Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The more I read about him, the more I like, and more importantly the more it makes sense.
  • Style of play is similar to the that that was liked under Wilder - attacking front foot football.
  • Our squad is built/moulded for the 3-5-2 system - his preferred system is 3-5-2
  • Championship is known for been physically demanding -AB places big emphasis on fitness and conditioning
  • Our younger age groups are performing very well and there are standout performers - AB likes to develop the pathway of youth to first team
  • The club (and I believe fans) would like to see our recruitment extended (geographically) - AB again has worked with players from all over the globe
Got to admit, the CV lines up beautifully with our currently needs.

The more I read about him, the more I like, and more importantly the more it makes sense.
  • Style of play is similar to the that that was liked under Wilder - attacking front foot football.
  • Our squad is built/moulded for the 3-5-2 system - his preferred system is 3-5-2
  • Championship is known for been physically demanding -AB places big emphasis on fitness and conditioning
  • Our younger age groups are performing very well and there are standout performers - AB likes to develop the pathway of youth to first team
  • The club (and I believe fans) would like to see our recruitment extended (geographically) - AB again has worked with players from all over the globe
Got to admit, the CV lines up beautifully with our currently needs.

BuT hE dOesNt KnOw ThE ChAMpiOnSHiP

That's simply money that Wilder earned for him through getting the club promoted. Anything else?
Wilder was paid, and well rewarded, for managing the club. Who do think gambled on Wilder by giving him a contract in the first place and ensured he had funds to get us promoted. Who them gave him funds which Wilder then wasted ?

By performing poorly since lockdown, you could argue that Wilder has cost the club over £100 million in revenue

Let‘s all take a breather for a moment, then count our Blessins how well we are doing here. At least, we firmly moved on from tomorrow‘s man Michael Appleton. 🤩

Added perks? My man Freiburg Blade who has spent a lifetime running from German football may have to get used to a ropey German accent in press conferences. As well as competition as a trail of RB Leipzig disciples is sure to make the long haul to Sheffield as soon as fans are allowed back in... 🍓

So for more reasons than one, I find this one an entertaining proposition.

PS: Now where is my tongue again? Firmly in my cheek or up Van Winkle‘s Ringpiece? You decide...

Managers such as Farke and Jokanovic came with zero UK managerial experience.

Marcelo Bielsa couldn’t even speak English and knew nothing about the Championship. He sat and watched every Leeds match from the previous season before accepting the job there. Now look at them.

All this no UK experience thing is absolute bollocks. If they’re good enough it is completely irrelevant.

Maybe nieve on my part, but I'd 100% rather have someone on the up and 'unknown' than a merry-go-round name. The thought of Pullis, Hughes, Allardyce etc. being at the helm would ruin my affinity with the club. I'm more interested in the journey, not that fussed about the destination (stagnation in the PL)

Managers such as Farke and Jokanovic came with zero UK managerial experience.
That’s not the point for me. They had a lot of experience managing (Farke’s career had some parallels with Wilders). This guy has less than a season.

Wilder was paid, and well rewarded, for managing the club. Who do think gambled on Wilder by giving him a contract in the first place and ensured he had funds to get us promoted. Who them gave him funds which Wilder then wasted ?

By performing poorly since lockdown, you could argue that Wilder has cost the club over £100 million in revenue
The accounts published today show that we have by far the lowest wage budget in the PL which probably reflects in the players that we have signed. As Wilder himself said we haven't been able to sign top end proven players but have had to take punts on players with potential. It's fair to say this season that most of those punts have failed but to blame all that on Wilder is not really taking into account the budget that he was working with.

Last edited:
Marcelo Bielsa couldn’t even speak English and knew nothing about the Championship. He sat and watched every Leeds match from the previous season before accepting the job there. Now look at them.

All this no UK experience thing is absolute bollocks. If they’re good enough it is completely irrelevant.
You don’t know if he’s good enough. He hasn’t done enough managing to be able to tell.

Easily

You don’t know if he’s good enough. He hasn’t done enough managing to be able to tell.

Surely you can flip that and say you don’t know if he’s not good enough? The first team experience he does have is good.

The current top six of the championship

Farke - German Non-league / Dortmund B
Xisco - Dinamo Tiblisi
Thomas Frank - Danish Youth
Steve Cooper - English Youth
Valerian Ismael - Austrian/German BL
Paunovic - MLS/ Serbian youth

Years of championship experience before taking over these clubs - 0
Average age - 43

I must admit after watching Saturdays game and listening to heckingbottom giving some of them a free ride, I I am all for someone completely fresh who won’t give a shit about players last achievements. I would fear someone coming in and continuing exactly what we have been doing the last 4 years. So needs a fresh voice and new leadership

Sounds like it is him - all over Twitter. How is everyone’s French?

*+NEWSFLASH+ 13.02 *

Dernières nouvelles - il semble qu'après de rapides négociations, le manager d'Oostend est sur le point de rejoindre le club de Premier League Sheffield United. L'Allemand a bénéficié d'un long apprentissage d'entraîneur en Bundesliga et rejoint maintenant le club depuis la maison de l'acier inoxydable en tant que nouveau manager. La légende belge, Enzo Scifo, a commenté cette décision: "C'est un entraîneur prometteur qui accueillera un passage dans les ligues anglaises. Comme les paroles de la célèbre chanson des fans, il jouit sûrement d'un gallon d'asticots"

Sounds like it is him - all over Twitter. How is everyone’s French?

*+NEWSFLASH+ 13.02 *

Dernières nouvelles - il semble qu'après de rapides négociations, le manager d'Oostend est sur le point de rejoindre le club de Premier League Sheffield United. L'Allemand a bénéficié d'un long apprentissage d'entraîneur en Bundesliga et rejoint maintenant le club depuis la maison de l'acier inoxydable en tant que nouveau manager. La légende belge, Enzo Scifo, a commenté cette décision: "C'est un entraîneur prometteur qui accueillera un passage dans les ligues anglaises. Comme les paroles de la célèbre chanson des fans, il jouit sûrement d'un gallon d'asticots"
The house of stainless steel. Fucking love that.

Quite excited by the prospect of this guy coming in .more I think about it the more I think it fits the ideology and structure of any club that wants to compete at the top end of the championship within the confines of ffp and considering the lack of motivation of most of our established first teamers now ,its difficult to envisage them being up for a Tuesday / Saturday attritional scrap to the death

You can say that.

the point is he’s an unknown quantity.
The idea of known quantity v unknown quantity implies that by going for the former you remove an element of risk. But I think managerial appointments are always gambles, IMO. You get very few managers who are successful everywhere they go. You can never guarantee success. You just need to find the right man for the role, and at each club that role totally varies - how much money they'll have, whether there are young players coming through to support the squad, what the expectations are, how much squad turnover is needed, the average age of the squad, how much control he'll have over the team + transfers. For that reason, if you think Blessin is the right guy, you go for him. You don't just go for someone with experience. I think a lot of other people have talked about why Blessin ticks a lot of boxes. For me, having the managerial experience, even if it's only a season, is more important than having experience in the UK. He can research the league, and he speaks good English.

It might be a gamble, but managerial appointments always are.

Back
Top Bottom