Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I see Danny has tweeted about it, wonder if he has anything he can share as to why we’re wide of the mark with our concerns.
stringer

From the Glossary of the Regs

Manager means any first team manager or first team head coach who is not a citizen of the United Kingdom or Ireland and has not acquired permanent residence in the United Kingdom, been granted pre-settled status or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or who is not eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (and has until 30 June 2021 to do so).

So, (my interpretation) calling him manager, head coach, Fred, Ginger, The Nawab of Pataudi doesn't help

Kudos for getting in a cricket reference.

(repeating) anyone who doesn't meet the published criteria for a Governing Body Endorsement may request an Exceptions Panel to consider the application
That is one option for what is going on in the background.

I think “the home of stainless steel” is a better translation - if not so funny.
it was google translate after all, so every pinch of salt.

"The German has enjoyed a long apprenticeship as a coach in the Bundesliga and now joins the club from the house of stainless steel as a new manager."

(repeating) anyone who doesn't meet the published criteria for a Governing Body Endorsement may request an Exceptions Panel to consider the application
That is one option for what is going on in the background.
Have a look at the exception panel criteria, it’s only upto Jan’21.

Have a look at the exception panel criteria, it’s only upto Jan’21.
Saw that. Doesn't make sense. Obvs that applies to players, who no one can sign outside the Window. A bit odd that it applies to Managers. But, yeah, strict reading, until the next set of regs, currently too late for an Exception Panel.

Good work on bringing up the FA's brexity rules. Whilst keen to get the new guy in and get us some leadership, I don't also see the mad rush to make the new manager manage the team for an excessive number of games this season given that we are tanking so badly, and there is relatively little room to manouevre team selection given the paucity of midfield options and key players currently out injured. 3 out of the last 4 games do look very winnable though and getting the new manager off to a good start could be important so maybe get him in for those.
Looks like we would need to get a panel and I wonder how long these things take..

Changing tack. Towards a Trivia Quiz. Can anyone think of a Managerial Appointment in the 92 that will have been subject to these regs. That would have been this 2021 Calendar year obviously. Or, might we be the first to try & go through this hoop

Changing tack. Towards a Trivia Quiz. Can anyone think of a Managerial Appointment in the 92 that will have been subject to these regs. That would have been this 2021 Calendar year obviously. Or, might we be the first to try & go through this hoop

Thomas Tuchel, but he would have had some top drawer band 1 time in his portfolio.

Xisco at Watford wouldn’t have made it 12 days after he was appointed.

I do wonder if there was an appeal, if the 7+ years of coaching culminating in him getting a senior managerial post would be taken into consideration. It's his profession.

It's not like an ex player with no experience of the coaching side has had a job for 8 months and that's it. He does have a highly applicable background, even if not as the no 1 guy.

I've given it some thought. And I've reviewed some history. And I've taken some counsel. I'm now going to leave it as;

On my reading, Blessin does not automatically meet Para 16.d.i of the Governing Body Endorsement criteria for a UK Work Permit. (He'd need to have managed a First Team for a minimum of 2 years). If those are the circumstances, any application to the Exceptions Panel would surely concentrate on his background as a Youth Coach. If it pans out that way, the Panel can review that evidence and decide whether to grant a Governing Body Endorsement.

On my reading, Blessin does not automatically meet Para 16.d.i of the Governing Body Endorsement criteria for a UK Work Permit. (He'd need to have managed a First Team for a minimum of 2 years). If those are the circumstances, any application to the Exceptions Panel would surely concentrate on his background as a Youth Coach. If it pans out that way, the Panel can review that evidence and decide whether to grant a Governing Body Endorsement.

So if our new friend Alexander does get the job, and BoJo decides he can come in, and Alex actually wants to turn up at Shirecliffe or even BDTBL: does he have to spend ten days in a quarantine hotel first of all, or is it better the whole squad goes over there for a practice session... and then they all come back together?

It all very confusing!

If he doesn't qualify for a visa for a football manager, no worries! There's a long list of skilled jobs to pick from to get him a visa. We could hire him as a social club manager, fitness instructor or groundsman (as long as we pay him £25,600 or more per year).

Failing that, we could hire him as one of the following that qualify for a visa:
  • Landlady of B&B
  • Fish & Chip Shop Owner
  • Beauty Salon Owner
  • Bookies Manager
  • DJ
  • Singer
  • Ballet Dancer
  • Park Ranger
  • Bee Farmer
  • Chef
  • Flower Arranger

We haven’t seen an inexperienced manager succeed since Ian Porterfield 40 years ago.

And even he had won the title in the division above in his only season.
Remind me how much experience CW had of League One/Championship/Premier League before he joined us? Experience is relative.

Remind me how much experience CW had of League One/Championship/Premier League before he joined us? Experience is relative.
You are missing my point. Wilder had been a professional manager for 14 years. This guy has done it for 34 games.

There are many examples of good coaches who make lousy managers, or good number twos who make lousy managers.

This guy:

• has managed for less than a full season
  • has not managed many, if any, British players
  • has no experience of English dressing rooms or English football

The last 2 points would be much less if an issue, or no issue at all, if he had a longer managerial CV.

He is virtually a rookie. And you never appoint a rookie manager.

It might work, but to me it’s got David Weir written all over it.

You are missing my point. Wilder had been a professional manager for 14 years. This guy has done it for 34 games.

There are many examples of good coaches who make lousy managers, or good number twos who make lousy managers.

This guy:

• has managed for less than a full season
  • has not managed many, if any, British players
  • has no experience of English dressing rooms or English football

The last 2 points would be much less if an issue, or no issue at all, if he had a longer managerial CV.

He is virtually a rookie. And you never appoint a rookie manager.

It might work, but to me it’s got David Weir written all over it.

It does beg the question of how someone is supposed to get over being a rookie and get the experience that you demand. Or is it just a rule for our club?

Bruce left us after the end of a rubbish season.

You forgot Martin Peters who was terrible
We finished 8th, not that bad considering what had been happening off the field.

Peters was before Porterfield.

It does beg the question of how someone is supposed to get over being a rookie and get the experience that you demand. Or is it just a rule for our club?

I don’t care where. Let someone else break them in. There are hundreds of teams in the UK and thousands on the continent.

More first time managers fail than succeed.

Back
Top Bottom