Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's interesting that the lesser spotted Andrew brought up our blind spot with regards to the Chris Morgan/Iain Hume incident as the Tifo football podcast featured an interview with Hume on Friday.
I've often wondered why Morgs gets a pass when we feel so strongly about the Whitehouse/Ainsworth and Santos/Andy Johnson incidents.
Obviously it's easy for me to say this from the comfort of my keyboard, but from what Hume says it does appear there was very little effort made on Morgan's part to apologise. This might not be the full and accurate story, but it's how Hume remembers it.
It's interesting how club allegiances and bias can effect how we can view such incidents or gloss over them.

I was totally gutted when Wilder left but on reflection looking at the past year,with Wilder refusing to take any blame,refusing to compromise on a few things and his attitude towards the club on social media interviews and it seems him wanting to jump when the going got tough to keep his reputation intact,it’s probably a good thing he’s gone.

If CW is that good he was never going to stay, his ambitions should be to go to the Manchester Uniteds of this world so we have in fact benefitted from him but we’re never going to get longevity so we have to thank him but inevitably he has to move on it’s the way it’s happened that has upset us all. He is quite the rebel probably quite the ‘Marcy arse’ if he doesn’t get his own way and that’s a trait of a good manager he used his will to get his own thoughts across to a beleaguered bunch of players and made an absolutely success until he either got the ‘mardies on’ or other but it was coming to a conclusion in my eyes his stock was high and he’d achieved what he’d set out to do and he was in the lime light ready to go.

I think people are getting just a little carried away in reducing CWs credentials as a Manager.

If he had that 'kinda' success previously like Clough had with Derby and Burton I'd say yes, he could be found out. But he's had outstanding success at every club and level he's operated at.

Behaved like a bellend? Yes. Still a very good manager? Also yes.

What annoys me about the Carlos Tevez situation is not that West Ham signed him, it's that we didn't.

It's interesting that the lesser spotted Andrew brought up our blind spot with regards to the Chris Morgan/Iain Hume incident as the Tifo football podcast featured an interview with Hume on Friday.
I've often wondered why Morgs gets a pass when we feel so strongly about the Whitehouse/Ainsworth and Santos/Andy Johnson incidents.
Obviously it's easy for me to say this from the comfort of my keyboard, but from what Hume says it does appear there was very little effort made on Morgan's part to apologise. This might not be the full and accurate story, but it's how Hume remembers it.
It's interesting how club allegiances and bias can effect how we can view such incidents or gloss over them.

That’s just it, none of them ever apologise. Even if you want to carry on pretending it was accidental, at least say sorry and have the minimal guts to say it was a reckless mistake that you regret.

So heres what could be an unpopular opinion....despite all the talk about Jocanovic , Howe etc our next permanent manager is already in the seat...and if he isn't hes in the seat next to him

So heres what could be an unpopular opinion....despite all the talk about Jocanovic , Howe etc our next permanent manager is already in the seat...and if he isn't hes in the seat next to him

I suspect that is a possibility FB but only if they can get a tune (and some results) out of the squad in what remains of this season - not an easy job interview by any means. The display at Chelsea was promising and the best the side have played since Newcastle but still no goals and ultimately another loss.

Last edited:
I suspect that is a possibility FB but only if they can get a tune (and some results) out of the squad in what remains of this season - not an easy job interview by any means. The display at Chelsea was promising and the best the side have played since Newcastle but still no goals and another loss.
Yep MoS agreed. Plus he/they could easily be as successful (or unsuccessful) as a bigger name but...and it's an important but....they would be seen as the cheap option.

This would pile the pressure on the Prince and if, God forbid, we make a bad start to next season all hell will break loose in the stadium.

This next manager appointment is crucial and a 'name' manager will be given more time than the 'easy option'

Could be. Hermann Goering later went on to play Augustus Gloop in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.....

Looking back , I’m pretty sure I spotted Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd standing just behind him , so it’s all fitting together very nicely .

We'll meet again, don't know where don't know when ,
but I'm know we'll meet again some Saturday........
Keep smiling through that's what we've got to do,
keep on smiling till this Corvid goes away........... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom