If board cannot make decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If it is all confirmed and there's some delay, why not the club announce it and then he can get to work on things like player contracts etc, and when it's feasible we can have the press conference in a week or two.

Jokanovic is still under contract till the 30th of June I read. I wonder if the issue may be that we have to pay a pay off to his current club if we want him with us before the 30th? Just a thought.

Don’t all football contracts run to 30th June?

I’d just wait until the transfer window shuts in September and appoint at 1 minute past midnight. Easy way to save cash.

It makes no difference to signing players anyway, fpl prince and his home boy van winkle gonna be doing all the shopping

With regards his contract, with a month left to run and no more football going on, would al giraffe 🦒🦒 really stand in his way?

It makes no difference to signing players anyway, fpl prince and his home boy van winkle gonna be doing all the shopping

With regards his contract, with a month left to run and no more football going on, would al giraffe 🦒🦒 really stand in his way?
I’ve heard they’ve got Wilder on a retainer to spend the war chest for the new manager.

Gharaffa’s season ends in April so that can’t be the reason why he’s not here yet.

Coming up to 3 months. How is this not sorted yet.

I’m actually glad we’ve ‘waited’ until the end of the season. Any new manager excitement a few weeks ago would have worn off with the inevitable poor performance against Newcastle.

From what’s been said, I suspect Blessin was the first choice, but feasible. Jokanovic apparently is one to think through any offers and there could be other complications there too, with him being under contract. If it’s Clement, then perhaps we were waiting for the Belgian league to finish and a bit of the dust to settle, before it’s official.

That said, I hope we can find out by the end of the month at the latest. The new manager has a lot to be getting on with.

I'm surprised with all these waiting games, no one has suggested to check the bloody fax machine is even plugged in!
The fax machine wasn't included in the list of assets HRH had to buy.
McCabe wants £50k for it but the final price is still under discussion - might be another court case!

If it is all confirmed and there's some delay, why not the club announce it and then he can get to work on things like player contracts etc, and when it's feasible we can have the press conference in a week or two.

Jokanovic is still under contract till the 30th of June I read. I wonder if the issue may be that we have to pay a pay off to his current club if we want him with us before the 30th? Just a thought.
Why do they need to announce it in order to do any of those things?
The only reason they'd need to announce would be to tell the fans, who are being impatient. The players and staff would probably be aware and there's nothing stopping us getting a head start on transfers if it's confirmed.
All this noise is just some fans stamping their overly entitled feet.

The only reason they'd need to announce would be to tell the fans, who are being impatient. The players and staff would probably be aware and there's nothing stopping us getting a head start on transfers if it's confirmed.
Impatient? Entitled? 3 Months. Zero Comms. Limbo! as demonstrated by the caretaker manager and half the squad who have resorted to using their TV interview slots to drop hints for them to get something sorted out becuase they haven't got a fucking clue whats going to happen or when!

Impatient? Entitled? 3 Months. Zero Comms. Limbo! as demonstrated by the caretaker manager and half the squad who have resorted to using their TV interview slots to drop hints for them to get something sorted out becuase they haven't got a fucking clue whats going to happen or when!
Yup, all those things. You’ll be told when you need to know, and right now you don’t need to know shit.
There’s no reason to tell the fans anything until he’s ready to present and the same ones moaning about not being told we’re the same ones bitching about Hecky and slagging the board off when he was never going to be appointed.

Last edited:

Yup, all those things. You’ll be told when you need to know, and right now you don’t need to know shit.
There’s no reason to tell the fans anything until he’s ready to present and the same ones moaning about not being told we’re the same ones bitching about Hecky and slagging the board off when he was never going to be appointed.
I get the first bit. It still seems like a fair bit of anxiety from within the club though so it makes a case for fans feeling the same, and most of them are chucking money about so they can watch the team next season so I don't think it's particularly entitled / impatient, more anxious. I'm moaning about the lack of noise on this front, but I think that WIlder had more to do with his own depature than the board, I don't see where the board have done anything partularly wrong as they've not even played their hand yet, and whilst a little "boring" I'd accept and support Hecky should it be him, so not entirely true on your last point.... Media don't help either as a final point.

I get the first bit. It still seems like a fair bit of anxiety from within the club though so it makes a case for fans feeling the same, and most of them are chucking money about so they can watch the team next season so I don't think it's particularly entitled / impatient, more anxious. I'm moaning about the lack of noise on this front, but I think that WIlder had more to do with his own depature than the board, I don't see where the board have done anything partularly wrong as they've not even played their hand yet, and whilst a little "boring" I'd accept and support Hecky should it be him, so not entirely true on your last point.... Media don't help either as a final point.
My comment was more with regards to how many of those voices online were laying into Hecky when he was just standing in and trying to do his best in fucking awful circumstances. He's been dealt a shit hand, and the club just didn't want to be dicks while he was doing that by openly writing him off.
The fan reaction to him, calling him shit and wanting him bombed out was beyond the pale for someone doing a good job in the role they were brought in to do.
Also since Wilder left the board have been getting kicked for every possible reason. Given that, why would they let anything out until it's all done and dusted.

Things are agreed and then backed out of, people who say they want to come then don't, and others are just shite when you finally get to talk to them.
If you informed the public at each step it would look like a right disorganised mess, when actually it's just recruitment the world over.

Last edited:
Must admit, after this length of time it is starting to get a bit tiresome

It appears the appointment isn't sorted yet, which is slightly concerning after this length of time

Wonder if we are on to our 3rd choice of manager yet?

My comment was more with regards to how many of those voices online, were laying into Hecky when he was just standing in and trying to do his best in fucking awful circumstances. He's been dealt a shit hand, and the club just didn't want to be dicks while he was doing that by openly writing him off.
The fan reaction to him, calling him shit and wanting him bombed out was beyond the pale for someone doing a good job in the role they were brought in to do.
Also since Wilder left the board have been getting kicked for every possible reason. Given that, why would they let anything out until it's all done and dusted.

Things are agreed and then backed out of, people who way they want to come then don't, and others are just shite when you finally get to talk to them. If you informed the public at each step it would look like a right disorganised mess, when actually it's just recruitment the world over.
Agree entitely re Hecky situation, and very fair points made re difficulties in keeping us more informed. Can't argue.. Just eager to get going again under someone else

I don’t disagree with your post FB but it’s clear to everyone who has listened to the last few interviews with the players and Hecky that they aren’t aware of anything, nothing looks like it’s already been organised from the sound bites I’m getting.

Another thing I’ve picked up on and it’s not from you by the way is the fact people are saying they’re taking their time to appoint someone to make sure they get the right decision, well we won’t know if it’s the right decision until the end of next season or the season after so that excuse doesn’t wash with me.

There’s something clearly holding something up, which has been spoken through at length. There’s one thing I’d like to know and that is, does SJ reside in the Uk because I’ve read something, saying that, that is where they’re saying the new manager is right now and has been doing for sometime?

I don’t disagree with your post FB but it’s clear to everyone who has listened to the last few interviews with the players and Hecky that they aren’t aware of anything, nothing looks like it’s already been organised from the sound bites I’m getting.

Another thing I’ve picked up on and it’s not from you by the way is the fact people are saying they’re taking their time to appoint someone to make sure they get the right decision, well we won’t know if it’s the right decision until the end of next season or the season after so that excuse doesn’t wash with me.

There’s something clearly holding something up, which has been spoken through at length. There’s one thing I’d like to know and that is, does SJ reside in the Uk because I’ve read something, saying that, that is where they’re saying the new manager is right now and has been doing for sometime?
I thought they said, the source that has spoken to The Star saying the club would announce the decision imminently, was based in the UK. That’s not necessarily or even likely to be the No1. I’d guess the No1 would likely to be dictating when it would be, so would know.

I thought they said the source that has spoken to The Star saying the club would announce the decision imminently was based in the UK. That’s not necessarily or even likely to be the No1. I’d guess the No1 would likely to be dictating when it would be, so would know.
👍

Just read SJ is having talks at WBA
You'll read all sorts in the media.

By the way, Wolves have got a new manager. In 2 days out, see ya! Wait for the meltdown to end all meltdowns. I can be bad. Just going to switch off to it all for a few days then go up the lakes for a week. Does ya no good.. Start panicing if we get to 2nd or 3rd week in June.

You'll read all sorts in the media.

By the way, Wolves have got a new manager. In 2 days out, see ya! Wait for the meltdown to end all meltdowns. I can be bad. Just going to switch off to it all for a few days then go up the lakes for a week. Does ya no good.. Start panicing if we get to 2nd or 3rd week in June.
Wolves were planning this change months ago.

McGoldrick and the rest of the players will be disappointed.
In his post Burnley interview he stated the players in the room need to know before they leave on holiday.

McGoldrick and the rest of the players will be disappointed.
In his post Burnley interview he stated the players in the room need to know before they leave on holiday.
What difference does 'knowing' make to the ones that are under contract?

Back
Top Bottom