Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berge is the contradiction to what my theory is on how it works behind the scenes. The board wanted JVW more heavily involved and that’s a big reason as to why CW left. They claim they don’t want a DoF when they’ve already got one.

Maybe CW and his team identified Berge at around the same time PA and his team did and on that occasion it all played out nicely.

Edit: Forgot to quote you Pedro Verde

Berge is the contradiction to what my theory is on how it works behind the scenes. The board wanted JVW more heavily involved and that’s a big reason as to why CW left. They claim they don’t want a DoF when they’ve already got one.

Maybe CW and his team identified Berge at around the same time PA and his team did and on that occasion it all played out nicely.

Edit: Forgot to quote you Pedro Verde
Wouldnt be a shock if we announce JVW as DoF not so long after Blessin arrives would it?

Quite looking forward to a change, will never forget what Chris did for us, but we definitely need to freshen things up.

I'm always cautious of getting carried away as I thought Weir was a decent appointment from the options available, and thought Adkins was a good ambitious move.

Have to say though I'm quite positive and excited about this choice if it goes ahead.

No doubt some will see it as a cheap option and we still have to wait and see what transfer activity takes place.

I'm on the positive side of the fence though as it stands.

Of the names that have been mentioned only Howe and Jokanovic took my eye and I've no idea if they were even attainable.
I`m on the optimistic side of the fence too.

He has extensive experience of German football so will have a good knowledge of the game.

His spell at Ostend, though short, has been full of promise, and Belgian football is in a good place at the moment.

The system he plays and his desire to produce young players for the first team are also positives.

My only concern is that its damn hard to make a chant/song with that name. Other than that, gerrimin!!
He’s needs to get us up before he gets a song.
We need to learn from the Diego fiasco that you only get a song once you actually do something.

I’m just all about the Brian Blessed “Dive” merchandise that Shoreham St Magnifique will be pumping out alongside “Gordon’s alive/arrived” for young Kyron should he break through.

Just watched one highlight video on youtube of Oostende vs Gent from a few weeks ago and 5 seconds in somebody has the audacity to take a shot from outside the box and hits the post ... Gerimin

Alan Nixon saying he’s spoken to Oostend, no contact been made.
Follows United on Instagram though. Good as done to me.

Any chance of Blessin x Alan Knill link up?
Unlikely depends on three things really. First what does knill himself want to do? Does he want to stay at the club beyond the end of the season? Second how big a staff will united allow blessin to operate with and will everyone he brings with him from Oostende fill it or will there be slots free. Third when blessin meets knill does he feel they’d work well together.

Is he ?
Whos going to be doing the managing ?
Whos going to be doing the recruiting as we arent supposed to be going down the DOF route

He's going to be a manager in the sense of picking the team but not in the sense of choosing what colour the changing room walls were painted and what day they have pasta bake in the canteen like wilder was by all accounts. His main priority will be coaching and developing the players, hence the head coach title which I think PA alluded to somewhere in his interview.

Thought I'd also heard we were/have a recruitment committee as it were who suggested players to the manager/coach and therefore takes a lot of the overall responsibility out of his hands with regards to scouting and negotiating but ultimately it's the managers/coach who has the final say.

Just watched one highlight video on youtube of Oostende vs Gent from a few weeks ago and 5 seconds in somebody has the audacity to take a shot from outside the box and hits the post ... Gerimin
That is what we want to see - audacious, pressing football, playing the percentages , scoring goals and winning games (lots of games), points (lots of them) and even more friends (but none of those pesky tv radio commentators pundits, etc.)
Can’t wait!
Seriously.

Most importantly, he’s not linked to Doyen Sports 🤣 ................. or is he🤔

God, I hope they don't look at some of the bile spouted on Twitter before making a decision...
Yeah, his wife giving it the once over doesn't fill me with confidence.

Last edited:
Surely he brings his own staff and we get rid of Knill and Tindall

Unless Tindall can get his mate to keep him on.

Flatulent_Bob
Forgive me. I couldn't find by SEARCH. So, I'll ask directly. Have you "ruled" on whether Blessin would qualify for a Governing Body Endorsement? A quick reading of the regs requires;
"managed a club in a Top League for the prescribed time"

Belgian Div 1 is included as a Band 2 Top League.
Prescribed time is a cumulative total of 36 months or consecutive total of 24 months.

That is to get a GBE, face value requires three years experience as a manager in a defined Top League ... which he ain't got as he?

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...eria/gbe-mens-managers-criteria-jan-2021.ashx

Spackman and Bruce were doing well before resigning.

McKewan and Weir are the only other inexperienced managers we have had since then that have done badly.
Bruce left us after the end of a rubbish season.

You forgot Martin Peters who was terrible

Flatulent_Bob
Forgive me. I couldn't find by SEARCH. So, I'll ask directly. Have you "ruled" on whether Blessin would qualify for a Governing Body Endorsement? A quick reading of the regs requires;
"managed a club in a Top League for the prescribed time"

Belgian Div 1 is included as a Band 2 Top League.
Prescribed time is a cumulative total of 36 months or consecutive total of 24 months.

That is to get a GBE, face value requires three years experience as a manager in a defined Top League ... which he ain't got as he?

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...eria/gbe-mens-managers-criteria-jan-2021.ashx

Section 6, paragraph 2 of the GBE criteria does state that a GBE will be given to any manager that brings the requisite amount of ‘Pashun’ and ‘Ambishun’ regardless of prescribed time managing in a top tier. Subsequently all references to said manager must be in the form of ‘in X we trust’ where X (hitherto referred to as X) is the name of said manager.

Back
Top Bottom