Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There should not take them poles down holding the kop roof up.
In sted their should of more poles they're.

Here are a few for you:

• The club was ready for a change of manager & coaches even before CW walked/was pushed/agreed to go - the club has gone backwards in terms of the team and tactics in the last 12 months
  • I've been totally against Utd playing a flat 3 mid ever since it was started in the Champ, especially without a natural RCM
  • There's not been a single day since the court case that I've not been delighted that McCabe no longer has anything to do with the club
  • With the exception of the luminous yellow one (as worn at Leeds), I've not liked any of the adidas kits
  • The club upgrading its academy to Cat 1 to attract the best talent in the region (rather than lose them to Leeds, Man Utd, Man City, Derby etc.) is crucial to and as important to getting the decision on the next manager correct to its long term success.

Last edited:
Here are a few for you:

- The club was ready for a change of manager & coaches even before CW walked/was pushed/agreed to go - the club has gone backwards in terms of the team and tactics in the last 12 months
- I've been totally against Utd playing a flat 3 mid ever since it was started in the Champ, especially without a natural RCM
- There's not been a single day since the court case that I've not been delighted that McCabe no longer has anything to do with the club
- With the exception of the luminous yellow one (as worn at Leeds), I've not liked any of the adidas kits
- The club upgrading its academy to Cat 1 to attract the best talent in the region (rather than lose them to Leeds, Man Utd, Man City, Derby etc.) is crucial to its long term success.

I'm not sure any of those are unpopular opinions. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that points 2 and 5 are very popular opinions!

Everyone has at least one I reckon which goes against the tide, not looking for a debate about the issues themselves but interested what people come up with.

I'll start:

I think Kevin Blackwell was an excellent manager for us

That'll take some beating! :D
Great thread mate 👍

I would probably erase our promotion in 05/06 in exchange for never having had Neil Warnock as manager.
That's an interesting thought. That season pushed me away from United more than any other. It was the first seaon in years, possibly since the 80s, where I didn't attend a single game and that's broken the habit. I wouldn't say in exchange for having Warnock as manager, though, I'd just rather we didn't get promoted that season and Warnock's tenure should have been a bit shorter.

That's an interesting thought. That season pushed me away from United more than any other. It was the first seaon in years, possibly since the 80s, where I didn't attend a single game and that's broken the habit. I wouldn't say in exchange for having Warnock as manager, though, I'd just rather we didn't get promoted that season and Warnock's tenure should have been a bit shorter.

His conduct soured what could've been a great season.
With his "beloved" Blades at the top of the table, he starts stomping his feet and making demands about his new contract, wanting it there and then. McCabe, to give credit where it's due told him that the new contract would be on the table once the agreed objective of promotion was met. Colin naturally got the face on about it.

He was only too keen to fuck off to Portsmouth when Alain Perrin got sacked, and would've happily sabotaged our season in the process.

That's Neil "super Blade" Warnock in a nutshell. Amazing that he's still revered by some.

His conduct soured what could've been a great season.
With his "beloved" Blades at the top of the table, he starts stomping his feet and making demands about his new contract, wanting it there and then. McCabe, to give credit where it's due told him that the new contract would be on the table once the agreed objective of promotion was met. Colin naturally got the face on about it.

He was only too keen to fuck off to Portsmouth when Alain Perrin got sacked, and would've happily sabotaged our season in the process.

That's Neil "super Blade" Warnock in a nutshell. Amazing that he's still revered by some.
If he fucked off to Portsmouth we may still have gone up with a manager capable of keeping us up and not blame our relegation on West Ham, Man Utd and Liverpool.

This is what I wondered, whether he'll be just another Paul Lambert, Phil Brown or Nigel Adkins. He was fortunate to arrive with some very decent players like Sharp, Basham, Coutts etc.

We'll see.

Deadbat said exactly this on the podcast linked above. Andy and me disagreed; I’m sure he will get at least another crack at a high level (Wilder, not Andy). It’s up to him if he makes the most of it though - I think he probably will, but it could go either way.

Back
Top Bottom