecting a manager is I doubt it would be solved by saying "How about Heckingbottom as assistant?". If the board's on the fence about Jokanovic, or if the negotiations are stalling, I don't see how this suggestion solves it.

Hi Stegosaurus here

According to my mole inside Brammall Lane, Neil Lenmon is stalling over wages.

Has Nilly left now then ? Not seen owt

The U18 & U23s seem to be the only part of the club doing well and a lot of that must go down to Hecky so don’t disturb that to make him assistant manager to first team. Anyway SJNwill no doubt want his own team not someone he probably doesn’t know at all being foisted on him.

Slightly worrying that you are being given confidential information and passing it on !!!!!!
Are you sure she still has a job ?

Slightly worrying that you are being given confidential information and passing it on !!!!!!
Are you sure she still has a job ?
What's confidential about it?
From what he's said she won't have been told to keep it in confidence she's a football editor, you don't tend to spill managerial appointments to them if you want it kept schtum. Maybe they're just not in a position to announce or present him, or maybe they wanted a clean break from this season before trying to build something more positive.

What's confidential about it?
From what he's said she won't have been told to keep it in confidence she's a football editor, you don't tend to spill managerial appointments to them if you want it kept schtum. Maybe they're just not in a position to announce or present him, or maybe they wanted a clean break from this season before trying to build something more positive.
Agreed, it's not like the lass is tied to the club or Jokanovic .... she's the media for ffs, her job is to literally break news.

So basically, if the board can’t make a decision, they should consult an Internet forum for suggestions instead? :)

I wouldnt be surprised if they have made a decision but the wait has been due to wrangling over existing contract the target has with their current employer and releasing them.

Makes me thing whoever it is has the board over a barrel.

Back
Top Bottom