McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for the assessment - Bogle has great potential for me - bit young and naïve when defending, ball watches a lot, but his faults just needs a good coach as the talent is there for all to see. He reminds me of Kieran Freeman who Clough took off you lot back in the days. Bogle is very like Freeman - pops up all over the place in the opposition box and has the skill level to make something happen - although you need to teach your young wingbacks to defend - Freeman was just the same!! Not as convinced by Lowe - the word steady comes to mind - has a nice left foot but appears like a number of footballers - he knows he'll make a living playing somewhere but never quite achieves or pushes to get further - we have a few of those!

So, good luck for the rest of the season and make sure you relegate our S6 neighbours on the last day of the season, although hopefully they will be already down by then :)

UTB

Compared to MCBurnie - Madine was class above.

He is slow but quicker than MCB
In front of goal he had a much better idea of where the goal was.
He was much stronger than McB
He had a proper fiersome shot, McB can't shoot.

The defence of McB is truly laughable-

A- we don't play to his strengths- he ain't got no strengths?
B- he scored a load for Swansea - once.

Week in week out we see his dopey languid closing down, we see him trying to play a midfield role, what we don't see is a player with any proper guile, any sharp shooting , and in front of goal his heading is atrocious- he's a full on muppet of the highest order; and off the field he's a chav- gauling beyond belief.
Don't understand the need to call the players names and use invective of this type. Ok you are entitled to your opinion, he hasn't done well with us. I thought he was brave on Sunday v L'pool but didn't take the one or arguably two chances that came his way.
Little point in going on about the season IMO. We are going down, can accept defeat but not disgrace.
Come on lads lets get a few results.

McB is short for McBurnie-

I have refrained from calling him McPub, McMiss, McUseless, McChav, on purpose- the rest isn't invective (had to look it up) at all.

Purely stating an all but sadly true case that had we kept Madine for nowt he couldn't have done any worse and in my honest opinion- I truly believe that Madine would have been say 5x more effective than McB.

We have seen many names of strikers that we have had that are supposedly worse than MCB- well I ain't having it- been watching for 55 years and he's right there at the top of the flop list - totally crap.

It's his own fault. If he didn't wear child-sized socks then half of this abuse wouldn't happen.

I would play any combination of strikers at the club before McBurnie and that is including the young kids on the fringes, tbh I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

He brings nothing to the team apart from barging into defenders and giving away free kicks, apparently this is bullying centre halves so say his twitter fans, I just call it being useless.

He pretends and I mean pretends to close down defenders with the ball, he never does because firstly he can't run, secondly he's pretending, his twitter fans call this putting in a shift, I call it being useless

He can't shoot

He can't score

He can't head a ball, and by that I mean find someone, he's a big lad so it stands to reason if he jumps he will win some headers, granted he does ok in our box defending corners but attacking? how often does he get a flick on, or even a free header that finds his strike partner? his flick ons find space nowhere near our players, a defender or go all the way out for a goal kick. A really good big centre forward knows where his strike partner is and other players around him and will head it to their direction or into a space where he knows one of our players can compete for it, McBurnie? will get a header and direct nowhere, might look good on the stats for headers won, I call it being useless.

I am CW biggest fan but he has dropped the biggest of all clangers with this lad, there is not a footballer in there, CW knows this but is far too stubborn to drop him out, he has to prove a point and give him game time hoping he will score and silence a few critics and in doing so prove himself right. Chris draw a line under it, he's no good, sell him for whatever you can get for him, whatever.

The reason he is in no rush with Brewster is that he believes he will come good, a young lad with plenty of time and will be massive for us next year so I think he knows that signing will not be a stain on him. McBurnie though? that is a stain and Chris is running out of time and so giving him every minute possible to try and get him out of this £20 million hole he has dug with the signing. The money is gone, burnt, will never be recovered, be won't ever get a quarter of the fee back, draw a line under it and leave him out, play Brewster because I do believe that is one lad that will come good, £23 million good? time will tell but he is on a different planet to the donkey McBurnie who is without a shadow of a doubt the worst Striker we have had and yes I was about to watch Guthrie and the countless others that could be mentioned.

Thanks for the assessment - Bogle has great potential for me - bit young and naïve when defending, ball watches a lot, but his faults just needs a good coach as the talent is there for all to see. He reminds me of Kieran Freeman who Clough took off you lot back in the days. Bogle is very like Freeman - pops up all over the place in the opposition box and has the skill level to make something happen - although you need to teach your young wingbacks to defend - Freeman was just the same!! Not as convinced by Lowe - the word steady comes to mind - has a nice left foot but appears like a number of footballers - he knows he'll make a living playing somewhere but never quite achieves or pushes to get further - we have a few of those!

So, good luck for the rest of the season and make sure you relegate our S6 neighbours on the last day of the season, although hopefully they will be already down by then :)

UTB

I have refrained from calling him McPub, McMiss, McUseless, McChav, on purpose- the rest isn't invective (had to look it up) at all.

Purely stating an all but sadly true case that had we kept Madine for nowt he couldn't have done any worse and in my honest opinion- I truly believe that Madine would have been say 5x more effective than McB.

We have seen many names of strikers that we have had that are supposedly worse than MCB- well I ain't having it- been watching for 55 years and he's right there at the top of the flop list - totally crap.
we could have had jay rodriguez for 5m at the same time as we bought mcburnie for 20m thats chris's mistake imo and although ive always hated madine he could have done the same job and probably better than mcburnie would not suprise me if he didnt end up back at the lane this summer

I would play any combination of strikers at the club before McBurnie and that is including the young kids on the fringes, tbh I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

He brings nothing to the team apart from barging into defenders and giving away free kicks, apparently this is bullying centre halves so say his twitter fans, I just call it being useless.

He pretends and I mean pretends to close down defenders with the ball, he never does because firstly he can't run, secondly he's pretending, his twitter fans call this putting in a shift, I call it being useless

He can't shoot

He can't score

He can't head a ball, and by that I mean find someone, he's a big lad so it stands to reason if he jumps he will win some headers, granted he does ok in our box defending corners but attacking? how often does he get a flick on, or even a free header that finds his strike partner? his flick ons find space nowhere near our players, a defender or go all the way out for a goal kick. A really good big centre forward knows where his strike partner is and other players around him and will head it to their direction or into a space where he knows one of our players can compete for it, McBurnie? will get a header and direct nowhere, might look good on the stats for headers won, I call it being useless.

I am CW biggest fan but he has dropped the biggest of all clangers with this lad, there is not a footballer in there, CW knows this but is far too stubborn to drop him out, he has to prove a point and give him game time hoping he will score and silence a few critics and in doing so prove himself right. Chris draw a line under it, he's no good, sell him for whatever you can get for him, whatever.

The reason he is in no rush with Brewster is that he believes he will come good, a young lad with plenty of time and will be massive for us next year so I think he knows that signing will not be a stain on him. McBurnie though? that is a stain and Chris is running out of time and so giving him every minute possible to try and get him out of this £20 million hole he has dug with the signing. The money is gone, burnt, will never be recovered, be won't ever get a quarter of the fee back, draw a line under it and leave him out, play Brewster because I do believe that is one lad that will come good, £23 million good? time will tell but he is on a different planet to the donkey McBurnie who is without a shadow of a doubt the worst Striker we have had and yes I was about to watch Guthrie and the countless others that could be mentioned.
great post

It's his own fault. If he didn't wear child-sized socks then half of this abuse wouldn't happen.
It’s all about the socks, bout the socks,
not teckers,
not teckers,
not the teckers.
And the headers that go who knows where 😀.

UTB

He can't shoot

He can't score

Well I am not a big fan of McB but I recently watched that video on You Tube of his 20 odd goals at Swansea and he looks a different player.! He was scoring headers from 12 -14 yards out so he can head a ball. Looking at those goals you can see that somebody watching him on a scouting mission over a period of time, would think he has possibilities for us. Where has it all gone wrong.?

Well I've been watching 75 years and I take your point, but trawling thro the list for bad buys at centre forward aint going to help so I wont do it. He will have to get Brewster in, I cant see him getting better sat on a cold bench getting piles. That is not helping him. If players like Foden and Greenwood are good enough at 18 why isn't he.?

Well I am not a big fan of McB but I recently watched that video on You Tube of his 20 odd goals at Swansea and he looks a different player.! He was scoring headers from 12 -14 yards out so he can head a ball. Looking at those goals you can see that somebody watching him on a scouting mission over a period of time, would think he has possibilities for us. Where has it all gone wrong.?
im not a fan of mcburnie either but he was fantastic for swansea and has shown nothing like that kind of form for us i think hes come in to the premier league and gone a bit like che billy big bollocks attitude having said that he certainly doesnt fit our system either

Well I've been watching 75 years and I take your point, but trawling thro the list for bad buys at centre forward aint going to help so I wont do it. He will have to get Brewster in, I cant see him getting better sat on a cold bench getting piles. That is not helping him. If players like Foden and Greenwood are good enough at 18 why isn't he.?
Fair enough Big Hitter- you've eaten a third more Misery Pie than me in your time. We've both seen lots of bad strikers- but safe to say McB doesn't sit on the bench with Jones/ Edwards/ Saunders/Deane. Don't get me wrong I've given McB a big honeymoon but its over, I just cannot see any positives in his play at all, and his style is not forme. I like a forward either in the Malcolm McDonald mode or quicksilver strikers that ooze pace like Greenwood you mention.

From what I have seen Brewster is deffo a step up from McB - but Chris is trying to protect him for rest of season. But next year I think the 'Poor Kid' will evolve and surprise a few. Keep watching Big Hitter..

Fair enough Big Hitter- you've eaten a third more Misery Pie than me in your time. We've both seen lots of bad strikers- but safe to say McB doesn't sit on the bench with Jones/ Edwards/ Saunders/Deane. Don't get me wrong I've given McB a big honeymoon but its over, I just cannot see any positives in his play at all, and his style is not forme. I like a forward either in the Malcolm McDonald mode or quicksilver strikers that ooze pace like Greenwood you mention.

From what I have seen Brewster is deffo a step up from McB - but Chris is trying to protect him for rest of season. But next year I think the 'Poor Kid' will evolve and surprise a few. Keep watching Big Hitter..
brewster will come good mcburnie wont 😲

Another win where Mcburnie didn't start. Just gonna say, it's not a coincidence...
And, how absolutely shite was he for the 10 minutes. “Go on son, hold it up, win the long balls out of defence and take the pressure off.” Utter, utter waste of time

Everyone slating McBurnie but it showed tonight why he gets the nod in front of Brewster.

Here’s my two’penneth. Richard Cadette, Paul Williams, Ade Akinibiyi, Barry Hayles, Willie Falconer playing up front v Coventry away. Supporting United sometimes is extremely taxing.
Good recall of players there. Saw them all, McB worse than all of those in their pomp. He really is top of the shit list.

Wilder: Ollie Mac for centre half on Saturday. 😆

Falconer away at Cov. We were dour that day. Can't believe we went on the train to that. It was bleak

We just won mate ,enjoy it
Believe me I did, fantastic result, I just cannot fathom how or why Wilder thinks that muppet is worth putting on the pitch. He plays, we lose, he doesn’t, we look lke a team again. Seeing him in a Blades shirt just .........

Moonlighting as a rugby league referee for Huddersfield Giants tonight.....

Attachments

• 9B9CA2E9-F604-4F9D-B7F4-226404C9A4E8.jpeg
    9B9CA2E9-F604-4F9D-B7F4-226404C9A4E8.jpeg
    658.9 KB · Views: 8
Compared to MCBurnie - Madine was class above.

He is slow but quicker than MCB
In front of goal he had a much better idea of where the goal was.
He was much stronger than McB
He had a proper fiersome shot, McB can't shoot.

The defence of McB is truly laughable-

A- we don't play to his strengths- he ain't got no strengths?
B- he scored a load for Swansea - once.

Week in week out we see his dopey languid closing down, we see him trying to play a midfield role, what we don't see is a player with any proper guile, any sharp shooting , and in front of goal his heading is atrocious- he's a full on muppet of the highest order; and off the field he's a chav- gauling beyond belief.
Madine is 30 - he's played 162 championship games, scoring 24 goals in 10 seasons, with 10 goals as his best return

Mcburnie is 24 - he's played 59 Championship games, scoring 31 goals in 2 seasons, with 22 goals as his best return

It's clear that Madine is a far superior player.

Said this myself..Madine is a far better striker then Mc Burnie..but then again...who aint😦

Madine is 30 - he's played 162 championship games, scoring 24 goals in 10 seasons, with 10 goals as his best return

Mcburnie is 24 - he's played 59 Championship games, scoring 31 goals in 2 seasons, with 22 goals as his best return

It's clear that Madine is a far superior player.

Yep stats back your argument.

Not sure if its because I think Oli is total pr!ck that my loyalties/ views are tainted.

But for me he is utter dog shite - and of the two after seeing both play- Madine was leaps and bounds above Oli- he at least had a proper decent shot on him.

Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie confirms he’s OUT of Scotland’s Euro 2020 squad

Back
Top Bottom