Killa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

at least we did actually speak to him and, to be fair to the bloke, he didnt want to go back to Leeds either - though in both cases maybe he didnt like the torrent of abuse he received when leaving both clubs. this could be a key signing for doncaster, dont bet against them doing a 'blackpool' this season.

The postitive news is that,by going for Killa,we appear to have some money to pay the wages for a decent player.

depends what we 'offered' though doesnt it? look at all the 'decent players' we were in for like mcindoe... its another old blades ploy 'well we spoke to them but we couldnt afford them'. i can go into hadfields and talk to them about a jaguar any time i like regardless of whether im actually 100% serious/in a position to do the deal.

Went to further his career and whos not done that. The trouble is he's always done it (who hasnot)? well maybe people like Matt le Tissier. We as fans want players to have affection for our club (even if loyalty is not there anymore). He had neither and his form when wanting a move proved that, shirking out of tackles and stuff. Dont give a toss about Killa if he did come back he would never become a fans favorite (nor would he seek it) and from a point of affection he would hold the lowest in the squad for me. I'm sure he would not miss that kiss anyway.
Good luck Donny

its inexplicable that any player of a better quality than what we have - and what we have in defence is WOEFUL right now - could be so easily dismissed.

I think any united fan would like him to come and do a job for us but thats all most would feel. It would not excite anyone.

Seth asked if signing him would help get some crowds down to donny. I doubt if a centre half could ever really do that. I can't think of one that would get some of my mates back down the lane.

to his credit, the money-grabbing, ex-dirty weed, powder-puff hairdresser had given his word to join doncaster by the time we spoke to him. that was his words on FH tonight, not the same as what he appears to have been quoted in the YP.

Pup, you say respect the fact he wants to play, even for Donny, but he's getting upwards of 20k a week. It's really not any skin off his nose to run about for 90 mins a week.

Respect players who take a pay cut to play. Loanees in his position are just killing time for the most part.

im sorry but given the nightmare of a defence we have, to not be able to compete with doncaster rovers for a player is nigh on bullsh*t. im glad i didnt renew my ST now

Personally I don't think Killa would be worth the money in wages. Overrated when he was here, he's a good defender at our level but worth close to a million for half a season? Not for me, Ryan or more like the real person funding them is digging deep for this one.

Be worth it if he gets them promoted, otherwise as you say a waste of 500,000. Personally I can't see them getting close to the playoffs, and it will be interesting to see if they give it another push this summer.
Regarding Killa, at least he is willing to put on a shirt and play, there are plenty of squad players in the premiership who are happy to take the dosh every week for doing absolutely nothing.

I don't think they will get promoted. They have Leicester, breaking late for the playoffs, to contend with for starters who have had a much better centre half on loan in the guise of Davies.

Personally I don't think Killa would be worth the money in wages. Overrated when he was here, he's a good defender at our level but worth close to a million for half a season? Not for me, Ryan or more like the real person funding them is digging deep for this one.

bobbins is about the only printable thing i can say to that.

I know one man does not a defence make, but it's 3 played and 8 conceeded since Killa joined Donny. O' Driscoll subbed him off on 71 minutes tonight, with him holding his hamstring.

Young William apparently threw a strop and is apparently rumoured in some Donny circles to be on his way. The fans booed at full time.

Doesn't seem to be all that rosy at the moment, infact, ever since Mr Ryan delighted in being in the press every two minutes about our managerial vacancy they seem to have lost their way a bit.

I know one man does not a defence make, but it's 3 played and 8 conceeded since Killa joined Donny. O' Driscoll subbed him off on 71 minutes tonight, with him holding his hamstring.

Young William apparently threw a strop and is apparently rumoured in some Donny circles to be on his way. The fans booed at full time.

Doesn't seem to be all that rosy at the moment, infact, ever since Mr Ryan delighted in being in the press every two minutes about our managerial vacancy they seem to have lost their way a bit.

Strange how much noise was made during our manager hunt about SOD but none of the jobs that have come up since have had SOD linked. Perhaps SOD's ego has took a bashing and his mind is not on the job?

Recent games:

Sheff U 2-2 Doncaster
Doncaster 2-2 Wolves
Doncaster 0-3 Reading
Wolves 5-0 Doncaster
Ipswich 3-2 Doncaster
Doncaster 0-2 Barnsley

P6 W0 D2 L4 F6 A17

Nearly as bad as us :) ... is that the sound of wheels falling off their promotion bid I hear??

When I saw the result last night, I thought to myself in the same way as there is always one club that comes from the pack and gets into the play-offs, there is always one club that goes the other way and gets dragged into the relegation dogfight. (Crystal Palace had it last year although courtesy of 10 point deduction).

I just have this feeling that Donny will be the one that gets dragged in this year.

Recent games:

Sheff U 2-2 Doncaster
Doncaster 2-2 Wolves
Doncaster 0-3 Reading
Wolves 5-0 Doncaster
Ipswich 3-2 Doncaster
Doncaster 0-2 Barnsley

P6 W0 D2 L4 F6 A17

Nearly as bad as us :) ... is that the sound of wheels falling off their promotion bid I hear??

Interesting read that Balham. Listening to their supporters and ones from other clubs in the region, I think people are finally starting to realise just how grossly overrated they are. They are an average team that tries to pass the ball (and occasionally does it well).

They've been a steady mid-table to bottom half side in this division since they came up. I wish the local media for one, would climb out of their arse for five minutes and stop banging the drum about them.

Interesting read that Balham. Listening to their supporters and ones from other clubs in the region, I think people are finally starting to realise just how grossly overrated they are. They are an average team that tries to pass the ball (and occasionally does it well).

They've been a steady mid-table to bottom half side in this division since they came up. I wish the local media for one, would climb out of their arse for five minutes and stop banging the drum about them.

and what do you expect from them?

This is Doncaster Fucking Rovers for Christ sake.

Prior to this spell they haven't been in this Division since before I was born (and I'm in my 50's), they have only ONCE in their entire history finished above us in the league (when they were in Div 3 and we were winning Div 4) and have NEVER finished above 11th position in the second tier.
Perhaps we should be looking at how they now appear to be able to compete with us instead of denigrating their acheivements in being as successful as they've ever been in their entire history.

Someone posted just last week that we are ONLY seven points behind them. Fuck me, our standards are lower than a dachsunds bollocks if that is something we're shouting about.

Back
Top Bottom