The Case for Eddie Howe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Eddie Howe didn't fail at Burnley - he and the Burnley chairman at the time reached a mutual agree to cancel his contract as his wife couldn't settle in the North.

Chances are the same will apply...hmmmm.....Burnley or Bournemouth - tough call !

He's waiting for a job in London.

My guess is Palace will have already tapped him up for the job when Woy finishes at the end of this season.

UTB

anyway...............Wilder is going no where (IMHO)

Eddie Howe didn't fail at Burnley - he and the Burnley chairman at the time reached a mutual agree to cancel his contract as his wife couldn't settle in the North.

Chances are the same will apply...hmmmm.....Burnley or Bournemouth - tough call !

He's waiting for a job in London.

My guess is Palace will have already tapped him up for the job when Woy finishes at the end of this season.

UTB

anyway...............Wilder is going no where (IMHO)
I think so, either that or he's waiting for Celtic which seems to be the unsubstantiated rumour

Howe is a fraud. He's never achieved anything without major backing for the level he was at. Bournemouth were relegated with the biggest wage bill in history, circa 110 million, whilst lavishing large transfer budgets on players every year. The moment he had to manage at Burnley, he left, and let Dyche show him what management was. Incidentally the only manager in England with the CV to justifiably replace CW/AK is Dyche, and I very much doubt we could attract him. Unless the Prince knows who the next Klopp is on the continent, there is no justification for replacing CW/AK that exceeds the knee jerk 2006/7 stuff . Au contraire: we should be taking the opportunity to extend the management deals - implementing big release clauses, and low exit clauses for the club - whilst their stock is relatively low.

Last edited:
Very interesting shout that. Sure someone will be along to shoot you down and question your loyalty, you may get a 'i wouldn't want to be with you int' trenches comment too.
My loyalty cannot be questioned, been there seen it all with united , as for in the trenches, i wouldnt want to be with me , 63 yrs old with flatulance and a true coward,

Howe is a fraud. He's never achieved anything without major backing for the level he was at. Bournemouth were relegated with the biggest wage bill in history, circa 110 million, whilst lavishing large transfer budgets on players every year. The moment he had to manage at Burnley, he left, and let Dyche show him what management was. Incidentally the only manager in England with the CV to justifiably replace CW/AK is Dyche, and I very much doubt we could attract him. Unless the Prince knows who the next Klopp is on the continent, there is no justification for replacing CW/AK that exceeds the knee jerk 20006/7 stuff . Au contraire: we should be taking the opportunity to extend the management deals - implementing big release clauses - whilst their stock is relatively low.
This is a fucking batshit post, bookended by the two worst opinions I've seen allllll week.

Then offer a counter argument rather than petty insults. That adds nowt to the debate.
You have labelled a manager a fraud for getting a team promoted just because he was financially backed, it's not that simple, look across the city.

You have also suggested EXTENDING the contracts of our management. That's fucking barmy.

You have labelled a manager a fraud for getting a team promoted just because he was financially backed, it's not that simple, look across the city.

You have also suggested EXTENDING the contracts of our management. That's fucking barmy.

You negotiate whilst your in a position of power. The club now has it within its power to extend the deals of one of the brightest management teams in England whilst incorporating huge release fees, and low termination fees for the club. It'd be foolhardy not to take advantage. They made that mistake with Warnock...
Howe is a fraud because he's never done anything without the odds being stacked in his favour. Denim was the man. You have to look beyond the surface. He got out of Bournemouth and Burnley as fast as he could x3. The Burnley one was Weiresque.

He’s not as good as Wilder and just got a better team, with more talent and a better budget relegated.

Apart that good suggestion.
I suggest 'not as good as Wilder' is probably just our opinion now. I could see a PL side appointing Howe, but not CW.

And unfortunately, 3 sides have to go down. All of which had more talent and budget than us. Do the 4 seasons before that where Bournemouth were an established PL club not count?

You negotiate whilst your in a position of power. The club now has it within its power to extend the deals of one of the brightest management teams in England whilst incorporating huge release fees, and low termination fees for the club. It'd be foolhardy not to take advantage. They made that mistake with Warnock...
Howe is a fraud because he's never done anything without the odds being stacked in his favour. Denim was the man. You have to look beyond the surface. He got out of Bournemouth and Burnley as fast as he could x3. The Burnley one was Weiresque.
SeaSeaSeaSider I'll let you take this one.

If we go down with a record-low points total and playing this turgid style of football would you still consider them one of the brightest management teams in England?

Genuine question.

Don’t bother he’s set up this thread so he can run back to his mates on shoutbox saying oh look at the thread I’ve started wait till they all start having a go at me! Light the blue touch paper he said if memory serves me correct!
Sorry to but in but due to recent events I don't recommend making an enemy out of the most infamous shoutbox mafia. PC Plodbox. 😂⚔️

If we go down with a record-low points total and playing this turgid style of football would you still consider them one of the brightest management teams in England?

Genuine question.

Yes, one swallow and all that...

SeaSeaSeaSider I'll let you take this one.

Why, the task too onerous for you? It's worth looking at Tindall's role at Bournemouth too. How much of the good at Bournemouth was down to him? Those advocating Howe are surely advocating the Tindalless version which only adds to the gamble.

Yes, one swallow and all that...

Fair enough. For me it's starting to look like a bit more than one swallow--we haven't seen much front-foot football at all in 2020 and I'm worried we might not see it again. But I do think they deserve more time to show they still have what it takes.

Fair enough. For me it's starting to look like a bit more than one swallow--we haven't seen much front-foot football at all in 2020 and I'm worried we might not see it again. But I do think they deserve more time to show they still have what it takes.

I'd give them to this time next season. If we haven't returned to the front foot, high intensity United in the top eight of the Champ looking upwardly mobile in the second half of the season, then, and only then, it might be time. You look around the leagues and potential replacements are scary.

It's a YES from me. They were nowhere near as good when he left and Trevor Rabin replaced him.

I'd give them to this time next season. If we haven't returned to the front foot, high intensity United in the top eight of the Champ looking upwardly mobile in the second half of the season, then, and only then, it might be time. You look around the leagues and potential replacements are scary.

I can see a case for that, yeah. The counter-argument is that we may have wasted two transfer windows and half a season by then.

Personally I think Howe is a pretty good candidate if Wilder leaves while he's still without a job. His record isn't spotless but it's pretty impressive overall.

In an ideal world we’d have the Wilder of old at the helm managing a new group of fresh, hungry players.

That version of CW seems a distant memory at the minute though. Also his recruitment over the last two years has been largely poor, so is he still capable of rebuilding the squad?

Then offer a counter argument rather than petty insults. That adds nowt to the debate.
The counter argument is that your post is factually incorrect. Bournemouth were in admin when he took over first time. They were in the fourth division with no money and a 17 point deduction.

People keep saying ‘I see people talking about Wilder leaving but there’s no viable alternative’ - I’ve got one. Eddie Howe.
For some reason some of our fans scoff at him? Eh? What’s not to like apart from him being southern?

Pros:
  • Plays attacking football, we might score 2 goals in a game and maybe more than 1 from open play every 12 games.
  • Likes players with pace, so we might see some counter attacks that don’t take the same time it takes to watch the Star Wars collection in full
  • Has plenty of PL experience, more than our club has got actually
  • Has promotion experience, shows he knows how to spend money in the leagues below in order to get over the line
  • Comes across as a likeable bloke who the players would get along with
  • Has had 2 of our most expensive players already so will know ho

Cons:
  • Southern
  • Failed at Burnley in only Northern job 7 years ago or something
  • Has a relegation on his CV (although that was double points at least, unlike what we’ll achieve)
  • Defensively Bournemouth were poor, so we might be as bad as we are now
  • Is apparently waiting for Celtic or something
  • Looks like he might burst into tears at any minute

Shouts for Big Sam, Curbishley, Redknapp, Warnock, whoever else should be laughed at rightfully.
But if we need a new manager from these shores, I don’t see a better option than South Coast Eddie.

This isn’t a Wilder out post before I get called reactionary, a pig, a doom merchant, a troll, whatever else. But when you lose 15 league games out of 16, score 1 open play goal in that time, have scored 2 goals in the calendar year 3 times, have a manager making very very bizarre decisions (that lineup yesterday ffs), and are playing football that Morecambe would turn their nose up at - I think you’re entitled to start thinking of alternatives.

South Coast Eddie, he’s the man. If he can’t do it, no one can.

And another one goes on ignore.

People keep saying ‘I see people talking about Wilder leaving but there’s no viable alternative’ - I’ve got one. Eddie Howe.
For some reason some of our fans scoff at him? Eh? What’s not to like apart from him being southern?

Pros:
  • Plays attacking football, we might score 2 goals in a game and maybe more than 1 from open play every 12 games.
  • Likes players with pace, so we might see some counter attacks that don’t take the same time it takes to watch the Star Wars collection in full
  • Has plenty of PL experience, more than our club has got actually
  • Has promotion experience, shows he knows how to spend money in the leagues below in order to get over the line
  • Comes across as a likeable bloke who the players would get along with
  • Has had 2 of our most expensive players already so will know ho

Cons:
  • Southern
  • Failed at Burnley in only Northern job 7 years ago or something
  • Has a relegation on his CV (although that was double points at least, unlike what we’ll achieve)
  • Defensively Bournemouth were poor, so we might be as bad as we are now
  • Is apparently waiting for Celtic or something
  • Looks like he might burst into tears at any minute

Shouts for Big Sam, Curbishley, Redknapp, Warnock, whoever else should be laughed at rightfully.
But if we need a new manager from these shores, I don’t see a better option than South Coast Eddie.

This isn’t a Wilder out post before I get called reactionary, a pig, a doom merchant, a troll, whatever else. But when you lose 15 league games out of 16, score 1 open play goal in that time, have scored 2 goals in the calendar year 3 times, have a manager making very very bizarre decisions (that lineup yesterday ffs), and are playing football that Morecambe would turn their nose up at - I think you’re entitled to start thinking of alternatives.

South Coast Eddie, he’s the man. If he can’t do it, no one can.
Would that be the same Eddie Howe that was the manager of relegated Bournemouth last season? You couldn’t make it up!!!!

Would that be the same Eddie Howe that was the manager of relegated Bournemouth last season? You couldn’t make it up!!!!
The same Eddie Howe yes, the same one that had previously took that Bournemouth side up from League one to the Premier League, and kept it there for 5 years. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom