Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's interesting that the lesser spotted Andrew brought up our blind spot with regards to the Chris Morgan/Iain Hume incident as the Tifo football podcast featured an interview with Hume on Friday.
I've often wondered why Morgs gets a pass when we feel so strongly about the Whitehouse/Ainsworth and Santos/Andy Johnson incidents.
Obviously it's easy for me to say this from the comfort of my keyboard, but from what Hume says it does appear there was very little effort made on Morgan's part to apologise. This might not be the full and accurate story, but it's how Hume remembers it.
It's interesting how club allegiances and bias can effect how we can view such incidents or gloss over them.

I thought then, and still do now, Morgs should have never played for us again; and possibly have been arrested for GBH!

Alan Woodward was a better player than Tony Currie, and he didn’t go to Leeds.

Before formulating my response , perhaps you could tell us how many times you saw both of them play , what age you were at the time and the reasons why you consider Woody to be the better player .

I look forward to your reply .

Before formulating my response , perhaps you could tell us how many times you saw both of them play , what age you were at the time and the reasons why you consider Woody to be the better player .

It's a confession thread, nobody has to justify anything to anybody.

Woodward - First time, my age 25. Div. 1 At home against Blackpool, Oct 10. 1964 we lost 3-1 Hartle scored.
Currie - First time, my age 28 Div 1 At home against Tottenham Feb 26.1968 we won 3-2 B Wagstaff ,Currie Reece scored.

Number of times seen - God knows, a lot

Who was the better - at what ?
They complemented each other like Rolls and Royce ....... ;)

That's what I never understand.. if one of us did what Morgan did to Hume down town pissed up we could be looking at jail...
I think Morgan intended to elbow him but in the chest
not his fault Hume had bent his head down to elbow height
not one person at the time knew the damage done
barnsley kept him sat on the bench ffs only took him to hoapital ages after the incident
that probably did more damage not checking a head injury straight away

I still like Chris Wilder and don't blame him for trying to get paid up.
He's taking money from the club.
If you support Wilder over the club, then I suggest you go support the team he takes over next.
If he gets the sack, he gets paid up.
If he decides to quit due to him being out of his depth, then he doesn't deserve a penny.

I think Morgan intended to elbow him but in the chest
not his fault Hume had bent his head down to elbow height
not one person at the time knew the damage done
barnsley kept him sat on the bench ffs only took him to hoapital ages after the incident
that probably did more damage not checking a head injury straight away
Yeah I agree mate, I've watched Hume's podcast on Undr the cosh and even he thinks Morgan didn't intend to put him in hospital with a serious head injury.

It’s the first season in a while that our fans have acted far more embarrassingly than those across the city. I’m relieved we weren’t allowed into BL at this point, there are some who haven’t deserved to see us succeed in recent years.

Yeah I agree mate, I've watched Hume's podcast on Undr the cosh and even he thinks Morgan didn't intend to put him in hospital with a serious head injury.
I get the impression that Morgs was on very dodgy ground and had legal advice to keep schtum. It's the impression I get anyways as it's so typically un-Morgan like, he always comes across as a top bloke to me.

He's taking money from the club.
If you support Wilder over the club, then I suggest you go support the team he takes over next.
If he gets the sack, he gets paid up.
If he decides to quit due to him being out of his depth, then he doesn't deserve a penny.

Indeed it baffles me why people are happy for him to get a payout etc, he doesn't work for utd anymore so any money he takes is going to hinder the club which we support.

Everything went right in terms of luck for Wilder in our Premier League promotion season, everything went wrong for Danny Wilson in our 2011-12 promotion campaign. Although I'd never ever trade Danny Wilson for Chris Wilder, his time here was vastly underrated (thought some of the football in 11/12 was great) and we were only 3 wins and a draw different from Wilder's 2016-17 campaign.

Back
Top Bottom