If board cannot make decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What if it’s someone like Appleton who still has a job to do at his present club ?

We always do things way different to other clubs its no surprise really.
Other clubs would have a replacement announced as the departing manager drives out of the car park.

I guess they are being completely sure they get the right man for the job.

We always do things way different to other clubs its no surprise really.
Other clubs would have a replacement announced as the departing manager drives out of the car park.

I guess they are being completely sure they get the right man for the job.

Like Spurs did? 🤔

If the one you want is still in a job, nothing concluded until the season ends

It's dragging on a bit now though.
It has to be a manager in post! Nothing gained by holding the new mans name back for any other reason.
If it's a EFL manager then something should give over the coming weekend.
Really the new man needs to have a chat with the players before they go in all directions this summer break.

Like Spurs did? 🤔

If the one you want is still in a job, nothing concluded until the season ends

It was an (obvious) exageration. 😆

I did state this may be a reason in a previous post or the other club is holding out for a better deal in release terms.

Well the Blades now get parachute payments over 3 seasons
£45m for the 1st season in the Champ then £35m, and £15m .
We must be attractive to any candidate.
Suppose it will be down to who wants the job? and the main criteria.... who's the cheapest?!

It should have been sorted weeks ago what are we waiting for?all we have to do is offer jokanovic the job
It might have been sorted weeks ago but a professional club wouldn‘t start a manager when everyone is down and theres no chance of promotion.
You’re basically putting in a manager to face a battle that is impossible to win.
He’d be damaged goods before he’s even started properly regards his task of instant promotion.

A professional well run business waits until preparation for the new season starts....then we announce the new manager.
There will be huge excitement and positivity for the new season when he starts....hopefully this will kick start momentum.

It should have been sorted weeks ago what are we waiting for?all we have to do is offer jokanovic the job
They’ve done that and yet here we are.
Have a word with him will ya, tell him to get on with it.

It has to be a manager in post! Nothing gained by holding the new mans name back for any other reason.
If it's a EFL manager then something should give over the coming weekend.
Really the new man needs to have a chat with the players before they go in all directions this summer break.
Its Klopp, he wants a new challenge.

Nothng compares to fixing Sheffield United. The ultimate challenge.

I'm all for an announcement, but if the announcement when it comes is that we're appointing the likes of Appleton or Robinson I'd rather the uncertainly and hope of a decent appointment! It's like waiting for an exam result through the post! Each morning you rush down to see what the post is, day after day nothing arrives but advertising for the 30 or so takeaways from within a 3 mile radius. Then the exam result finally comes and as soon as it arrives you don't want to open it, gripped with fear holding the envelope! If anyone is like me and when they opened it you realised you've failed again, you just wish the damn thing hadn't arrived!

In the absence of any boardroom gonads to actually make a decision and put us out of our misery, how about Jocanovik as manager and Heckingbottom as assistant manager in the role of Nilly.
That would add a bit of dynamism but keep good threads to link the under 23s new blood.
The Reason for the delay is because Ronnie "Joker" Moore has put in a late application for the post !

The Reason for the delay is because Ronnie "Joker" Moore has put in a late application for the post !

Chris “Pelanty” Waddle wants to apply but can’t find his crayons or references from Burnley.

honestly think it's a matter of tying something daft up e.g. SJ has to quarantine in England and therefore the big reveal has to wait a bit... or as part of moving he negotiated some time for him and his family making the big move from Qatar to UK.

As daft as it might seem that these things would hold things up, the club aren't gonna want to announce him via video link, and anyone making such a huge move would need lots of time to sort out logistics (buying a house, visa, kids in school etc...), especially so in the pandemic!

regardless of COVID, i would imagine it's standard practice for a manager travelling to the other side of the world to not be as instant as UK to UK appt. Unless you are Man Utd and can sort out these things with the click of a finger

honestly think it's a matter of tying something daft up e.g. SJ has to quarantine in England and therefore the big reveal has to wait a bit... or as part of moving he negotiated some time for him and his family making the big move from Qatar to UK.

As daft as it might seem that these things would hold things up, the club aren't gonna want to announce him via video link, and anyone making such a huge move would need lots of time to sort out logistics (buying a house, visa, kids in school etc...), especially so in the pandemic!

regardless of COVID, i would imagine it's standard practice for a manager travelling to the other side of the world to not be as instant as UK to UK appt. Unless you are Man Utd and can sort out these things with the click of a finger
If it is all confirmed and there's some delay, why not the club announce it and then he can get to work on things like player contracts etc, and when it's feasible we can have the press conference in a week or two.

Jokanovic is still under contract till the 30th of June I read. I wonder if the issue may be that we have to pay a pay off to his current club if we want him with us before the 30th? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom