Killa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jehovah

Reaction score
Has been linked with a loan move to Donny and Hull. Why are we not going for him? WHY

Donny are stretching themselves, or to be more precise John Ryan is.....

It's less a case of not being able to compete and more a case of SUFC trying to get its finances under control, whilst JR speculates a little with his club's finances. Rightly or wrongly they are in the market for Kilgallon's and Healy's where as we are in the market for anything better than we've got that is affordable.

Alternatively this could be discussed in the Killgallon thread just 12 threads down the list in the rumours section that you posted this one

Adamski

Who is linking him ,not Ryan is it ? A friend of mine at Donny says it would be too complicated as he is on a long term loan at Boro so whoever gets him would have to take him permanently.

Alternatively this could be discussed in the Killgallon thread just 12 threads down the list in the rumours section that you posted this one

Adamski

I........im so sorry. I feel terrible about posting something which has already been posted. I knwo I must have ruined a lot of peoples lives by doing this and am sincerley sorry. Please see the follwing website I have set up for this national disaster.

www.bigdeal.com

I........im so sorry. I feel terrible about posting something which has already been posted. I knwo I must have ruined a lot of peoples lives by doing this and am sincerley sorry. Please see the follwing website I have set up for this national disaster.

www.bigdeal.com

No need to apologise, just thought it doesn't take much to have a look to see if something has been posted on that subject before. Consider me a service for you :)

He is being linked with a return to L**ds now.

If he ends up at either Donny or L**ds I will be really really annoyed! :thumbdown:

Seth Bennett has just confirmed on Twitter he's gone to Donny on loan for rest of reason..

im sorry but given the nightmare of a defence we have, to not be able to compete with doncaster rovers for a player is nigh on bullsh*t. im glad i didnt renew my ST now

During his last few months with us he often didn't seem to be interested.

Since leaving us he's hardly pulled up any trees.

Donny may find he's an expensive luxury.

Killa without Morgs is like Nosworthy without a head.

Killa = Over rated hair dresser.
Legend in his own lunch time as can be witnessed by his prolific form for Sunlan' and Boro' since going for the coin.

Legend in his own lunch time as can be witnessed by his prolific form for Sunlan' and Boro' since going for the coin.

Agreed Kenilworth!

Would still rather have an underperforming Killa than the square head liability Nossy.

We cant tempt Donnys manager, we cant tempt Donnys transfer targets, so who the fuck can we tempt to actually join us?

We just need to keep telling ourselves that League 1 is not as bad as you think!

i cant believe the stick killa is getting... he left the club conveniently like every other recent star we've had 'for the money' (brown, beattie, kenny etc etc) - he was flogged off before the end of his contract and pilloried for having the audacity to seek a new deal (brown, beattie, kenny etc etc)... and the worst thing of all is people swallow that mccabe bullshit every time - and where has it got us?? staring division one in the face, if not this year certainly next, with a team utterly devoid of talent and direction.

i cant believe the stick killa is getting... he left the club conveniently like every other recent star we've had 'for the money' (brown, beattie, kenny etc etc) - he was flogged off before the end of his contract and pilloried for having the audacity to seek a new deal (brown, beattie, kenny etc etc)... and the worst thing of all is people swallow that mccabe bullshit every time - and where has it got us?? staring division one in the face, if not this year certainly next, with a team utterly devoid of talent and direction.

For me, the annoyance at Killa was his downturn in form, the level of increase he was demanding and the convienient Sky Sports interview.

He has the ability to be a fantastic player when he wants to be, but he needs a certain type of player alongside him in my opinion.

Fair play to him for getting a move and increasing his wages/bonuses. His time since he left though, is a lesson to those thinking it's simply a case of securing a contract at a prem club and carrying on where you left off.

michael brown had a similar downturn in form... and i think both knew they were on their way out with no chance of a new contract.

i think you have a point about killa being better alongside a morgan figure but who is to say he couldnt have stepped up to the mark? he obviously wants to play football or he wouldnt have settled for donny rovers. given our position and the dire straits of out squad, the signing of killa til the end of the season wouldve been a major chance for improvement.

michael brown had a similar downturn in form... and i think both knew they were on their way out with no chance of a new contract.

i think you have a point about killa being better alongside a morgan figure but who is to say he couldnt have stepped up to the mark? he obviously wants to play football or he wouldnt have settled for donny rovers. given our position and the dire straits of out squad, the signing of killa til the end of the season wouldve been a major chance for improvement.

It would of boosted confidence all round had we got him back til the end of the season but im sure we have someone better lined up.

Definately, I know it's easy to say and isn't quite so simple, but for me that shouldn't even be a consideration when you hit the white line. You should be proving that you deserve that contract or impressing to secure whatever it is you are looking for.

He could have, in my opinion he'd have been more of the same as he's been since leaving. I know a few Leeds fans (unfortunately :D) and they are also of the same opinion that in some ways, he needs looking after. That's not to say thats the case and he couldn't step up to the plate without, but from what I've seen of him, I'd be doubtful.

The biggy for me would be the percentage of wages and loan fee we'd have had to pay if we did want him. You can bet Donny will get away with a lower figure too.

I kind of mis-represented myself there - what I meant was the downturn in performances wasnt a deliberate 'take it easy' ploy, just that it affected their game.

cant agree about the fees involved though - we seem to have a good relationship with sunderland - and we could effectively nurture their 'alternative' centre half partnership for them for 6 months.

lets be honest - the purse strings havent been tightened, theyve been tied in a knot and padlocked. i really do refuse to believe that there has been so much money wasted at BDTBL since the premiership season that we are in such a financial mire - its obvious mccabe is refusing to prop even the merest neccessary stop gap for the squad - and come may if we're relegated that will come back and bite him on the arse big style. given our defensive frailties this is a seriously missed opportunity.

cant agree about the fees involved though - we seem to have a good relationship with sunderland - and we could effectively nurture their 'alternative' centre half partnership for them for 6 months.

We do, but I'd still hazard a guess that it's still expected in the game that we have more money to spend than most of our championship rivals, as much as our supporters and men holding the strings know and protest otherwise :)

I can't see them having given us Nyron and Reidy on the cheap.

It is a well known fact that Ryan with 30 million is only the 3rd wealthiest bloke at Donny ,with the main man being worth about 650 million.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

You would have thought they might have shelled out some small change for undersoil heating ,small club ,small mentality.

Killgallon has always seemed to me to be someone who isn't good enough for the Premier League but is a very good Championship player. I also agree that it helps if he has a Morgan type player or old head alongside him. From this point of view, I thought he was an odd signing for Sunderland as he has a track record of not being the most physical centre half - the opposite of what Bruce likes - and a patchy PL record (albeit in limited opportunities).

That said, whilst his form was patchy last season (West Brom home was a disaster, of course) he had played pretty well in the run up to Christmas and we really missed him when he left. He is a better player than anyone in our back four at the moment, that's for sure.

I have long maintained that United got it the wrong way round with Kilgallon. Given how long his contract had to run, they should have sold him in the summer of 2009 and kept Walker. If you know that a player will walk in a year, why not cash in whilst he still has value rather than getting rid of a younger, better player who has a longer contract? That was a bad choice, and letting Bromby go as well compounded the error.

I kind of mis-represented myself there - what I meant was the downturn in performances wasnt a deliberate 'take it easy' ploy, just that it affected their game.

I always think Brown gets unfairly maligned for his form in 2003-4. He was coming off such a great season that it was inevitable that he would fall away a bit. It's regression to the mean. He scored 10 goals from outside the box in 2002-3 - that's something that is highly unlikely to be replicated, particularly when you are being double marked, as he was the following year. It so happens that 2002-3 was a career year for him. I think he was trying as hard as ever - with one caveat. I remain to this day highly suspicious of his sending off at Burnley, which conveniently ruled him out of our remaining pre transfer window matches...

Did'nt even notice his departure Rev, what with his replacement already being in situ and stepping up to the plate so seamlessly.

Foxy, from your post above, are you hinting at Noz being paid more than Killa wanted?

Back
Top Bottom