Lundstrum £40k Value

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bucksblade

Reaction score
The flying championship team, remember those boys only 2 yrs ago. When Lundstrum was named on team sheet there was usually a collective sigh of displeasure from the punters in the international bar as we usually played less good with him. I have never been a fan of his, he looks so bloody miserable when he scored or that rare time he did something good.
So who in right mind at Rangers or elsewhere in Prem thinks he warrants such a pay package. Madness and I wouldn't pay a fraction of what he wants.
The fact midfield was down to bare bones saved his position in squad.
How he has attracted attention from Wet Spam and Rangers is beyond me.

He's smart.

He saw this coming. He'll get a nice big signing on bonus as an HG squad player on 50k a week at Newcastle or Villa in the PL while we're in the championship.

Can't blame him at all.

Or he'll win trophies and play European football under Gerrard at one of the more well known clubs in world football.

He's smart.

He saw this coming. He'll get a nice big signing on bonus as an HG squad player on 50k a week at Newcastle or Villa in the PL while we're in the championship.

Can't blame him at all.

Or he'll win trophies and play European football under Gerrard at one of the more well known clubs in world football.

I dont think hell get his premier league contract tbh. As a body of work (fuck all before his 1/3 decent season in the premier) i just dont think hes on anybodys radar at all. He shouldnt be

He's smart.

Can't blame him at all.

I would be amazed if a PL club came in for him. He was great for a few months last season then fell off a cliff when he got the tits on.

That being said, if anyone is stupid enough to pay him 50k a week then good luck to them.

Don't blame him for wanting more wages with our wage structure but blimey 40k a week wtf has he done to deserve that

The West Ham link is clearly just his agent making stuff up.

John's main concern should be the fact that his form and application have dropped off the edge of cliff, many months ago.

If he's playing to earn a move elsewhere, he's done very little to ignite interest, for several months.

I really hope Lundstram leaves now for all concerned, but obviously it'll have to be a fee that merit him going as we're going to find it hard to bring in a similar quality replacement for obvious reasons! I can't see any team paying a substantial transfer fee that we want, especially if that's £4m. Think we'll be lucky to get £2m.

Is anyone beginning to wonder why loads of our players arnt giving a shit anymore?
Weird!

Could he be asking for £40k (if he even is) because he actually wants to leave but at that wage, would be unable to refuse it.

Like with most things in football, we don’t really know what is going on. Have we withdrawn the contract offer ?

I know several tradesmen who ‘quote very high’ for jobs they don’t really want, but the price has then been accepted, so they do the job.

Is anyone beginning to wonder why loads of our players arnt giving a shit anymore?
Weird!

I think what must piss our players off and has caused a lot of them to down tools, is they see players like brewster, Berge etc being brought in, presumably on much better contracts than they are on yet they are contributing fuck all

Lundstram as average as he is, would probably do a better job up front for us than brewster as it stands

I would be amazed if a PL club came in for him. He was great for a few months last season then fell off a cliff when he got the tits on.

That being said, if anyone is stupid enough to pay him 50k a week then good luck to them.

What are we paying brewster... I can't imagine there is much change out of 40k per week

What are we paying brewster... I can't imagine there is much change out of 40k per week

Probably not, and I doubt any other club would pay him the same based on his form so far.

And that's the point with Lundstram, if he was playing now like he was playing in the first few months of last season, he could probably command 80k a week off someone. An energetic, lung busting, goal scoring, 2 footed, box to box midfielder, who can mix it up with some of the best in the division. Yes please!

Compare that to a lethargic, clumsy, average, sulky squad player. At the moment, he'd be lucky to get what we are paying him.

Probably not, and I doubt any other club would pay him the same based on his form so far.

And that's the point with Lundstram, if he was playing now like he was playing in the first few months of last season, he could probably command 80k a week off someone. An energetic, lung busting, goal scoring, 2 footed, box to box midfielder, who can mix it up with some of the best in the division. Yes please!

Compare that to a lethargic, clumsy, average, sulky squad player. At the moment, he'd be lucky to get what we are paying him.

As would our entire squad to be fair

I wouldn't say he's lethargic I'd just say he's not that good... The sending off against Brighton was because his control was terrible but he was desperate to get to the ball

One of the issues we'll find with players who've 6 months left is that understandably they are going to be worried about injuries costing them their next move, so we'll likely see 'less committed' performances from them. Completely natural, they've their career to think of. Listen to any one of the ex players podcasts and there's often stories of players telling others to take it easy on them as they've a move coming up etc etc. Shame really, but unless we offer him what he's after we arent going to see the best of him between now and the end of the season, which is a shame as we could do with the Lundstram of 19/20 season

The flying championship team, remember those boys only 2 yrs ago. When Lundstrum was named on team sheet there was usually a collective sigh of displeasure from the punters in the international bar as we usually played less good with him. I have never been a fan of his, he looks so bloody miserable when he scored or that rare time he did something good.
So who in right mind at Rangers or elsewhere in Prem thinks he warrants such a pay package. Madness and I wouldn't pay a fraction of what he wants.
The fact midfield was down to bare bones saved his position in squad.
How he has attracted attention from Wet Spam and Rangers is beyond me.

I'll guess that Moyes (now West Ham) had Lunny in and around his squad when Moyes was Everton Manager.

as for Rangers - it's a cheap player in a league that doesn't attract a great amount of TV money and any agent will be talking of a signing on fee

UTB

Another player that had a 10 game purple patch ,he's been shocking this season ,5 k aweek champ player that's his level

I don't think Lundstram has it between his ears to try and manipulate something like this, it'll be his agent attempting to strike while the iron was hot, when he had his little renaissance before Berge turned up. It was like we'd signed a new player and I for one was surprised and wondered where this player had been the past two seasons where he was average at best.

Shame it hasn't continued but once heads get turned, they won't be 100% committed and that's just how it is. If someone was telling me I could get 10 times what I was getting paid for doing the same job, my mind wouldn't really be on the job in hand either. Lundstram will have already been thinking about what to do with this extra cash that probably won't all materialise based on current performances.

I'd pay him off and let him try and get that £40k on his own.

Sick of the mardy get.

He'd probably end up on half that at a Championship team that haven't being paying attention since December 2019.

Back
Top Bottom